Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

What I'd love to know is:

Why, despite ep 4 being seriously bad (so bad I was... actually kinda enjoying how funny it was), did they go from having a nice clean ending in chapter 7, to deciding OH HEY! Lets have a phantom embodiment of the Christian God of Creation!

It went from being so bad it was entertaining to... absolutely dreadful. Honestly, I could have done with Chapter 8 being the epilogue where we see everything resolved and how it turned out. Why go the extra distance in to 'really?' territory?

Their decision to have freelancer artists contribute to the designs reminds me of Xenoblade Chronicles 2's similar issue.

The freelancer artists in XC2 weren't given any direction on anything specific so the result is that the majority of Pokemon Blades were overdesigned, over-endowed, half-naked girls that you'd normally see in a free/cheap mobile game.

well we now know why the phantom designs were sloth and meh . now i want to know why the story was bad in most aspects : story, characters and 1/4 of that ep music was annoying , i forgot the name of the music in the LQ chaotic pranksters but i remember after 4 or 5 rounds i didn't wanted to play that mission anymore .

only good points in the history : the idea of the ether and phantoms ( but poorly executed unfortunately)

i will wait patiently for the rest of the interview

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    well we now know why the phantom designs were sloth and meh . now i want to know why the story was bad in most aspects : story, characters and 1/4 of that ep music was annoying , i forgot the name of the music in the LQ chaotic pranksters but i remember after 4 or 5 rounds i didn't wanted to play that mission anymore .

only good points in the history : the idea of the ether and phantoms ( but poorly executed unfortunately)

i will wait patiently for the rest of the interview
    I'm working on it, but Google Translate isn't cooperating and a Japanese friend I asked to help has other things going on, so she can only translate when she has extra down time. I'll try to ask her to do it so I can finish the first page faster.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Altiea, would you be willing to take a close-up shot of the glyph and the text box with it's text? The one next to Ardem's magic flasks.
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymek View Post
    Altiea, would you be willing to take a close-up shot of the glyph and the text box with it's text? The one next to Ardem's magic flasks.
    You got it. Give me a few minutes.
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Done.

Spoiler!

The rest of page 1 (translated by a close friend of mine):

For layering wear splits, how was each design decided?

Iida: With regards to the division of layering wear, we placed a great deal of importance on Mr. Kimura's judgment. Our designers would create the designs, but he had the final say when it came to what would be delivered to users.

KMR: "Here, make this part blend well with the outer. This part over here would be better as an accessory." There are aspects like that that cannot only be judged by designers, so I made requests while thinking about the demands of users.

How did you conduct checks on layering wear?

KMR: This is paired with the previous process, but there's a checklist from the debug team. For example, check whether or not the design fails when applied to some pre-determined models. Breaking down if applied to a model with all parameters set to max is allowed. The amount of players who do that is small, and if we fix modeling to work with that it generally looks so bad that you want to avert your eyes anyway. We already have rules, so we logically judge according to them.

As for the nesting and failures of models, it seems like you would have timings that would be relaxed several times.

KMR: Although we do gradually relax some constraints, for ideas that are recruited in design contests, since the ideas are very important, we allocate a larger possible time range for realization.

From the perspective of the artwork team, is such a failure something they worry about?

Mizuno: I have not recently directly supervised the costume modelling process, but the first time I had to watch my mouth. In my personal opinion, I'm rather loose about it. Even if I play other games, I don't really pay that much attention even if some polygons are showing or broken.

Sakai: If you care too much about that sort of thing, then this time the overall silhouettes all become similar, which isn't good.

KMR: For those who dress up characters to show in public, we instruct them to tell us as soon as there is an issue in the character creation gallery. Especially if the issue involves collaboration items.

Page 2 coming soon!

For anyone who cares, they finally released the settings book digitally on Bookwalker with no regional restrictions (previous ones did). The version on Kindle still remains locked (shows as not available if you're outside of Japan).

https://bookwalker.jp/dee4939099-7c3...-b484dd8e0bdd/

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    Done.

Spoiler!
    Thank you.
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.