Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

So are the campaign 13-14* drops area drops, or do they drop off specific bosses?
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreek View Post
    So are the campaign 13-14* drops area drops, or do they drop off specific bosses?
    Nemesis NT Welia and other drops are area drops. *14, can't confirm since we'd need someone to get it and say from what he got it !

I like Naberius more than Amd, but it the lack of a Nemesis sheet was a horrible decision. It also shows the limitations of just boosting enemy attack and defense. The AI needs to be a little smarter too. Right now the biggest threat comes from having too many enemies around you to keep track of everything. Taking damage doesn't necessarily feel like a fight, but some random thing that happens now and then.

I'd say it's still worth playing at least. I like having an active infinite play area and having enemies that don't immediately fall over like in LQ or most free fields makes it less mind numbing.
    Last edited by Aexorcet; Nov 13, 2017 at 12:41 PM.

We're in an age where CF exists, there's no reason for anyone to subject themselves to grinding with this outdated traditional method of hoping some random trash mob drops that thing you want. Nemesis-NT may be the strongest 13*s at the moment when it comes to raw damage, but it's only marginally stronger than that Qliphad everyone just made this year. While I like Naberius more than Amduscia, the rates are absolutely abysmal and I feel no incentive to run it (as with pretty much all non-EQ content) after 8+ hours of grinding trying to get a Weila Board to only walk out with a Tact and Rod. I wouldn't even mind these 13*s not dropping like candy, being as strong as they are, but not even 10*s drop much, it feels like a waste of time.

I don't see who SEGA trying to appeal to with this. If you don't have Qliphad, you'd be better off just getting Polytan's Basilis weapons.
    Spoiler!

[Ship 02]
    ID: Shadowstarkirby
    Character: Dial
    Classes: Hr, Fi/Hu, Hu/Fi, Br/Hu, Bo/Hu, Ra/Hu, Gu/Hu, Te/Fi, Su/Fi, Fo/Te

ITT: we're so casual we need CF's for everything (including 14*'s) because having it drop (whether you want it or not) is no longer satisfying or worth the one hour a day you can play, complaining about gauge Req's and % fillage is now the only way to go. oh ya and Galel stones still build up pretty quick the more your playing

and fyi, 14*'s are area drops, JP's confirmed this already a long time ago

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstarkirby View Post
    I don't see who SEGA trying to appeal to with this. If you don't have Qliphad, you'd be better off just getting Polytan's Basilis weapons.
    Nem NT's are one of top of the line weapon series atm, so no, your not better off Basilis unless you have nothing else to use

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    ITT: we're so casual we need CF's for everything (including 14*'s) because having it drop (whether you want it or not) is no longer satisfying or worth the one hour a day you can play, complaining about gauge Req's and % fillage is now the only way to go. oh ya and Galel stones still build up pretty quick the more your playing
    Nah, not really. It's limited time content and not everybody is able to play all day long. Getting 1000 (or 250 and a LOT of ares stones/2%s) gale stones would already be a fairly unreasonable requirement, let alone getting 3 nemesis NT weapons on top of that.

Well to me it's actually the right way to go. Sega has gone the drop-only way until EP3 which was a horrible chore and frustrating just on its own, but also felt very good when you put all your heart into getting the weapon of your dreams.

On the other hand, CF made getting *13 fairly trivial, which was good for allowing everybody to get the desired weapon, but also was accompanied by such abysmal normal drop rates that EQs or content outside of files feel completely pointless. You also lose the pleasure of the surprise shiny on your lap when it does happen since it only means less file to grind.

SEGA is finally going the middle ground. Strong file-based weapons to allow everybody to gear, while gating marginal upgrades to said files weapons to drop-only. Depending on your free time/the content you enjoy, you can either go the easy way or be full greedy and attempt to get your shiny through the roulette of fate.
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Nov 13, 2017 at 04:34 PM.

and fyi, 14*'s are area drops, JP's confirmed this already a long time ago

Nem NT's are one of top of the line weapon series atm, so no, your not better off Basilis unless you have nothing else to use
    drop-only rares with abysmal rates are trash when you cannot trade.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    drop-only rares with abysmal rates are trash when you cannot trade.
    ya the rates are horrendous this time around (much like when Are's first released) but still, people are expecting these to be handed out so easy especially 14*'s but you just need 3 NT's and the base OT Nem and your good to go. You've been around for years, i would assume you have those UQ mats sitting around still to make this easy and not only that, i saw you havent had good luck with Nem drops recently either

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Well to me it's actually the right way to go. Sega has gone the drop-only way until EP3 which was a horrible chore and frustrating just on its own, but also felt very good when you put all your heart into getting the weapon of your dreams.

On the other hand, CF made getting *13 fairly trivial, which was good for allowing everybody to get the desired weapon, but also was accompanied by such abysmal normal drop rates that EQs or content outside of files feel completely pointless. You also lose the pleasure of the surprise shiny on your lap when it does happen since it only means less file to grind.

SEGA is finally going the middle ground. Strong file-based weapons to allow everybody to gear, while gating marginal upgrades to said files weapons to drop-only. Depending on your free time/the content you enjoy, you can either go the easy way or be full greedy and attempt to get your shiny through the roulette of fate.
    agreed with this

Quote Originally Posted by Saagonsa View Post
    Nah, not really. It's limited time content and not everybody is able to play all day long. Getting 1000 (or 250 and a LOT of ares stones/2%s) gale stones would already be a fairly unreasonable requirement, let alone getting 3 nemesis NT weapons on top of that.
    you would think people still had their UQ stones from this stuff released, the only people i see struggling are the ones who started somewhat recently and lack said stones or 2016 badges for stones
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Nov 13, 2017 at 06:51 PM.

you would think people still had their UQ stones from this stuff released, the only people i see struggling are the ones who started somewhat recently and lack said stones or 2016 badges for stones
    You see I could accept that if Austere didn't require these stones. That's where I assume most people who grinded out ult nab previously put their old stones.

Or at least, that's what I did way back when.