Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Overall best unit sets so far?

What unit sets are preferred for each stat related to them? (Striking, ranged, tech)

Or any set that gives a hybrid stat allocation to all.

(Please let me know if i'm posting this in the wrong forum category)

The only thing I know is that Izane is the best defensive set.

I use kaiser / theta and have no plans to change, except for the theta leg.

Shine Red Rear with Qilphad Arm and Leg I think are the best for attack stats.

best all around stats union/evleda
    best def izane
    best offense shine red qliph qliph

best i dont care about rings aus aus insert 12* leg here (technically best stats overall still but only get 1 ring on unit and 1 equipped)
    Last edited by Flaoc; Nov 14, 2017 at 01:50 AM.

I still say Austere + 12 leg if you can give up rings. Nothing in the 12 unit set comes close PP wise except Qliphad, but that costs you HP. 12* units are pretty fairly balanced against themselves. Some are starting to fall behind like Mother units which I think are completely outclassed statwise by a few alternatives.

Izane is promoted a lot but I feel like it's overrated if I'm honest. HP affixes tend to give you a little more than PP ones and 450 HP by itself is overkill. It's good but I'd say it's niche.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Falco View Post
    best all around stats union/evleda
    best def izane
    best offense shine red qliph qliph

best i dont care about rings aus aus insert 12* leg here (technically best stats overall still but only get 1 ring on unit and 1 equipped)
    I would put Weila above union/evleda for best all around stats in the rear slot. Weila beats union/evleda in all stats except HP (unless you count elemental resistances).

For offense in the arm slot, Fogalis beats Qliphad in terms of pp and R-atk, but you give up all else.

Otherwise, I agree.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

I like the idea of Welia Board/Izane Arm/Clifford the big red leg myself. lots of atk, lots of def.

as for ring slotting, I gotta slot Air Reversal on any set of units I plan on using, I practically cannot live without it anymore. Step JA is pretty essential for Hunter, Fighter, Bouncer, Techer, and even Braver; since it frees up a few precious skill points for their already thinly stretched tree. Force and Techer oughta slot Tech Charge Parry so they can leave themselves some options on what to equip to their left ring slot; like if I am going into a quest that is 90% enemies weak to light, I kind of don't want to use my Wand Element Change ring! Force has a few different utility rings they can go for as well, I'll mention those later but Rod Shoot AMode can be useful in some situations, but since those situations are few and far between, I just keep it as a equippable option. I slot TMG Stance Bonus on gunner, but I equip Front S. Roll so I can sometimes turn it off, because I feel like it occasionally eats inputs that my brain intended to be as a side-roll. most of the ranger rings I can think of might be better off as stuff you can just swap out for on the fly, MAYBE slow dive roll if you are really having trouble avoiding damage. on Hunter, all three of the JG PA rings are very powerful; so it might be for the best to slot Hunter Gear Save if you think you need it. Hunter Gear Save is nice, but you kinda can live without it I suppose. Fighter is the original home of hot-swapping rings, not much I would really recommend to slot after air reversal and step JA. Braver doesn't really need to slot anything specific either; just hot-swap between kombat count up and bullet bow homing. Same goes for bouncer; DB Snatch and JB TAJA Short Charge are both good, but no need to slot either of them. Summoner and Hero both only really can get use out of Air Reversal, maybe Tech Charge Parry; Step JA is a strange case for Hero, since it only serves to let you Step Just Reload, but that's kind of a powerful thing to be able to do if you just use the instant +20pp you get from starting a just reload.

Generic Utility Rings:
    Just Reversal Blast is interesting since hitting stuff with it recovers some PP too, but I don't consider this important enough to slot
    Party of Toughness sounds fantastic even if you are only playing with one other person, but I wouldn't slot it if you like to go partyless often
    I forget I have Step Jump even slotted on some of my sets most of the time, and I think some of it's usefulness has been diminished recently; though I could see it being very useful for launcher users dive-roll canceling out of Cosmos Breaker

sorry, kinda veered off on the topic of rings there a bit.

tldr: if you feel you can get away with Austere+12leg and only have air reversal or step JA slotted, more power to ya, but I think there are decent enough options these days that the utility could outweigh the raw stats from austere.
    before anybody says "but air reversal is a crutch, just don't get hit" I will ask if you know of the concept of "taking damage to save time", or in this case, "taking damage to save DPS". Granted, for Hero this concept isn't too good if you are risking your hero boost in the process

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    if you feel you can get away with Austere+12leg and only have air reversal or step JA slotted, more power to ya, but I think there are decent enough options these days that the utility could outweigh the raw stats from austere.
    before anybody says "but air reversal is a crutch, just don't get hit" I will ask if you know of the concept of "taking damage to save time", or in this case, "taking damage to save DPS". Granted, for Hero this concept isn't too good if you are risking your hero boost in the process
    Well there other ways to maintain DPS besides being knocked back and using air reversal. People aren't wrong to use it if it helps them, but it's just one option of many. I mainly play Force so Tech Parry is how I keep up DPS through attacks. The only other ring I use is Short Mirage which is what I actually have slotted on my leg unit because playing Force without it now feels horrible.

A crafted Double set have a better HP/PP pool than Austere, at expenses of lower defenses(due to craft) and 60 atk loss. Is a very good alternative considering how cheap it is.