Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

And here we're approach a question: What keep you still playing this game at all?

I have palyed about 12k hours now, 3 characters, 2 of them all-class lvl capped, 1095 achivements unlocked. Almost 3 wears every damn week I kept repeating all same boring TACO's, dailies and EQ's. For what?

First time I tried to collect and maintain strongest weapons of each category, but later I found that useless. I had enough of 13* shit now and just disassemle it unless it have some useful SAF, cause Atra release made it all useless. And common 14* just DON'T DROP. So I run all these EQ's just for Excubes incoming and any chance of getting something to sell.

And now almost all my activeness is around Player store 'cause it's a single one way to get enough money in this game. Fucking Phantasy Star of trading Online. And these scratchers and resellers keep overpricing stuff more and more with each next scratch.
    Nuff said...
    Last edited by Zulastar; Feb 16, 2018 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulastar View Post
    And here we're approach a question: What keep you still playing this game at all?

I have palyed about 12k hours now, 3 characters, 2 of them all-class lvl capped, 1095 achivements unlocked. Almost 3 wears every damn week I kept repeating all same boring TACO's, dailies and EQ's. For what?

First time I tried to collect and maintain strongest weapons of each category, but later I found that useless. I had enough of 13* shit now and just disassemle it unless it have some useful SAF, cause Atra release made it all useless. And comon 14* just DON'T DROP. So I run all these EQ's just for Excubes incoming and any chance of getting something to sell.

And now almost all my activeness is around Player store 'cause it's a single one way to get enough money in this game. Fucking Phantasy Star of trading Online. And these scratchers and resellers keep overpricing stuff more and more with each scrath.
    Nuff said...
    I enjoy the game, is that hard to grasp?
    You are beyond burnout, seek something else and come back later.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by wahahaha View Post
    I enjoy the game, is that hard to grasp?
    You are beyond burnout, seek something else and come back later.
    Staying beyond burnout keep me to not lose a pace of gaining money for presents to my current waifu from next scratch ^_^.

And about finding something else - MMO RPG is a top genre among all games now, and next MMO RPG I'll play besides this one will be VR only 'cause I had enough of same shit already. This one at least give me more opportunities which I am interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveless62 View Post
    [*]Change the EQs to allow players to run them whenever they wanted, but impose a weekly run limit on them, say five runs a week (pretty much just like the run limits on solo XQs). I came up with this by thinking of how World of Warcraft's raid lockout system could be applied to PSO2, and I think it would look like this.
    The problem with this idea is that it would lead to a runaway effect of everyone storming EQs at the start of the week, and end-of-week runs would be desolate places except people who cannot run early due to other obligations, and alts, just like in WoW.

Team triggers sounds amazing. There shouldn't be any drama however, because it's the same as purchasing a trigger with SG and deciding who you want to come with you. Drama only comes from people who think they deserve to be in the frontline simply because they exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulastar View Post

*snip*
    Nothing but the fact I like my characters enough to not ditch PSO2 from my systeme right now...My Tacos are up for my 3 chars since thursday and I don't have any will to run them...I'm around 10k hours and contrarily to you I'm lucky with drops, like I got recently Demonia Talis and my first weila arm unit after 3 LQ runs... At first I was super happy (special snowflake syndrome), then you start wondering: Cool now what? Do I really need them?...NOPE. Result they (units) rot in storage and Talis well I use it because I have it but it could rot in storage too... I would not miss it at all :v
    Spoiler!

About my current behaviours in the game, I'm doing same shit as you do. Making mesetas from shop and wasting them into fashion. I skip most eq atm (just ran BQEQ yesterday wondering the whole runs why I did log for it), I occasionally derp around grinding LQ as Bo/Fi, log eventually for dailes then log off and go play MWO instead .
    Last edited by Masu; Feb 17, 2018 at 02:57 AM.

Reason is simple enough for me, I spent 17 years playing this series, so no reason to quit now. I just take breaks when there's a lull in anything I want to do in game. Right now I want to cap the last 3 classes on my main, cap out my Dark Blast skills, and unlock the last boss kill titles I need for Yamato rematch, Deus rematch, and Dragon rematch. After that I'll probably go on another break again until it offers something else that piques my interest.
    PSO2 - Ian: Level 90/90 Human Bouncer/Hunter

having to kill further damage my sleep schedule for 14* chance sure is fun.

Side MMO my fucking ass
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    EQs were a mistake

there are so many bad interactions between their limited time nature, being the place where generally the latest gear is coming from, and general player progression, that I dont really know where to start.

failure conditions can compound the issue, but I guess that's why they started implementing the Rematch Quests. kind of a ducttape-and-paperclips way of trying to go about it, but I guess that's what I've come to expect from pscrew ever since psu

possibly the biggest issue this game has is just a general lack of information on sega's end. and the large amount of things a regular player could miss entirely if they weren't keeping up on everything since day one, or have friends who do so for them. even then I had a friend who had played katana braver for months, and never knew you could block until they were trying to clear the first set of floors of Heaven and Hell. Granted, that was before they added the training quests, but after going through them myself I can't help to think that they need to so something more with those. heck give individual class level-cap release orders that make you at least run them like hero has, maybe a bad example since there are still plenty of bad heros out there, but I'd say my point still stands.

like there will always be people who ignore everything and mash through all the tutorial popups and stuff, but I feel like sega could stand to help out a bit more by maybe just giving new characters all (regular) PAs and techs at level 1 so people can at least play with a weapon's entire moveset right off the bat, make gear skills automatically learned, idk.

EDIT: anyway back to the first point, they should have made EQs work somewhat similarly to how they got Buster Quests working: all EQs are just always available, you can run whatever you want a set amount of times in a time period, but you can recover those by helping some rando clear the EQ they wanted to run and you get some kind of alternate reward you could use for more endgame-y upgrades like exchanging them for affixing fodder units. I don't think they will ever do this, especially since they already implemented EQ triggers for Star Gems, but it won't stop my imagination from running wild I guess
    The idea I've had since enchanted forest came out was turn EQs into a system similar to bonus quests, where you need to pay a "Key" to access them, and these keys would just drop off relevant bosses (EP1 bosses generally drop keys for EP1 EQs, EP2 bosses drop keys for EP2 EQs, etc.) Only one key would be required for the whole party.

"Emergency quests" would still exist in the form of boosting a specific raid or set of raids for an hour or so. Triggers would be converted into "Boosted Keys" which apply a RDR boost to the quest on its own.

Ideally this would make it so a lot of content like free-fields and BQ would have some relevancy again, since people would be farming them to get keys, assuming most of the older EQs get updated to have more relevant drops (like atleast one unique set of 13*s from each major EQ)

I have always seen the content that dies in week one always being the 12 player content that is always available. I've always wondered if it would be the same if it was a 4 player variant of certain EQs that could be done at any time ( which could allow soloing if needed ) and the 12 player variants still there with higher drop rates being that they aren't always around. I personally enjoy fighting Loser whenever he comes up just because I like fun boss fights but I can definitely see how those farming would want an easier method of doing so without a lot of work but I just want to have fun while farming instead of it feeling like a chore.

It really just seems too many people though have conflicting ideas of what to do to even make PSO2 seem enjoyable which I think is Sega's biggest issue as well when listening to feedback.
    『Founder of the Church of Bah-Rehst』

I would be happy if there were some Legacy points accrued for clearing scheduled EQs, which number increase a chance of getin' any Big Rare on next one, reset after it happend, or continue accumulating if not.