Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pika2525 View Post
    Idunno man. The amount of times I've seen people with 150+atk units die repeatedly, or just not do much damage, is waaayyy higher than it should be.
    I think it goes deeper than this too and I like to think about the individual, personally.

For example, I could have had like 10 brilliant Atrum dragon runs where I out perform and that one or so runs that I may perform badly at. And if I was with randoms, they would all probably think I suck, right? But just because I fail once, or had a bad day, doesn't mean I'm not good at the game.

When I was manager of a team long ago and I played with the same people day in day out you begin to notice that literally no-one can keep that standard up. It always differs. Good players have had their bad runs. Bad players do have good runs but it's not as often.

I have to as well talk about the lag and desync on the game too because I suffer from this which sometimes causes an attack to just hit me out of nowhere, it is not very often but I'd say once every 3 EQs which can sometimes cause me to die. (I notice this desyncing way more in battle arena but thats what I get for playing a game that is localised in japan but residing in the UK).

Also you have to take into account that there are people who just don't give a fuck. I have a friend of 5 years who literally just wants to rising slash everything and when I tried to show him other ways he said it wasn't fun for him and didn't work for him and just went back to doing what he wants. I did try but at the end of the day you have to respect that because I'm sure when he comes home from work all he wants to do is have fun. I mean it's not truly hurting anyone, it is just a game and not even a PvP one, it's PvE focused. You are all working towards the one goal of bringing down a boss or bosses.

I don't know I always feel like, if you have a problem with carrying people, just play with the people you trust, people who take the game seriously and see numbers competitively, because when you match publicly (EVEN in Expert) you will find players with varying gear, varying motives, or both. (OR you could nicely try to educate some people about how to reach their higher dps potential or how and when to dodge, what PAs give iframes etc etc.)

It would be cool if you had to maybe do a training quest that really tested your game mechanic knowledge to get into expert (or perhaps fight Phaleg because that's genuinely a good example of an 'elite player' though it is also possible to cheese: afk summoner, hero tali teleport etc) it is a tough balance tbh.
    Last edited by Electrochemist; Mar 1, 2018 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Electrochemist View Post
    *snip*
    OMG it can't be. Someone gifted with empathy and tolerance spotted.

I did try but at the end of the day you have to respect that because I'm sure when he comes home from work all he wants to do is have fun.
    The problem with this is that i and many other people also want to come home from a hards day of work and would prefer not to take 2-3x as long to finish a quest. Is our way of fun not worth any respect? Its a conflict of interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    But if u take mpa with a lot boses in 1 time, and if FI have war cry lv10 ,FI win
    -----------------------Flashing-----------------------------------------------Tagami--------------------------
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Tunga View Post
    The problem with this is that i and many other people also want to come home from a hards day of work and would prefer not to take 2-3x as long to finish a quest. Is our way of fun not worth any respect? Its a conflict of interest.
    This is where you team up with people you know who have the same ethos as you, that's how you solve that issue.

This is where you team up with people you know who have the same ethos as you, that's how you solve that issue.
    Indeed, when you play with pugs, you have accepted the fact that people will most likely NOT play the way you want.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    NotLikeThis

I cant tell with you sometimes because you generally sound like that usually LMAO.

I'll hold this L.
    :3

anyways boost still lies to me, astra sword so far, its like i have to buy ac to please the gods

So in short your answer is no.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Indeed, when you play with pugs, you have accepted the fact that people will most likely NOT play the way you want.
    Sega has been giving less incentive for people to make organized runs and organized runs are not available 24/7. You will eventually be forced to pug.
    But if u take mpa with a lot boses in 1 time, and if FI have war cry lv10 ,FI win
    -----------------------Flashing-----------------------------------------------Tagami--------------------------
    Spoiler!

So in short your answer is no.

Sega has been giving less incentive for people to make organized runs and organized runs are not available 24/7. You will eventually be forced to pug.
    It's more that you sound like you don't have much respect for yourself and your own enjoyment of the game, rather than my respect for you.
    If you play with pugs and have expectations of how it should be then it is you with the high standards set of individuals you don't know. So when you get dissapointed or frustrated then yes it is literally your fault. It's not like people go into EQs expecting you to carry them, it's your choice to matchmake with randoms.

I'm sorry but you're literally not forced to do anything. If it bothers you that much and you "can't find a dedicated team", don't do the EQ. There's a difference between taking the whole allotted time to do an EQ (which barely happens btw, most people are competant enough.) and failing it. Failing sucks but unless you're doing Atrum that literally never happens in pugs. What are you so desperate to finish an EQ so quickly for anyway like whats the rush? (curious)

Btw the incentive of organised runs is literally that of: not being partied with people with differing skillsets and/or desires for their gameplay experience.
    Last edited by Electrochemist; Mar 1, 2018 at 09:46 PM.

It is worth all the respect, of course. As is the way of fun of people often called 'casuals' on this site. But an interesting thing to note is that if those casuals rarely come here to criticize the way of playing and enjoying the game of the elite ones, the opposite is daily bread (often with extreme vehemence and condescension). So, I really wonder who are the most disrespectful gamers. The candid ones or the lesson-givers.

-snip-
    Btw the incentive of organised runs is literally that of: not being partied with people with differing skillsets and/or desires for their gameplay experience.
    I have no idea where you're getting this "high standard" thing from. Asking for a decent (not world record) pug runs in an expert environment is nowhere near high standard. And nope the main incentive from organizing runs was to maximize gains the rest followed naturally. But sega started placing run limits in eqs, nerfing/banning certain combos, everyone gets a participation award, etc. So now you're just weeding out leechers (organized has casuals too ya know), speedkilling and that's it (in eq content).

Also this this is going off the thread topic so i'm stopping after this post.
    Spoiler!