Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Resistance is futile, just play Hero and we all can be happy. It's HERO TIME!
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by Great Pan View Post
    Resistance is futile, just play Hero and we all can be happy. It's HERO TIME!
    Sorry i'd rather have a fight before spinning the rare wheel

i cant agree with dodging only reducing damage.. good play deserves reward not a slap in the face. with that one out of the way yes go ahead and nerf how good healing is right now.. it really is too strong with resta and megiverse and automate.. granted i dont use automate infavor of more damage personally

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Falco View Post
    i cant agree with dodging only reducing damage.. good play deserves reward not a slap in the face.
    But the reward would be that: reduction in damage.

Right now we have some situations that are awkward to put it lightly from a pure gameplay perspective:

- Getting knockdown by enemy is beneficial because of Just Reversal you either restore more hp than you have taken in damage, or you restore PP, or you deal additional extra damage. Which means that for the enemy's knockdown to be something the player would want to avoid, the damage from it should be higher than the current max hp restoration possible, and the damage the player would have done if they avoided the knockdown should be higher than the extra damage from PP restoration / Just Reversal B.

- Players with a point in TE's Super Treatment WANT to get afflicted by a status ailment to gain super PP restoration. This creates the awkward situation were you WANT to get afflicted by a status effect, and not only that, but you want to NOT have it removed unless it's from TE. This is like saying "Guys DO NOT remove debuffs, remain afflicted until the TE does it". This is bad design on Super Treatment, which exists as a "wrong bandaid" to one of TE's problems.

- Due to 100% of damage from everything being totally avoidable, the purpose of defensive stats is diminished. Not only that, but due to hard-to-avoid damage being extremely high in actual damage, outright avoiding instead of absorbing it and recovering is mandatory to not be forced to use a Moon. Content is not designed around "Achieve that much effective HP to be able to survive, then pour extra in damage", or to put it cynically, players should focus on defensive stats until they reach 1 HP and 0 in all defenses; everything above that is wasted stats. Is there any reason to take Deband buff from Team Tree? Deband potion from campship?

I can possibly come up with more gameplay designs like the above, but we have inspector coming to work in 20mins.

>skilfully dodging stream of enemy attacks with only few HP left due to certain skill activation
    >still dies anyway
    Totally balanced and encourage everyone to get good at timing.
    Maybe i should invest on that tank build with these gameplay design.
    Last edited by wefwq; Feb 20, 2018 at 03:28 AM.

I, for one, welcome our bi-weekly, non-hero class buffs. atpRtsd
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    make all evasive actions reduce damage instead of outright preventing it.
    This is not how you do good game design.
    Pika22 ingame. Add me if you want I guess. I don't really post here (´・ω・`);

Where is the trailer to these updates? c:

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    -snip.
    While I agree with design flaws, damage reduction still wouldn't be the solution imo

- Reversal rings/skills. The issues come from the rings themselves more than anything. Air reversal letting you cancel your reversal immediately, + allowing recover immediately is just too much. PP/HP should be values that vary depending on damage received (like say you receive 300 damage, you regain 20% of that instead of total HP). Those tweaks would make Blast ok, since it's pretty harmless on its own, but can be kinda stupid when coupled with Air reversal

-I don't have any issues with super treatment. You willingly getting inflicted with SE while trusting your TE to use treatment is one of the few synergies left between players in PSO2. while I'd agree to tone down the PP recovery, I still think skills like that are actually welcome

- If anything that actually got corrected as episodes progressed. people used to run around with Saiki and getting away with it because it was relatively easy to just dodge everything. Then the game progressively added more and more spam, enemy combos and such, so much so than haviing stats other than PP and ATK end up mattering a lot more than it used to. DEF being useless is more tied with terrible game design, since achieving high DEF would be as useful, if not more than takin the HP, if only for the fact you need to get all 3 types of DEF for it to have an impact, when HP effectively improves your survivability against all types of attacks.
    I'd apply the same reasoning. to current content to be honest, try to go LQ or Dragon rematch with a Saiki full PP craft, no deband buff and no deband tree, I'm pretty certain I'd die a lot/have to play too conservatively and let's be honest most players would, hence why high def high HP units like Izane have been trendy these days.
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Feb 20, 2018 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    - If anything that actually got corrected as episodes progressed. people used to run around with Saiki and getting away with it because it was relatively easy to just dodge everything. I'd apply the same reasoning. to current content to be honest, try to go LQ or Dragon rematch with a Saiki full PP craft, no deband buff and no deband tree, I'm pretty certain I'd die a lot/have to play too conservatively and let's be honest most players would, hence why high def high HP units like Izane have been trendy these days.
    Back in the day people affixed Ability III(almost nobody does this these days) and Saiki had 351/323/323 def and 4%res in one type/unit. 12star unit def isn't really that high, https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Rear_Units_List. The problem was that HP was worthless and everyone was running around with sub 1k HP. You could still faceroll LQ with Charge Parrying+All Guard, add Guard Stance to it if you are capable to Guard/Parry every 40sec.