Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    They could make scrolling independent from actual weapon. Or, even better, they could make weapon switching not lag. Like, from the start. But asking SEGA to have basic competence is just too much...
    It lags because weapon switches are server-side, no?
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Or, even better, they could make weapon switching not lag.
    Are you playing from outside of japan? Because that's really not something they can do anything about.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    It lags because weapon switches are server-side, no?
    No shit, Sherlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Are you playing from outside of japan? Because that's really not something they can do anything about.
    It's their game. They programmed it. A lot of things in the game are client-side, like movement, attacking, dodging, literally everything related to PP... Why are those client-side and weapon switching isn't? There's no logical consistency. In PSO1 tons of things were client-side, including weapon switching. It's not like it's done to prevent hacking or anything, infinite PP is a much more serious exploit. Hackers can do literally anything by faking packets, including spawning infinite mobs and dealing max damage (you know, things that are supposed to be server-side).

Of course, they may not be able to fix it now, after many years of burying it under lots of other code. What I'm saying is that it's illogical that it's the way it is now, and there was no reason to make it this way.

What I'm saying is that it's illogical that it's the way it is now, and there was no reason to make it this way.
    There's also no reason to fix it though. It doesn't impact japanese players was my point. I've seen videos of japanese players switching from daggers to knuckles in mid air and immediately attacking before they even started falling. It's not a priority.

EDIT: Basically, I don't see the point in complaining about a problem that only really exists for foreign players in a game from a country where no one cares about global networking for local products.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Nov 16, 2017 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    There's also no reason to fix it though. It doesn't impact japanese players was my point. I've seen videos of japanese players switching from daggers to knuckles in mid air and immediately attacking before they even started falling. It's not a priority.

EDIT: Basically, I don't see the point in complaining about a problem that only really exists for foreign players in a game from a country where no one cares about global networking for local products.
    triggered, gonna petition Sega to fix this or they wont get my business!!

No shit, Sherlock.

It's their game. They programmed it. A lot of things in the game are client-side, like movement, attacking, dodging, literally everything related to PP... Why are those client-side and weapon switching isn't? There's no logical consistency. In PSO1 tons of things were client-side, including weapon switching. It's not like it's done to prevent hacking or anything, infinite PP is a much more serious exploit. Hackers can do literally anything by faking packets, including spawning infinite mobs and dealing max damage (you know, things that are supposed to be server-side).

Of course, they may not be able to fix it now, after many years of burying it under lots of other code. What I'm saying is that it's illogical that it's the way it is now, and there was no reason to make it this way.
    I am no expert but since weapons change your stats(not just base but pp regen and such from pots), they would need to start storing your all your equiped gear(all 6 weapons) info locally in your PC. The thing is, that if they start storing too much stuff in your PC, it may end up laging more in general due all the extra info that must be downloaded.

I simply pointed out that Hr was broken and that maps lacked a little few twists here and there...
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

for the dpad swaps.. set numpad commands somewhere on your pad via xpadder (or j2k if thats no longer blocked)

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Falco View Post
    for the dpad swaps.. set numpad commands somewhere on your pad via xpadder (or j2k if thats no longer blocked)
    Joy to Key works again, it has for a while. I can't stand playing on a gamepad without some sort of way to use keyboard functions.