Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Atra DB is another good exception just due to it's S4 ability. They're definitely worth the upgrade if the Atra either does something that offers a really good QoL adjustment to the class (and I'd say not needing a rainbow set of 14* DB's is a pretty nice one) or severely outclasses anything else like the Rod.
    PSO2 - Ian: Level 90/90 Human Bouncer/Hunter

katana s4 quite literally is build-a-kazami

Never losing perfect keeper because of lifesteal S4 was enough for me to retire my qliphad tmgs in exhange for those dwarven looking Atra tmgs ♡_♡)7
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Don't forget, quite a lot of players do not care about stats or defeating hard content.

Well there are filithy casuals and you have the "soul" hardcore type players who pour hours into stuff

i

A lot of S4 are really good, be it QoL, utility, or synergizing with class
    Rod, Gunslash and DB have been mentioned, but there are a few other noteworthy S4

-Boots : 120 seconds of shifta/deband on yourself. pretty nice four yourself and others, especially if your rainbow DB is covered. Adrenaline/Adrenaline ring can push it not very far from TE duration boost-wise, and we all know how important shifta/deband upkeep can be for BO. If you don't want to spend millions on your Atra, you can just affix S4 on itself and leave Atra as a buff station.

-Wand : Atra Wand is still the best whacking tool out there, and unlike Form also provides decent teching on top. Just that will make it hard to significantly power creep in the future, since we all know how Form remained undefeated for so long

-Bow : same reasoning, 3% on rapid shoot combined with CURRENT SSAs can give you a damage pot going over 20% for at least 3/4 of the time if you got Raikou. Just the existence of Photon reduction and added normal PP recovery on their own can make for some very nice added utility, since bow is pretty fond of those

-Rifle : impervious to flinch/launch when standing still. RA absolutely adores this one, because no, Massive Hunter is not enough in most raids, especially when your biggest multiplier and key PAs require you to stand still. Can literally change your playstyle and sub options.

That makes a handful of very solid ones already (could have added others since most of the S4 can see some decent niche uses, but had to choose personal winners). I can understand waiting for better SSAs, but I'd still argue that some Atra really just notably power crept some of the existing weapons. It just goes unnoticed because Hero doesn't really benefit from any S4 that is not GS one (and even this one is still arguably worth the trouble).
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Feb 4, 2018 at 09:36 AM.

Honestly, when will we find out more information on the Wand PA(s?)?

Because as a *wand boop* Techer main I'm literally so so so stoked about this news, I don't know if that PA is going to be useful for wand smacking purposes but it perhaps opens the window to more wand PAs which is fucking epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Electrochemist View Post
    Honestly, when will we find out more information on the Wand PA(s?)?

Because as a *wand boop* Techer main I'm literally so so so stoked about this news, I don't know if that PA is going to be useful for wand smacking purposes but it perhaps opens the window to more wand PAs which is fucking epic.
    It clearly says we will find out "in the future". If you need more details then that I hope you have someone who can see the future on retainer.

Quote Originally Posted by otakun View Post
    It clearly says we will find out "in the future". If you need more details then that I hope you have someone who can see the future on retainer.
    I wish I could see into the future.
    :'(

Wait, you can get more than 1 atra wep?

Quote Originally Posted by cheapgunner View Post
    Wait, you can get more than 1 atra wep?
    You can get more Chronos Stones as a ridiculously rare drop from the Dragon rematch.