Default episode 1 oga flow gamecube??

so i have been playing through pso on gamecube by myself and i reached oga flow today in hard mode i am a level 41 fomar and i am getting 1 hit by his slash attack in final form. is there anything i can do aside from level to not get 1 hit i have 1 resist light on and i am surviving grants or whatever that big light attack is with 29 hp left.. should i use defense units or hp units for the slash? more resist light??? or just level a few more times and then come back i was trying to avoid having to do all the ruins again(i hate the ruins lol )

Quote Originally Posted by deathsway View Post
    so i have been playing through pso on gamecube by myself and i reached oga flow today in hard mode i am a level 41 fomar and i am getting 1 hit by his slash attack in final form. is there anything i can do aside from level to not get 1 hit i have 1 resist light on and i am surviving grants or whatever that big light attack is with 29 hp left.. should i use defense units or hp units for the slash? more resist light??? or just level a few more times and then come back i was trying to avoid having to do all the ruins again(i hate the ruins lol )
    Having more HP is better than having more defense, in general, so use /HP units over /Body units.

More light resist would probably help with that specific attack, so if that's the only real issue you have with the fight, then that's worth a shot too (just don't increase it at the expense of your HP or damage output). Pretty sure light resist helps with that attack anyway.....

And you may have to go back and grind some exp a bit before you try again, sometimes that's what ya gotta do in this game. Could always try to grind somewhere besides the Ruins if you hate them that much.

You definitely need more HP, grind more or equip some HP units.

Also
    Quote Originally Posted by SLON View Post
    During Olga Flow's second form, stay near his right foot. It knocks you down and (Olga) immediately follows with the Divine Punishment attack. Since you are knocked down, you will be invincible for a short period of time. In this case, it's long enough to avoid the attack entirely. Just remember to keep your HP full at all times.
    His attack pattern is always the same: walk, shockwave, Divine Punishment, walk, shockwave, Divine Punishment, walk, shockwave, jump, walk, shockwave, Divine Punishment. Rinse and repeat. Notice after the third shockwave attack that he doesn't follow with a Divine Punishment. Use this opportunity to get in some good damage.
    You can practice this in Normal mode or do the VH EP1 first and do the H EP2 later with higher HP and better weapons/techs.

Rapid99
    |  |
    |  |∧_∧
    |_|´・ω・`) そ~~・・・
    |塩|o旦 o
    | ̄|―u'
    """"""""""

i beat him i ended up grinding to 45 then i was able to with stand the attack with like 3 hp left and sorry i got confused i was talking about the final boss in ep1 olga flow is ep 2 final boss i was shooting to get to VH mode thanks for any help recieved though.

Oh, that attack

Yeah, Dark Falz phase 3's slash attack always does a set amount of damage, so in order to survive that the only thing to do is to boost your HP, so keep that in mind when you fight it in the future: Numbers are (online/offline):
    H: 310/250
    VH: 450/390
    ULT: 812/696