Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wahahaha View Post
    Perfect reason to drop Vita development and stream the game instead.
    Oh, that's what you mean. I mean, I suppose that'd work in Japan, but I happen to like my copy...
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    Treatment how? For the existing Vita version?
    Vita version on it's current stage is possibly the worst version to play with due to strict hardware limitation.
    If they somehow ported the cloud version to vita, they could give japanese vita players better treatment by saving them few gigs of storage and time since they don't have to redownload entire game every few months.
    This way, they could eliminate vita blocks and made them play on the cloud blocks instead.
    Could save them some dev time and money in the process due to more streamlined development process and less headache when certain company fucked up and prevent them publishing the game update for that platform, too.
    Last edited by wefwq; Feb 20, 2018 at 04:49 AM.

Streaming has 2 problems.

The first is that the hardware that runs the game has to exist somewhere. And since it's hardware that has to actively render the game, it has significantly higher cost per player/instance than a typical server.

The second is that it adds another system that requires stability for uninterruptible gameplay experience. The usual player just needs to be sure that their own PC, the connection, and the servers are up. Streaming adds a fourth cog in the machine. If the hardware that renders the game stops working for whatever reason, the player gets disconnected. And not only that, but Sega will have to ensure that during the very rare cases that something bad happens with that hardware, the rest of the players do not get affected the absolute slightest.

I'm not saying that Sega is incompetent or that they can't pull it off, but I am just sceptical mainly because of the extra cost associated with streaming.

MAZAAAA Boost Campaign!

Enemy HP x2, Enemy ATK x2!
    RDR/EXP +150%!
    Deus/Yamato Drops added to loot table!
    JP-NT series added to loot table!
    Special camos (*Coat Doublis) added to loot table!
    Val Series added to loot table!
    Campaign Week 1: Slave-NT added to loot table!
    Campaign Week 2: Nemesis-NT added to loot table!
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by wefwq View Post
    Vita version on it's current stage is possibly the worst version to play with due to strict hardware limitation.
    If they somehow ported the cloud version to vita, they could give japanese vita players better treatment by saving them few gigs of storage and time since they don't have to redownload entire game every few months.
    This way, they could eliminate vita blocks and made them play on the cloud blocks instead.
    Could save them some dev time and money in the process due to more streamlined development process and less headache when certain company fucked up and prevent them publishing the game update for that platform, too.
    Hopefully, the Vita's replacement will have game cards with bigger capacity and will use Micro SD cards as a storage solution.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

oh well, I was wrong

OH SHIT

NEW XQ DROPS INVADE-NT

AUSTERE-NT 14* SERIES IS COMING

EDIT: Ahem, now that I've contained my hype...

It appears as though there will actually be two new XQs: Earth & Phantoms, which is a normal 4-player XQ (with enemy HP scaling appropriately if you have less players), and Solo XQ 3. Earth & Phantoms will drop Invade-NT, which supports SSAs, and Solo XQ 3 allows you to acquire tickets that, if you can save up enough of them, allows you to buy 14* weapons.
    Last edited by Altiea; Feb 20, 2018 at 07:52 AM.

14* later for 2330 JST quest?? really ??

why the increase.. is 15* coming out soon ??