Default worth buying an online adapter for gamecube??

just curious if there is still a decent online community for the GC i have been playing on private servers for PSO BB a while now on and off but i recently repurchased a gamecube and have been playing offline. is it worth the money to buy a modem adapter($90) to play online or should i just stick with BB for that. id like to play GC online i think it is the best version and i love that you can transfer a charecter to multiple servers and if a server goes down you dont loose you charecter. but i dont want to spend that much money if no one is playing i hardly ever see GC players on SCHTSERV and idk where else too look that leet one has like 2 people online...any advice is greatly appreciated.

Can't say what is the situation this year, but last year it was more like that:
    - SCHTSERV (already a sunken ship)
    - L337 PSO (never seen more then 1 or 2 players any given time...mostly deserted)
    - Sylverant (same as above)
    - Izakaya (in Spring there was still a constant player base, but during Summer it was deserted...that's when i realized its time to retire)

Conclusion: Not worth the 90$!

Rapid99
    Last edited by Rapid99; Dec 10, 2017 at 06:27 AM.
    |  |
    |  |∧_∧
    |_|´・ω・`) そ~~・・・
    |塩|o旦 o
    | ̄|―u'
    """"""""""

I have to disagree. When I was playing online, there was around 3-4 other GC players on at peak times. Plus someone had set up a discord server to make it easier to make arrangements to team up.

At last count before I was forced to leave discord channel (due to technical issues) there were around 50 people on the channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyleo View Post
    I have to disagree. When I was playing online, there was around 3-4 other GC players on at peak times. Plus someone had set up a discord server to make it easier to make arrangements to team up.
    For a slim chance to bump into 3-4 people on weekends(not to mention the time-zone difference) it is not worth to spend 90$.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyleo View Post
    At last count before I was forced to leave discord channel (due to technical issues) there were around 50 people on the channel.
    That goes under, many people talk, none set up their cubes(wiis, dolphins)...been there, done that.

Rapid99
    |  |
    |  |∧_∧
    |_|´・ω・`) そ~~・・・
    |塩|o旦 o
    | ̄|―u'
    """"""""""

As one of the GC players on scht I can say it picks up on nights and is slowly picking up. At most during the week you'll see about 4 players max at a time and most tend to play only with their friends, but during the weekends there is at least 4-5 parties going with two being ultimate rooms. About 20 overall players right now GC from what I've seen.
    I would recommend you go and softmod your wii to play online if you want to do GC tbh unless you want to use the broadband adaptor for things besides pso(they exist). Blueburst also is an option if you really want a large group of people to play with.
    PSP2: Luneth Lv. 200, Vanguard 30

Quote Originally Posted by Luneth View Post
    As one of the GC players on scht I can say it picks up on nights and is slowly picking up. At most during the week you'll see about 4 players max at a time and most tend to play only with their friends, but during the weekends there is at least 4-5 parties going with two being ultimate rooms. About 20 overall players right now GC from what I've seen.
    I would recommend you go and softmod your wii to play online if you want to do GC tbh unless you want to use the broadband adaptor for things besides pso(they exist). Blueburst also is an option if you really want a large group of people to play with.
    thank you for the info i have played a lot of blue burst just tired of it and have always wanted to try the gamecube online since i was 10 and owned it around launch time never had the chance...but with hese responses i dont see me spending $90 for it just not worth it to mayb find one other person to play with.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Unless you have a lot of extra cash to blow for a short lived nostalgia throwback, I don't think it's worth spending that kind of money. I can see if you have an older CRT TV, a keyboard adapter, and a group of people who are willing to play etc, and you want to relive the nostalgic "feel" of what it used to be like... but I'm sure that feeling will fade really quick. Not to mention if you come across a bad apple who still tries to fsod/bsod people and you get corrupted by chance... yeah.

These days you're better off just sticking to PSOBB for far too many reasons.

Spoiler!
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!