Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thank you for stopping in. The script, I feel, is probably reaching an end, which is nice, because it feels as if the writing process has been dragging for a while, because it has. Typically, when I used to write a script for anything, I'd be able to bang it out pretty quickly, That didn't always lead to very good scripts, though, and I wanted this one to be, well, I wanted it to at least be OK.

As I wrote some time prior to this reply, this project is going to be an anthology. I'd really like to see it animated, but with a budget of nothing to go into it, well, you know what that means. I have, however, been able to cast a few people for different character voices over the last few months, and that is going to at least mean an audio book, of sorts.

So, maybe not what I was originally hoping for, but it's something.

Speaking of voicing, Zero DX, if you see this, your part in the story is complete, and I can send it to you for voicing, if you're at all interested in reprising your own character, again. It would be really nice if you were up for that, because anyone who ends up watching or listening to this would have the benefit of enjoying that some old character voices are returning for their roles... hopefully.

Now, what I was originally hoping for was for this to be a quest on some private servers. That idea was shot down immediately, because I wouldn't be coding the quest, myself. That's fine. I don't know how to do it, so I understand that someone else isn't going to want to have to take whatever ideas I have, and try to translate them into something virtual reality, right? It probably takes a load of time, and I agree, I wouldn't want to do it, either, even if I did know how. Also, this story ends up going to a few different places that PSO maps don't offer, so, new locations are a good thing, especially when kept to a minimum, as I've done here so far.

One issue with the anthology is that, there were a whole lot of personalities over the years on PSO, and I really wanted to give a number of them a chance to shine. The issue that comes into play which the current Avengers Infinity War suffers from, is that the cast is too big to give adequate screen time for character development to be granted to everyone. This script, I feel, is running long, already. When I read through it, I'm just reading through it at reading speed, not allowing for scene time to play out, and I'm thinking it's already probably hitting the two hour mark. As I wrote, it's getting close to completion, but it's not there yet, and in reality, I'm going to have to shave a number of things down, or off, altogether, in order to make something easily watchable, or listenable to the few people whom are going to be interested in seeing this.

Also, a problem with classic anthologies that we see in film is that, usually, there are a few older characters, and then a bunch of new ones that nobody knows or cares about, and the old character work the entire time to get people to give a crap about the new characters. That bothers me every time it happens. I'm taking the original Transformers Movie into mind here, where almost every character that was from before gets blown away, and we're left with a bunch of new characters we have no connection to to finish out the film. I used to think that this was a GREAT animate move. Now when I watch it, I think it's complete garbage. Maybe not Michael Bay level garbage, but still, garbage. I didn't want to go that route, at all. I don't know the newer players that are currently involved in the game. I don't even know if they exist or not. So, there you go.

As it is, I'm happy with the way the story is playing out. There are some very notable old characters in this that are getting a great amount of attention, and the good news is, they aren't all my own! So, not a completely one sided/selfish story going on here.

Another thing to note is the time line from Episode 3 plays into this. I was hoping to have this going on before a big event that occurred prior to episode 3, but, as it turns out, with the way I ended episode 13 eleven years ago, I have been forced to push the start of THIS adventure out a number of years more than I was originally expecting. I encountered this storyline issue quite a while ago, and believe I've made up for it/altered the original idea enough to make the time line fit. I'll hopefully be sending out some preview copies to a few people I'm utilizing characters from in the next few weeks. I'm saying that, because, though I feel like I'm only a few scenes away from the finish, and I've been writing on it a lot lately, well, life happens and LOVES to get in the way of anything interesting I'm attempting to do. I'm sure others can relate to this.

Anyway, again, I'd love to get this animated. I've looked at Reddit for any free animation forums. I haven't found any. With a script the size of this one, unless I do it, myself, it's not going to happen.

In other news, I believe I found an old e-mail address for Sharkyland last night or the night before. I sent a letter to it, and don't expect to receive anything back, since it's a thirteen year old e-mail that is PSO based. Then again, I was able to get in touch with Zophar doing the same thing, so, possibilities are there.
    Last edited by trypticon; May 28, 2018 at 01:13 AM.

Hey, if anybody has ADE on contact at more places that he visits than here, could you let him know that I sent him a question today? I looked at his profile, and it states that he hasn't logged on since mid-January. I'd like the question answered pretty quickly, if he has time for it.

