Default Lore: Do CASTs have parents?

I'm looking for actual genuine responses, not half-assed retorts like 'lol idk'.

So, this has become something of a simple curiousity for me. It hasn't been eating at me but it's just something I started thinking about yesterday when I was playing as my Techer Cast in PSO2, because I like to come up with backgrounds for my characters sometimes.

How exactly are CASTs made (now)? Who creates them, and what sort of processes would that involve?
    Also, for lack of a better question... Do CASTs have parents? CAN they even have relations? o.o

I think Casts were just humans/whatever race who had too much photon power so their bodies couldn't resist it, so their souls or brains, or i dont know what, were put into those mechanic bodies.
    Not 100% sure about this tho.

Pretty much. In PSU or PSO it would have been whoever created them, but in PSO2 they were once people; with a chance to pick up some strange quirks after conversion. Personally I imagine they would be like Raiden or Genji, still having some human parts in them to absorb/produce photons.
    Last edited by yoshiblue; Mar 4, 2018 at 06:25 PM.

Not so much parents in the traditional sense, I remember Hyuga Ryght had a cutscene where he said his family's company produces CASTS and that it's the only company allowed to do so.

He doesn''t go into how they are created, but i assume they are formed with a base and given parts depending on their use.
    That's why The ones used in Military operations have that harden robot look while the ones used for labor and farming have more of a human look.

I guess.. they're no different that computers, they are created, given a purpose..and customized for that purpose.