Default Windows 10 and Google Chrome detect PSO2 Tweaker as a virus.

Hello.

I'm having some trouble downloading the newest Tweaker update. I've actually been having this problem since Tweaker build v4.0.5.9.
    However recently my computer has been detecting it as a Trojan and it has me a bit skeptical. I'm sure there's nothing to worry about, but I just wanted to see if I could get a workaround for it.

The issue is that I would start the update, then the update would close the Tweaker, as if it was finishing up and restarting Tweaker. but then the Tweaker wouldn't restart, instead I'd have to open it and see that it was still at build v4.0.5.9 and it'd ask me if I wanted to update the Tweaker again.

Lately I've been ignoring this issue, since I've still been able to play, but I'd like to use the new up-to-date Tweaker. However for me the issue isan't too glaring and I'm not too worried about it at all.

I was having the same issue, and what fixed it for me was that I downloaded the .exe from arks-layer and replaced the one that was already on my PC with it; once I ran it, it updated with no problem. This isn't guaranteed, though, as some one else had the same issue and doing what I did did not help.
    EDIT: Looks like the newest version actually has to be manually downloaded.
    Last edited by Anduril; Feb 7, 2018 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KroDragon View Post
    Hello.

I'm having some trouble downloading the newest Tweaker update. I've actually been having this problem since Tweaker build v4.0.5.9.
    However recently my computer has been detecting it as a Trojan and it has me a bit skeptical. I'm sure there's nothing to worry about, but I just wanted to see if I could get a workaround for it.

The issue is that I would start the update, then the update would close the Tweaker, as if it was finishing up and restarting Tweaker. but then the Tweaker wouldn't restart, instead I'd have to open it and see that it was still at build v4.0.5.9 and it'd ask me if I wanted to update the Tweaker again.

Lately I've been ignoring this issue, since I've still been able to play, but I'd like to use the new up-to-date Tweaker. However for me the issue isan't too glaring and I'm not too worried about it at all.
    False positive for the virus thing, that's given to anything that matches its heuristic detection, which all packed exe's do. Antivirius programs really hate a compressed exe, you'll need to temporarily disable your antivirus and set exceptions for it.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