Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Post your Creative Ways of Playing PSO2 (control wise)

Just a heads up, using regular keyboard & mouse on a PC or PS4, regular gamepad with keyboard on PC or PS4 or playing on Vita is not very creative.

I personally use a DualShock 4 on my PC using DS4Windows. This program allows me to use my DualShock 4 as is it was an XBOX 360/One controller. Besides the fact that I prefer the smaller size of PlayStation controllers for my tiny hands Vs the bulkier size of XBOX controllers, what makes this special are the programmable aspects that comes with the software.

1- I can use it wired with micro USB or wirelessly with a Bluetooth dongle

2- I can map keyboard keys and macros to any buttons

3- I can remap any XBOX button to any PS4 button

4- I can use any function of the PS button and touch pad as macros or keyboard keys

So how do I control the game, well let’s start with the basics:

X = Jump
    O = Confirm/Select
    ◻ = Attack 1
    △ = Attack 2
    L1 = DS4Windows Shift Key
    L2 = Evade/Mirage Escape
    R1 = Attack 3
    R2 = Use Sub-Palette Item
    L3 = Nothing
    R3 = Swap Weapon Palette
    Share = Quick Menu
    Option = Main Menu
    Left Stick = Move
    Right Stick = Camera Control
    D-Pad Up/Down = Nothing
    D-Pad Left/Right = Select Sub-Palette Item

Now for the fun programmable part:

PS Button = N Keyboard Key to Display Full Map
    L1 + D-Pad Left = Chat Command to Equip Weapon 1
    L1 + D-Pad Up = Chat Command to Equip Weapon 2
    L1 + D-Pad Right = Chat Command to Equip Weapon 3
    L1 + D-Pad Down = Chat Command to Equip Weapon 4
    L1 + L3 = Chat Command to Equip Weapon 5
    L1 + R3 = Chat Command to Equip Weapon 6
    Touch Pad Swap Left = Use Sub-Palette Item 4
    Touch Pad Swap Up = Use Sub-Palette Item 5
    Touch Pad Swap Right = Use Sub-Palette Item 6
    Touch Pad Swap Down = Use Sub-Palette Item 7
    Touch Pad Press Left = Use Sub-Palette Item 8
    Touch Pad Press Right = Use Sub-Palette Item 9
    Touch Pad Press Both Left & Right = Use Sub-Palette Item 0

Sub-Palette 1 to 3 are usually for Dimates, Trimates and Sol Atomizers, the Compound Techs or other things which I’ll select with the D-Pad and use with the R2 trigger.

Now post your creative ways of playing PSO2. If you have any questions regarding DS4Windows, I’ll do my best to answer them.
    Last edited by the_importer_; Mar 15, 2018 at 06:46 PM.

I normally use an XBox One controller with a chatpad (used pretty much just for access to subpalette) and an accessory that adds two paddles on the back that I have mapped to be L3 and R3, and I also use Joy2Key to give myself extra functions (particularly to avoid needing to scroll through the Weapon Palette). I have it all mapped out pretty much like this:

My basic NumPad function is Select Weapon/Subpalette, and my CTRL+NumPad is Shortcut Words. Also, even though I have the chatpad, I still have a Use Subpalette function for quick healing since I always have Resta or Trimates on the 0 key.

If I may ask, what accessory are you using, and can you get those extra paddles to work individually?
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreek View Post
    If I may ask, what accessory are you using, and can you get those extra paddles to work individually?
    It's called XBox One StrikePack from a company called Collective Minds; I got it on sale for like 15USD a couple of years ago, but unfortunately, it seems that it is now discontinued and it looks like they have released an updated version. Also, you can only map existing buttons to paddles, they can't serve as extra buttons.
    Last edited by Anduril; Mar 15, 2018 at 03:16 PM.

So long since I played, but I use Steam controller with touch menus for shortcuts to pallete and weapon palette.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    It's called XBox One StrikePack from a company called Collective Minds; I got it on sale for like 15USD a couple of years ago, but unfortunately, it seems that it is now discontinued and it looks like they have released an updated version. Also, you can only map existing buttons to paddles, they can't serve as extra buttons.
    Well that's unfortunate. I really don't want to go and look into an Elite controller. Some(unofficial I think) drivers have released some time ago to allow individual mapping for the paddles. I used all my Xbox One buttons for mapping, and there's no way I can sacrifice my setup for 3 button layout.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    I normally use an XBox One controller with a chatpad (used pretty much just for access to subpalette) and an accessory that adds two paddles on the back that I have mapped to be L3 and R3, and I also use Joy2Key to give myself extra functions (particularly to avoid needing to scroll through the Weapon Palette). I have it all mapped out pretty much like this:

My basic NumPad function is Select Weapon/Subpalette, and my CTRL+NumPad is Shortcut Words. Also, even though I have the chatpad, I still have a Use Subpalette function for quick healing since I always have Resta or Trimates on the 0 key.
    Good stuff. I tried using the a DS4 chatpad as well, but I returned it because I could never get use of not having my hands around the handles.

