Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    I didn't watch the stream so this might have been talked about, but that's assuming they continue to give free passes. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they did once or twice, but I can't help but think they'll be phased out at some point after hearing this.
    There's a difference between the way free passes and payed passes work though. Mainly that free passes don't allow that leway time to use them, leave the makeover and come back on the same pass, even if you have premium.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    There's a difference between the way free passes and payed passes work though. Mainly that free passes don't allow that leway time to use them, leave the makeover and come back on the same pass, even if you have premium.
    True, but maybe, and this is most likely me just being incredibly cynical towards this game after by and large quitting [I say this but watch something drag me back in], but I wouldn't be surprised if Sega eventually did away with the passes entirely and made it only SG therefore potentially pushing people to spend money.

Of course, on the flip side part of me is actually happy about this change; it gives people another avenue to change things without spending money. Two sides and whatnot.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    I think the passes will still continue to work like normal, just that if you don't have any passes on you it'll hit you with the SG menu

anyway, lazy boss reskins is only really a complaint when they are trying to sell you a Dark Falz that is really just De Rol Le painted purple. this is basically just "ult loser", which just a new coat of paint seems perfectly acceptable to me.

that said; Daibo, Leon/Leone, Duvals also get a pass because there is no actual ult Vol Dragon, Banther/Banshee, and Mizer in their respective areas; since these -are- supposed to be their ult forms.

like, omega loser is kinda something I actually wanted to see? maybe it would have been something like "Dark Falz Loser Yuga" if it wasn't part of episode 5 here

tldr: I'd say you can't really call it a reskin in a PSU sense if this is literally the same boss, were you complaining about "super elder" and the buffed Profound Darkness when those were coming out too? or ult?
    I was thinking the exact same thing honestly. I consider this a throwback to "ultimate mode" reskins, the whole point was that it's supposed to be the exact same boss but stronger. People forget reskins have been a staple in RPG's since their inception. Turn a yellow bee enemy red and all of a sudden it's got a different name and capable of wiping your party. PSO1 lived off of this trope, we had like 12 base enemies tops and every other enemy in the game was just a remodel of them with mildly tweaked AI so they shot a tech or something instead. We all noticed, but no one really had any issue with it.

Plus it doesn't help too much that PSO2 is just running off of a modified PSU engine, so I have to say they're doing pretty good with a game that's technically 13 or more years old.
    PSO2 - Ian: Level 90/90 Human Bouncer/Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by ZER0 DX View Post
    People forget reskins have been a staple in RPG's since their inception.
    I have absolutely no problem with reskins when they're logical, but I personally hate this excuse, especially when the devs have shown multiple times that they're fully capable of using an existing rig in ways that make the enemy behave differently. I'm fine with Loser though, I care more about changes to his move-set than making him look different since it's literally just loser again anyway.

So no Omega Angel. Bummer.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

I have absolutely no problem with reskins when they're logical, but I personally hate this excuse, especially when the devs have shown multiple times that they're fully capable of using an existing rig in ways that make the enemy behave differently. I'm fine with Loser though, I care more about changes to his move-set than making him look different since it's literally just loser again anyway.
    Yet, I haven't seen a single person complain the fact they use the same models with very little texture changes in a lot of their basewears which is how the game stays afloat to begin with but when they do the same to mobs then it's them being lazy. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by otakun View Post
    Yet, I haven't seen a single person complain the fact they use the same models with very little texture changes in a lot of their basewears which is how the game stays afloat to begin with but when they do the same to mobs then it's them being lazy. Just sayin'.
    Maybe cause it's not as easy to notice? Also, there's kind of a difference between cosmetics and stuff that people actually fight in the game.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Do you mean innerwear? None of the base wears are the same model unless they're part of the same set... which is exactly my point about reskins being fine. Either way, the point of new outfits is new looks, that can be anything from simple texture changes, to entirely new outfits, whereas the point of new enemies is to provide new challenges and mechanics. You're comparing apples and oranges.

Do you mean innerwear? None of the base wears are the same model unless they're part of the same set... which is exactly my point about reskins being fine. Either way, the point of new outfits is new looks, that can be anything from simple texture changes, to entirely new outfits, whereas the point of new enemies is to provide new challenges and mechanics. You're comparing apples and oranges.
    Well, you're pretty much proving my point. It's ok for them to be lazy on one end but not in another. Content is content whether you think one is different or not.

Well, you're pretty much proving my point. It's ok for them to be lazy on one end but not in another. Content is content whether you think one is different or not.
    That's like saying that we should be complaining about fashion the same way we complain about "new" enemies. While there is complaining in both areas, it's for different reasons.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]