Thank you!

Merp~
    <- This would be my avatar if someone learned to let people upload their own.

Retired PSO Gamecube Player.
    2nd NA HUcaseal to 200. 13th Lv.200 Player.
    Silver is exspensive. Chrome looks just as cool. ~Deadpool

Quote Originally Posted by S N K View Post
    Merp~
    Merp is about right, yes. SNK does appear in two scenes within the script, already. I can see SNK appearing in a third one near the end of the story, too.

I was planning on contacting you, eventually, for another reason, too. Brinstar was a place where a number of original level 200 players hung out, including you and I. I was very interested in learning if you had kept in any sort of contact with JenStar, whom reached level 200 extremely early in the game's life span by doing almost nothing other than... I'm thinking it was Max Attack 2, back when Max Attack 2 still mattered, and Rappies Singing By The Beach quest was still up, allowing players to marry one another in game. I was wondering if I would have to go find your old account, Bonuskun (I think). I didn't know if you really came around these boards, anymore. After Final fantasy 11 came out, I didn't see much of you.
    Last edited by trypticon; Jun 10, 2018 at 01:29 PM.

If anyone has contact info for the user Shimarisu, I would love to know a bit more about his Pouilli Slime deck for episode 3 that he posted a guide here on around 15 years ago. Alas, it seems he hasn't logged on here for fourteen years.

Oh hey old people!

I used to play under the user name Eggman2002, then, well, Hysteria. I had like 5000 characters, but mostly used a HUmar called Torak, a RAmar called Anetheron, and a FOnewearl called Tian.

In any case I do keep in regular contact with a few of the oldies, or at the very least have ways of contacting them - the only ones you've listed that I have are Kayak, Cranberry and Cypher, but send me a PM if you want to know details of anyone else, and I'll let you know who I have.
    Last edited by Hysteria1987; Jun 10, 2018 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria1987 View Post
    Oh hey old people!

I used to play under the user name Eggman2002, then, well, Hysteria. I had like 5000 characters, but mostly used a HUmar called Torak, a RAmar called Anetheron, and a FOnewearl called Tian.

In any case I do keep in regular contact with a few of the oldies, or at the very least have ways of contacting them - the only ones you've listed that I have are Kayak, Cranberry and Cypher, but send me a PM if you want to know details of anyone else, and I'll let you know who I have.
    I remember Tian, and Anetheron, and probably Torak, but I also wouldn't doubt that there was more than just you named Torak, through the years. I also remember Hysteria, the name, from something or other.

Thanks for offering on reaching out to some others. AT this point in the writing process, roles are pretty much filled, and I don't want to add a bunch of old characters for simple cameo purposes. I'll admit, there are already a small handful of that. The characters I've put in have sustained some amount of development, which is nice. I don't want to overplay it, and at this point, the script is running long, which probably means that breaking it up into an episodic thing would be a good idea, which kind of stinks. Oh well. I did try to get in touch with Cranberry a few times over the months, and received nothing from her, so I'm taking that to mean that she doesn't want to be involved, and that's actually something I grew familiar with from her years ago, so no hard feelings on that. Kayak's part ended up being smaller than I originally thought it would be. No communication was really necessary there unless he wants to speak some of the lines on his own. I have two of his characters, though, and differentiating them would be good, since they are both in the same scene together. I don't want it to seem like the same person is trying to talk over themselves, in other words. Originally, I had some plans for Cypher, too. After doing some research, though, those plans changed, which is too bad, because for the longest time, Cypher was ALWAYS around when I was online! I really ought to put the RAcaseal in there, somewhere. Casts are a rarity though, so, I don't know.

Thanks, though!.

All good yo.

Good luck!

I'm actually eager, not only to see the final result, but also to see the caracthers because part of PSO is creating that connection. Sure BERNIE and SUE are interesting, but the onces created from actual players should be interesting aswell

Hey, do any of you older players have a trove of duplicated S rank weapons from other players? If so, what are some of the names on them? I thought I would have a lot more than I ended up having, and I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out what happened to most of them that I did have, once upon a time. I'm looking for variety, here, too, so don't be shy about silly names that people put on them.