Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Increasing your atk by 300 isn't going to improve your dps by 1.5-2x...
    Then how can you explain exact that level of difference between my numbers and these which I saw at solo Atrum run videos? That's not PA dmg increasing drink 'cause common attack and sword weapon action (uncharged like ~3000 vs ~5000 per hit) dmg's bigger too.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    Yeah, yeah I see you guys like the parse tool,
    I don't like it and a month ago I didn't had it at all.
    When I palyed World of Warcraft dps parsing was a mandatory there. Then was Tera with same problems.
    I feel much better in Blade and Soul which don't have or need that 'cause there is a simple rule: do or die.
    And here I was forced (by users of that forum BTW) to use parsing tool again...
    When my result depend on other's performance I want to know about who spoils everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulastar View Post
    Then how can you explain exact that level of difference between my numbers and these which I saw at solo Atrum run videos? That's not PA dmg increasing drink 'cause common attack and sword weapon action (uncharged like ~3000 vs ~5000 per hit) dmg's bigger too.
    Would weak hit bonus drink work better for this fight?

Try making sure you have all of the buffs:
    • Meat Stir Fry
    • Shortcake/Meat Ration (conflicts with triboost donut)
    • Maximized Omega Timed Abilities (70 atk?)
    • Team Tree Attack bonus
    • Drink (Weak Hit?)

Someone help if I am forgetting any.

Also never lose Hero Boost.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Quote Originally Posted by Loveless62 View Post

Try making sure you have all of the buffs:
    • Meat Stir Fry
    • Shortcake/Meat Ration (conflicts with triboost donut)
    • Maximized Omega Timed Abilities (70 atk?)
    • Team Tree Attack bonus
    • Drink (Weak Hit?)

Someone help if I am forgetting any.
    I don't have a precise list, but from my rough math the difference between being well equipped with Shifta Drink vs well equipped with Team Tree + TA + buffs and damage/weakpoint drink varies from 20% to 30% more damage.

This all could be real dandy if improving in dragon could lead to anything but saving few minutes of waiting until atrum.
    Nonexperts clear dragon all the same, you could affix veila shmeila 500 atk, gap close faster, what gives.

Its designed to provide excrutiating diminishing returns to any extra effort you put in the game, you get less and less for more time and effort invested.

Game rules don't endorse gearing up above certain point for anything but self imposed challenge. I'd understand if you had to get your humble outdated 3500 stats to gods know what amount you find decent, – to be able to hurt some titanium eldritch dragons of lvl190 in full party that give more unique stuff, and people without ultra instinct weapons wouldnt be able to scratch them or die from some random burning status or couldnt move fast enough compared to them, add your version there.
    But you don't, you have a red dragon in five difficulties and also a sixth black one, out of which only two matter anything at all (you can just buy val and other materials), and I would even argue about utility of clearing the black one, since its sprinkle of sub10star cubes is hardly more rewarding than uploading solo clear or showing that dragon parse with you leading it. I mean, what would you do in that quest without parse, hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Golgotha View Post
    Snip to save space
    Don't forget the players who multiship. 1min difference could mean an extra run or being on time for Atrum.

The fact about diminishing returns is actually sign of good game design. If rewards increased lineraly based on effort/result, then pro players would be demolishing content within the same day it came out and there would be nothing to do until the next update, and the gap between pro and casuals in equipment would be simply impossible to bridge in future updates.

The 6th difficulty's purpose is moreso about bragging rights, and to also have a chance at an ultra rare item (in this case second Time Chronos Stone or what it's called). We can argue that the chance to get is too low for any grinding to be meaningful, but the point holds: it's a reward currently unobtainable by any other means in the game.

But since the drop rate is too absurdly low, even veterans like me do not treat it as a possible reward.
    Technically, I'm not running the dragon because the EQ is very boring and because there's nothing to gain (no 14* don't exist, it's all Luck bases, not merit-based).
    Arada - PSO2: Ship 10 - Techer - Team master of Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Increasing your atk by 300 isn't going to improve your dps by 1.5-2x...
    but 300 atk is a pretty big difference

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

im stocking up on 5+ slot omega reveries, then merging them together with mutation IIs to affix stuff later with ares+omega+mutation II and two other things depending on what character the unit is for

though right now I got way too many omega reverie units and not enough mutaiton II units

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    im stocking up on 5+ slot omega reveries, then merging them together with mutation IIs to affix stuff later with ares+omega+mutation II and two other things depending on what character the unit is for

though right now I got way too many omega reverie units and not enough mutaiton II units
    I got 2 character's storages filled with 6s Deus factor, Omega reverie and Mutation II units... but I don't want to spend these to common Izane or Elveda, but I can't get myself Weila neither body, nor arms...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    The fact about diminishing returns is actually sign of good game design. If rewards increased lineraly based on effort/result, then pro players would be demolishing content within the same day it came out and there would be nothing to do until the next update, and the gap between pro and casuals in equipment would be simply impossible to bridge in future updates.
    I agree, it would be a good game design, but in our case grinding is still linear, it just that any upgrade is a one step procedure cutting off utility of an item that was required. So that if you decide to grind further, it would be less rewarding, not because you get less but because you simply don't get anything else. It just turns into piles of stuff you don't need anymore, even if it was produced by scheduled limited to one run quests that often also have to use CF to facilitate catastrophically low rates of rare weapons, which player might not even need more than once but still wants to get some.
    That also wouldn't be nearly as noticeable if we weren't stuck in 2015 where you also looked for 13s in extra hard. That is, they are careful with rewards because they have to shuffle items around to provide an extremely calculated and restricted progression where you first get 13s, then some NT version, then also a hp leech one and an upgrade of an old 13s, then also one that can have SSA on it, etc.

I mean its quite convenient to have challenge quests that only serve to sort players by how fast they multiship farming quests. But then this parser talk is actually about one sort of dragon farmers looking down on another sort of dragon farmers.

It gets gradually more hilarious, because I believe that they would have to do many many expert blocks and conditions to separate these lvl 20 players from those lvl 20 players too, if someone really smart didn't lay out progression for the next 20 levels and introduced difficulties that could make it potentially easier to tell if you are a big enough boy to run this lvl40 quest instead of having to run parser extreme quest first to find that out.
    Last edited by Golgotha; Feb 15, 2018 at 06:09 AM.