Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Hmm I think I prefer the first animation where you use the step in. I could show you my setup for saber slashes, but they aren’t super good. My general setup is like:
    - 10 frames to move into starting position (see it like a spring compressing).
    - 5 frames of extra inertia movement
    - 10 frames for the first third of the slash
    - 5 frames for the last two third of the slash
    - 5 frames of inertia
    - 15 frames to move back

using these kinds of frames give a nice weight and acceleration to the attacks.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

That's a lot of frames

I'm keeping that first animation. The flow is, on one attack, you step forward once, slash once, and then step back. On multiple attacks, step forward once, do an infinite combo, then step back. So I just need to figure out a good second attack for the infinite combo and I'll be good.
    Is the important part of your data the percentage of time each part of the animation is up?

I think I'm going to replace the second half of the loop with a new pose. The most important part of an attack is the way your body is moving. And so long as only the arms are moving, it's not going to look good. The two animations are also too similar, so I need something different to show movement.
    That being said, I need to learn new things to get this pose done. I need Levia's front to face the camera, and do some perspective work. I'm struggling right now with the legs, hopefully I can get through it.

This is the reference image I've been using for proportions. I just figured I'd check to see if you think it's good, in case I can get something better.
    It includes a nude drawn female model, so I'm going to post the link and not the image. Don't click if you're at work or whatever.
    http://www.drawinghowtodraw.com/step...ons-female.jpg
    Last edited by Zorafim; Feb 19, 2018 at 02:06 PM.

So I'm trying a new pose, and, I just wanted to share my process. It's a bit crazier than I normally do, because I have nothing to really copy and paste what with this being the first head on shot and all.
    Looking at it like this, something seems wrong with the proportions. Maybe tweaking them after I'm done may help, but for now I just felt like sharing this.

Maybe some thoughts would be nice as well

Ah...shit. Did I get close? That splat of white on the crotch isn't anywhere as good looking as I thought it would be.

Yeah, I meant them in percentages. 3D animation works with frames per second so the speed depends on how many FPS your animation is. 3D animation works with key frames and it calculated everything in-between to make smooth movements.

Any attack goes with slow start up > fast movement to destination. You could do this by using 2 frames for the first halve of the sword animation and one frame for the final position. Then again one frame for a slight inertia, to make it feel like there is weight behind the movement.

But yeah, its important to remember the power of most attacks come from the core of the body and it usually starts with the legs. Arms are pretty weak compared to most other muscles in the body.

Didn't I tell you that?

Crosspost from my music thread. This is in the current build of the game. I added a little fadeout at the end to make it more listenable, but otherwise it's the same.

https://soundcloud.com/michael-h-mon...he-endless-sea

Uh...almost? Do I need more frames? Maybe I need to see this in-game...

I need a lesson in hair movement. Here's the combo here:

Spoiler!

So, the head's moving all over the place, and the hair is supposed to move with it. And I'm not exactly sure how to do that.

Is the hair supposed to follow where the head was like a line? Or be halfway between where it was, and where it will be?

I would maybe add one more frame between frame 2 and 3, to make the start up slightly slower to give this feeling of acceleration and weight.

For the hair, make it lag behind the head one or two frames. Hair is always an artistic part where you can be slightly unrealistic for the sake of art.