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Just a heads up, using regular keyboard & mouse on a PC or PS4, regular gamepad with keyboard on PC or PS4 or playing on Vita is not very creative.

I personally use a DualShock 4 on my PC using DS4Windows. This program allows me to use my DualShock 4 as is it was an XBOX 360/One controller. Besides the fact that I prefer the smaller size of PlayStation controllers for my tiny hands Vs the bulkier size of XBOX controllers, what makes this special are the programmable aspects that comes with the software.

[snip keybindings for brevity]

Do you not have lock-on mapped at all, or am I just blind and not seeing it? It'd be kinda hard to play some classes without that (notably fighter with Twin Daggers, since TD Air Chase only works if you are locked on).

Since I use DS4Windows with a SCUF Impact (the paddles are handy for TPS mode, oh, yes), I'm interested in your shift key usage and may have to try that myself, though I'd probably set it up a little differently. Currently I have to take my hand off the controller to switch weapons and I'd rather not do that. Also, I presume you are mapping to keyboard keys in order to make the chat shortcuts work.. I haven't been able to get this to work in my DS4Windows (specifically, it works in Windows, but PSO2 doesn't recognize those inputs); did you have to do anything special to make that work, or is something broken on my side?
    Ship 2:
    Katarin: GUmarl. Lethal precision with a whimsical streak
    "Save the day and look good doing it. That's what this job is all about!"

Alessandra: FInewearl. A hyperkinetic, photon-fueled mayhem machine.
    "Oho! I actually felt that! You must be pretty strong!."

This thread is actually really helpful and interesting!
    I'm a controller user but I have trouble adjusting to 3-button, I have tried many a time over the years but there just doesn't seem to be enough buttons to cater it effectively.
    So at the moment I'm stuck to 2-button which can be very limiting depending on the class. (for some classes it's not so bad but for a partisan hunter or anything that requires specific combos it's tough)

I'm gonna keep an eye on this thread, I reckon it will open my mind to some other options and workarounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Electrochemist View Post
    This thread is actually really helpful and interesting!
    I'm a controller user but I have trouble adjusting to 3-button, I have tried many a time over the years but there just doesn't seem to be enough buttons to cater it effectively.
    So at the moment I'm stuck to 2-button which can be very limiting depending on the class. (for some classes it's not so bad but for a partisan hunter or anything that requires specific combos it's tough)

I'm gonna keep an eye on this thread, I reckon it will open my mind to some other options and workarounds.
    I haven't had problems with having enough buttons for 3-button, but when I mapped weapon action to its own button so I could get 5 PA's on each palette, I had to give up my minimap scale button (using the keyboard for that now, which is annoying)... and I'd dearly love to squeeze weapon switching back onto my controller (I can do it with the D-pad, but that's incredibly clumsy), thus my interest.

My current control setting is:
    D-pad up/down: switch weapons
    D-pad left/right: select subpalette item
    Square: Action 1
    Triangle: Action 2
    Circle: Action 3
    Cross: Jump
    L1: Main Palette Shift
    R1: Weapon Action
    L2: Lock-On
    R2: Evade
    L3: Access
    R3: TPS Mode
    PS: Mapped to L3, and I actually use this rather than L3 for everything.
    Options: Activate Subpalette
    Share: Main Menu

The four paddles on the Impact are mapped to the four face buttons so I can do PA's while right-stick aiming in TPS mode (mostly I use them while playing Ranger (or on the rare occasions I go GU/RA instead of GU/HU), so I tend to refer to these as my "Ranger paddles").

Obviously, if I can get keyboard mapping working there are a lot of improvements that I can make to this.
    Ship 2:
    Katarin: GUmarl. Lethal precision with a whimsical streak
    "Save the day and look good doing it. That's what this job is all about!"

Alessandra: FInewearl. A hyperkinetic, photon-fueled mayhem machine.
    "Oho! I actually felt that! You must be pretty strong!."