Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

"-- Grim Barrage Distance/Turning UP, PP Cost DOWN"

Edit2:Electric boogaloo (I should really learn to read)

Please be 5-10pp thx
    Last edited by Moffen; Feb 19, 2018 at 08:58 AM.
    Spoiler!

They're trying to make ilzonde a viable gapcloser but upon using it my wand becomes a worthless element
    These people are fucking hopeless

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyHeaven View Post
    They're trying to make ilzonde a viable gapcloser but upon using it my wand becomes a worthless element
    These people are fucking hopeless
    yeaaah it's so much better for Ilzonde to be a shitty gap closer WHILE changing element amirite ? If you find it so annoying, use an asagiri Katana, they are literally cheap dirt and will allow you to get there while resetting wand ele anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    yeaaah it's so much better for Ilzonde to be a shitty gap closer WHILE changing element amirite ? If you find it so annoying, use an asagiri Katana, they are literally cheap dirt and will allow you to get there while resetting wand ele anyway
    Are you mentally challenged?

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyHeaven View Post
    Are you mentally challenged?
    Insulting people for giving you a viable dash option for people afraid of element change doesn't help your point. Weapon swapping has been done for a long time in this game for dashing. Also, Nothing stops you from tap using techs, you know this, right?

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

the adapting spin change only effects forward spins, and I guess it's supposed to adapt itself to how far away the target is; the trailer shows that without any target, it will go twice as far as it currently is, so I supposed this means it will shorten itself if the enemy closer than that.

also, judging by the trailer, the ilzonde and safoie distance buffs seem to be aimed at using them uncharged. charging them might get a distance buff too, but I would imagine that it might not be as much as the uncharged forms will get. it would be neat if they made it so that the only reason to charge them is if you were intending to deal damage with them, I feel like they had long since given up on trying to make charged vs uncharged dynamics.

Wish partizan got a good gap closer ;c. Rising Flag is too slow and damage is meh. Assault Buster damage pp ratio is terrible, but if it had the same range as say Guilty Break, then it would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    Hero doesn't need to be nerfed.

Older classes need to be buffed, and enemy difficulty needs to be buffed.
    On paper it makes no difference, but if you just keep applying buffs, you eventually break the game or end up creating a different game. I'd prefer nerfs for sure at this point. The buffs I wouldn't complain about would be undoing some older changes and things like the stance revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    also, judging by the trailer, the ilzonde and safoie distance buffs seem to be aimed at using them uncharged. charging them might get a distance buff too, but I would imagine that it might not be as much as the uncharged forms will get. it would be neat if they made it so that the only reason to charge them is if you were intending to deal damage with them, I feel like they had long since given up on trying to make charged vs uncharged dynamics.
    Making the uncharged ones faster would be a decrease in utility since these techs would no longer benefit from PPC, ST, Ketos Prio, etc. At least you wouldn't need to craft Ilzonde anymore.

I second whoever says that players need nerfs.

We have reached the point where players, especially the good ones, can achieve 100% evasion from bosses that spam hard crowd-control and near-OHKO abilities every 2 seconds. We have reached the point where the PP bar does not need to be managed because the player can restore it to full in less than 2 seconds regardless of what's going on. If a player for some reason loses hp, they restore back to full in less than 2 seconds. The only way players can see "improvement" is in bigger numbers, and faster movement (not gap closer, general movement).

You can't design content against that outside of giving bosses unfair abilities, like insanely moving hitboxes and immense self-healing (like those Resta golems in LQ XH which AoE restore 84k per tick).

Sega needs to bring in again that 80% healing debuff and make all evasive actions reduce damage instead of outright preventing it.

Problem with nerfs in general though, is that such negative balance decisions are almost always designed to discourage that specific nerfed meta (since its a nerf :P)
    Nerf Hero, and you'll most likely just alienate the playerbase using it, with the risk of losing them (i.e. quit, hiatus) rather than actually making them decide to use other alternatives (going back to "normal classes")

With a buff, you encourage those who have been using those other alternatives ("normal classes"), or even make those already using Hero try out other classes (for variety, out of boredom, etc.) without kicking the ones already using the "OP" meta out

That being said, I do agree that PSO2 does gets way, way easier when you keep buffing classes over and over per update, since the changes are still balanced around (PVE) mobs/bosses and not amongst players (such as in a fighting game or TCG)

Also Hero was probably kind of essential in making PSO2 devs finally realize some of the most glaring issues other classes/weapon types had that they never would have otherwise noticed
    Last edited by AnikaSteinberg; Feb 19, 2018 at 06:31 PM.