Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    Thinking about it now, SU buffs will put TE/SU with R/Attack Advance over TE/BR in the damage multiplier department except when using a Normal on a weak point with Weak Stance on, but TE/SU has better techs to counter that.
    TE/SU only beats TE/BR in weak stance wand mobbing, and it has been the weak point of TE/BR for a good while. TE/SU definitely has worse tech nuking (1.59 + ATK vs 1.63 for Braver sounds good on paper but point assist is unreliable for tech bossing in many scenarios and you effectively lose damage every time you rely on support fire. Additionally, point assist can't really be used in any mobbing scenario, be it techs or wand whacks, sooo drop that down to 1.38 quite a few times).

TE/BR these days only fit the raid boss niche since you absolutely need weak point wand whacking to edge out the other combos. and for mobbing + bossing scenarios like UQ, I'd much prefer working TE/FI since it has better mults overall compared to TE/SU. However, I do agree TE/SU will be really looking good just because the sheer utility it gives will finally be backed out by decent mults.

EDIT : Am I the only one that agrees with what Kondibon said ? Well I do think Air reversal, while being a very useful ring overall, is also somewhat overrated : big attacks that knock you away high up and give you enough time to react and then make use of air reversal are few and far between. Most attacks will send you fly for a little bit in which case you'll either recover while already near the ground, or use the normal just reversal. Additionally, some content in the game will make Air Reversal completely useless (most mobbing fests like yamato or BQ don't exactly knock you away that often ).

So yeah nice utility but I don't think that utility is enough in itself to make a *12 set compulsory, The ring that matters for *12 unit setups are the rings you can't do away with at any given time (best example is GU with TMG up, Front S-Roll and High Time keep, or at least the re-worked version of it)
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Dec 3, 2017 at 05:57 AM.

If I had a meseta every time one of those dumb minotaurs in BQ came out of nowhere and flipped me into the air,i'd be rich enough to buy a good portion of ship02s elegant powers.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    EDIT : Am I the only one that agrees with what Kondibon said ? Well I do think Air reversal, while being a very useful ring overall, is also somewhat overrated : big attacks that knock you away high up and give you enough time to react and then make use of air reversal are few and far between. Most attacks will send you fly for a little bit in which case you'll either recover while already near the ground, or use the normal just reversal. Additionally, some content in the game will make Air Reversal completely useless (most mobbing fests like yamato or BQ don't exactly knock you away that often ).
    Well about this part. It seems you didn't practice mid-air combat at all. Most PA's and combos exec faster mid-air you know?
    And when you half-jump mid-air a single little scratch from a mob will let you exec Air Reversal immediately.
    For a classes like BR with his J Reversal Cover it means continious healing and BO with J Reversal PP Gain - continious PP regen.

PS: I wish for a J Reversal Cover or J Reversal PP Gain Ring.
    Last edited by Zulastar; Dec 3, 2017 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulastar View Post
    Well about this part. It seems you didn't practice mid-air combat at all. Most PA's and combos exec faster mid-air you know?
    And when you half-jump mid-air a single little scratch from a mob will let you exec Air Reversal immediately.
    For a classes like BR with his J Reversal Cover it means continious healing and BO with J Reversal PP Gain - continious PP regen.

PS: I wish for a J Reversal Cover or J Reversal PP Gain Ring.
    Those ring do exist already xD

Also I play lots of GU so I'm used to air combat... Unless game gives us mobs that can live through Massive Hunter or have enough vertical reach to challenge airborne fight, or gain an ability to go through the armor most PAs have, I don't see how you can get knocked up enough to have a constant use of air reversal, but that's just me. Again not saying you shouldn't use air reversal, just that I don't consider that much of a life-changer, even after trying it
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Dec 3, 2017 at 09:28 AM.

Those ring do exist already xD
    I meant I wish they were L not R...

I don't see how you can get knocked up enough to have a constant use of air reversal, but that's just me.
    Every single scratch, esecially with a projectle will drop you to the ground. Press JUMP just in the moment when you got hit.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    only one person mentioned short mirage. that's a min of 2 rings already. making mistakes against almost any boss, particularly in liliq UQ upcoming without air reversal spell certain death, so not having at least 3L for fo would be :gun:
    Isn't that a little exaggerated? I can't really recall this being the case anywhere. I've even solo'd Lillipa UQ. On occasion you'll be caught in a combo and die, but it's not a certainty. 2 rings is enough for Fo I feel. I could get by with 1, but there is no point to that.

I also tend to keep it at 2 rings, at least when playing melee. Sidestep Jump ring is the most important for me in general, and then a more class focused ring depending on what I am playing. Only for fighter and hunter I feel I would need more slots because of their weapon based rings, but with hunter I dont see myself guarding as much because of Charge parry, and because outside of recent content, most stuff can be tanked during a super armor PA anyway

i can only speak for the case of fo with t-parry, short mirage and air reversal rings
    been running boosted nab ult as fo/fi with those 3 and omg is it awesome and miles better than austere
    i used to be of the austere camp and i think for the talis heavy players the benefits are less noticeable since you're not in melee, but for rod its amazing
    it was actually milranduil who defended short mirage ring waay back when in some now forgotten thread, but i didnt listen then, now i know better, thanks!

getting knocked up and quickly recovering mid-air to then having a choice between: panic healing and still having air to glide away, mashing short mirage, throwing out normals for pp and ja, or starting another tech charge is the exact flexibility a caster in melee needs imo

or like say a small elephant charges at me and i dont have pp to nabarta0 or tech parry, so i lock-on and jump and short mirage through his charge which quickly puts me right at his back, proccing wise stance, i do a normal to get pp and make ja then jump and 160k barta to the back of his dome

at least for me the rod pp recovery along with crazy affixes like arks fever and timed ability hp bonuses more than make up for the loss of stats

id really like to see sega release a more definitive ring for fo to put an end to 11's something like: talis weakness convert that gives full 1.3 convert multiplier to all techs that match enemy weakness so we can just run 1 talis as long as we match tech color to enemy

yes, short mirage is great but some people (not saying anyone here) still haven't moved past "hurr hurr just do a short jump and you have short mirage"
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    yes, short mirage is great but some people (not saying anyone here) still haven't moved past "hurr hurr just do a short jump and you have short mirage"
    but its true, do a short jump then bam, surely you know how to play your class properly and efficiently right?

also Aerial Reversal is a great ring, pretty much a must have at this point unless you like wasting time hitting the floor
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Dec 3, 2017 at 05:14 PM.