Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Omega Falz Loser

Around March or April I guess.
    test

Noone's upset that titles and matterboard rewards from EP1-3 will be unaccessible in 2 months? I mean, I understand that the Omnibus storytelling style is a lot better and "modern", but at least incorporate all rewards and titles to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Noone's upset that titles and matterboard rewards from EP1-3 will be unaccessible in 2 months? I mean, I understand that the Omnibus storytelling style is a lot better and "modern", but at least incorporate all rewards and titles to it!

Whelp, time to get busy!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    I am, also it's not better, it's more effective but less immersive, it lacks tons of chapter quests and choices related to them. Also s-rank exclusive friend partners.

Was it explained why this choice was made?

Quote Originally Posted by aiMute View Post
    I am, also it's not better, it's more effective but less immersive
    Ah... no.

Matterboard utterly failed at immersion because many npc encounters and conversations already seemed disconnected, pointless, and random (some of those conversations actually were pointless, and were taken out in omnibus). Having a half-dozen arbitrary 'go fetch' objectives between each of them made the problem even worse since it not only took you out of the immersion, but the story was delivered as if it was a 5min episode of dragon ball z delivered daily with no recaps of what happened in the previous episode. The connections, hinting, and somewhat subtle foreshadowing will likely be forgotten by the time they're relevant in the next clip, or worse yet, 5 or more clips from then (hell, you probably won't even remember the foreshadowing happened at all by the time it's relevant).

My favorite example of this was the player's first meeting with Sara in Ep1 where she warns the player to wait a moment before moving on while playing the pronoun game as if the person doing the destruction ahead was freaking Voldemort. For years, I thought that was Maria. I did omnibus the other week and realized she was keeping an eye on Claris Claes for two reasons:
    1- I did EP2
    2- The scene where you first meet Claris Claes in EP1 was immediately available for viewing in omnibus after running into Sara.

In short, as a person who 100% finished all ep1-3 matterboards, I'm telling you it sucked. It was tedious. It utterly failed as an immersive story telling device in every way I could think of. The ONLY things that told a story competently were the quests themselves. Everything else felt disconnected (I don't even think 'disconnected' is a strong enough word to describe that mess). To be fair, this was at its worst with EP1.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Jan 16, 2018 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aiMute View Post
    Also s-rank exclusive friend partners.
    Which ones? I'm pretty sure that you unlock all the friend partners you would in the Matterboard via the Omnibus.

Videos have been added to the first page

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    snip
    I've 100% cleared 1-3 too and I don't agree with you, meeting NPCs in lobby as well as Matoi black hole was fun. The only thing it needed was to remove item nodes from it. Though level scaled mobs in omnibus were nice too. Also slow isn't bad, I liked it that way and for fast and impatient sega made omnibus.
    Overall I wonder how new players view omnibus, do they feel like they were part of 1-3 events and the result was due to their hard work, or do they feel like watching TV where you play some episodes but otherwise feel disconnected from what happened there?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Which ones? I'm pretty sure that you unlock all the friend partners you would in the Matterboard via the Omnibus.
    Yea, was wrong, I expected it not to be the case as there was no choice during tournament quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    My favorite example of this was the player's first meeting with Sara in Ep1 where she warns the player to wait a moment before moving on while playing the pronoun game as if the person doing the destruction ahead was freaking Voldemort. For years, I thought that was Maria. I did omnibus the other week and realized she was keeping an eye on Claris Claes for two reasons:
    1- I did EP2
    2- The scene where you first meet Claris Claes in EP1 was immediately available for viewing in omnibus after running into Sara.
    Oh wow I thought I was the only one who thought it was Maria nuking stuff.
    test