Default What are the meta skills/PA's for HU/GU/TE/etc?

Again, i'm someone who played very casually but i realized i wanted to amp up my pace.

I've been looking into skills/PA's lately, but i find it difficult to pin point what ones to use. Like, hunter skills come in plenty, but i'm not sure which ones are more handy when it comes to bosses and crowds of enemies. (other than the default first skill)

If someone could recommend me or even direct to a guide on skills/PA for the following classes, i'd appreciate it.

Hunter (Specifically swords, unless partisans are better etc)
    Gunner (Machine guns of course)
    Braver (specifically katana's)
    Techer (Wands, but i feel like i use normal attacks with TE/HU + wand lovers has the better DPS than skills.)

I'm also looking at those skills that tend to be used to get around maps faster too. (those that aren't necessarily used for DPS but used to move around faster, to sum it up) (I mean PA's too)
    Last edited by Salavtore; Nov 21, 2017 at 08:46 PM.

I don't main these classes, but:

Hunter:
    sub Fi
    Hu skills: Fury Stance, Fury Up 1/2, JA Bonus 1/2, Fury Combo Up, Massive Hunter, Automate Halfline, Charge Parrying (you can take just 1 point if you want), Sword Gear, Hunter Gear Boost, All Guard.

I also take guard PP gain and Heal Guard.

All the Fury skills up your attack. Charge Parry, Massive Hunter, and Halfline let you keep up DPS through enemy attacks.

Movement PA is Guilty Break. You need to have gear to get the full value from it.

Gu:
    sub Hu
    Gu skills: Zero Range Advanced 1/2, Zero Range Critical, TMG Mastery, TMG Gear, Perfect Keeper, Attack PP Restorate, TMG Arts S Charge, Chain Trigger, Chain Finish, Twice Chain, Hightime, One More Time, Showtime (minimum to get One More Time is OK), Showtime Star (minimum to get One More Time is OK)

You basically stay close so ZRA is active all the time and avoid damage to keep Perfect Keeper and Showtime Up for an additional 1.44x damage. TMG Mastery makes criticals matter so upping crit rate is good for this class (look into Hunter Fury Critical if you can afford the points on the sub tree)

For movement PA I use Dead Approach. It's nowhere near as good as Guilty Break. It's good for activating Chain though. Better Gu's will probably give better advice here.

I don't really Katana Br or Wand Te, but I made trees for them anyway (along with Hu and Gu) here:

http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...000dBIb0000008

Ignore my Br/Te trees if anyone else says anything about those classes.

EDIT

After writing all that, I realize that you probably meant PA's instead of skills (?) If so:

Hu basic combo is Raising Edge into Twister Fall. Raising Edge is chargeable, so you want to have gear to use it. You'll slash up into the air and then come back down with Twister Fall. The reason to combo these two outside of their natural synergy is that they will activate Fi sub's TAJA.

For mobbing I use Guilty Break + Nova Strike or Over End + Nova Strike. Nova Strike is a chargeable 360 degree slash. Over End if Hu's default PA. Very slow, but it has good reach and the final slash provides huge damage. You can activate early such that only the final downward slash hits to maximize DPS.

My main Gu combo is Sat Aim into Infinity Fire Zero. Sat Aim is fast and low PP cost with good damage. The range is very short and the hit box can be clunky though. Use IF Fire afterward to activate TMG S Charge to skip the charge on IF0. IF0's kick also stuns enemies.

Dead Approach can be used to activate chains more precisely than Sat Aim. I also use it in combination with Aerial Shooting to increase altitude. Like IF0, AS is chargeable, so you need to use a PA prior to it to skip the charge and make it truly useful.
    Last edited by Aexorcet; Nov 21, 2017 at 02:47 PM.

This will help me a lot, thankyou very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Salavtore View Post
    This will help me a lot, thankyou very much.
    No problem. I also edited in some more info. I wasn't sure if you were asking for PA advice too.

I was aiming for both, but i forget they're called "PA's or techs" in this game too.
    xD

Quote Originally Posted by Aexorcet View Post

Gu:
    sub Hu
    Gu skills: Zero Range Advanced 1/2, Zero Range Critical, TMG Mastery, TMG Gear, Perfect Keeper, Attack PP Restorate, TMG Arts S Charge, Chain Trigger, Chain Finish, Twice Chain, Hightime, One More Time, Showtime (minimum to get One More Time is OK), Showtime Star (minimum to get One More Time is OK)

You basically stay close so ZRA is active all the time and avoid damage to keep Perfect Keeper and Showtime Up for an additional 1.44x damage. TMG Mastery makes criticals matter so upping crit rate is good for this class (look into Hunter Fury Critical if you can afford the points on the sub tree)

For movement PA I use Dead Approach. It's nowhere near as good as Guilty Break. It's good for activating Chain though. Better Gu's will probably give better advice here.
    I'm not the very best Gunner out there, but it is currently my main and I think I'm at least pretty decent at it.

Gunner has two aerial gap-closers; Dead Approach is the first; it's very fast (but doesn't travel far), has Guard Point, and hits really hard (especially if you are subbing Hunter, as Fury Stance lends a significant boost to your striking damage). The other is Grim Barrage; it's not quite as fast (but travels almost three times as as far as Dead Approach), doesn't hit as hard, and gains height. Both are useful. Most of your bossing combos will probably start with Dead Approach. The textbook Chain Finish is Dead Approach -> Infinity Fire Type-0 -> Satellite Aim x 2, and those three PA's are your bread and butter against bosses.

Note that Grim Barrage has two options for JA timing - you can take the early exit if you need to follow-up quickly, but you won't get the height gain if you do and you'll give up about half the PA's damage.

For mobbing, I am fond of Dead Approach -> Heel Stab and Reverse Tap -> Heel Stab (both using TMG S-charge to get the charged version instantly) as well as the ever-popular Reverse Tap -> Shift Period. For tall enemies like in Shironia and Kuron, use Dead Approach -> Aerial Shooting (again, leveraging TMG Arts S-Charge to get the charged version instantly) to gain height, and then Bullet Squall Type-0 to kill. It may take more than one Aerial Shooting to get high enough. Grim Barrage is also a height gainer (though not nearly as much as charged Aerial Shooting) and useful here.

Elder Rebellion does OK damage and is useful for those situations where it just isn't practical to get close, or in an MPA when things are dying so fast you need ranged attacks to get any hits in. It can also be useful for difficult weak points or squeezing in a Chain Finish when you would otherwise lose the chain because the boss decided to run away at an inopportune moment (looking at you, Gal Gryphon!). That said, Gunner is a melee class, so in most cases you should be right up in the enemy's face and hitting with something a little more forceful.
    Ship 2:
    Katarin: GUmarl. Lethal precision with a whimsical streak
    "Save the day and look good doing it. That's what this job is all about!"

Alessandra: FInewearl. A hyperkinetic, photon-fueled mayhem machine.
    "Oho! I actually felt that! You must be pretty strong!."