Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Personally I would like them to revamp all the previous areas. Add new map generation chunks, add some different Emergency Codes, maybe some new enemies? Heck Advanced Quests do have some exclusive map chunks (at least Sanctum, not sure about the others) that could be used in the Free Fields too. That'd make me want to go back to the Free Fields outside of Featured Quests and gathering for a while.

If they can't add new content because of engine reasons, they could at least build on top of the assets they already have in place. A lot of earlier areas in the game look pretty rough nowadays in some cases (Tunnels' terrible object draw distance for example).

But ehh, we've got Buster Quests for now... SEGA seems to only care about recent content (*points at old dead EQs*). and buffing non-Hero classes.

Did they explain what engine limitations that they're having to deal with, other than its age? I suppose the Vita version could also be holding them back?

They were probably talking about backend engine, whatever sets up quest structure, level pattern, etrial scenarios. Its got to be platform independent.

Still hard to imagine someone would decide on using level generation system for ten years ahead and not expect it to completely clog midway to that date.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

I am not sure if they really care about the vita holding them back; somebody I know said they tried a riding quest on vita and said the draw distance was so low it was basically unplayable

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    I am not sure if they really care about the vita holding them back; somebody I know said they tried a riding quest on vita and said the draw distance was so low it was basically unplayable
    Yeah, I have the Vita version... It runs like complete ass in EQs, going way under 10fps when you have 12 people on screen fighting in a mob heavy quest. It feels like SEGA are pushing the Vita to its limit in some cases, but then I'm reminded of Phantasy Star Nova, which although capped at 30fps looks and plays far nicer than PSO2 Vita even with lots of action on screen.

So idk. SEGA are having to test and develop on their engine for three different platforms after all for each update.

They should drop the client for vita and port the cloud version over there.