Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    wartecher sucked didnt it?
    didnt you play PSU? you dont remember it? underwhelming hybrid class that got little to no attention after a point while everything else excelled nicely, basically BO right now, theyre not doing much to it let alone Sega for some reason thinks this class is a "support" class. im so jaded about BO right now man

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    didnt you play PSU? you dont remember it? underwhelming hybrid class that got little to no attention after a point while everything else excelled nicely, basically BO right now, theyre not doing much to it let alone Sega for some reason thinks this class is a "support" class. im so jaded about BO right now man
    played PSU on Clem which adjusted Wartecher so I can't say I know since i avoided vanilla PSU and AOTI

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Again Hero already proved that you can make a well designed tree. If you don't think that Hero has a well designed Tree then I won't take your comments about what should and shouldn't be made with the skill trees seriously anymore. Besides a issue being present in other games doesn't make it excusable to be present in all of them.
    No, Hero doesn't have a well designed tree. It has a tree designed for players who do not want to have to make a choice on what to get and who want to have access to everything with 0 effort. Hero tree is designed to be impossible to fuck up, and as you said in a previous post, any wrong Hero tree has been done delibirately and to troll, not because the player thought it would work out.

Okay? Are Gear Skills essential? If yes why isn't it built into the weapon? Is Limit Break essential? I mean it's the only way to reliably trigger half of the skill tree. Is Weak bullet essential? Weak Hit Advance 1 and 2 would make you believe that is the case but we can choose to ignore it so it must be totally optional.
    But we agree here. These skills are essential for the classes to be viable. So why give the illusion of choice?

Te/Hu literally has no options to choose from. Every Te/Hu build nowadays is pretty identical thanks to Techniques being taken out of the equation.
    Playing Tech focused Te you're basically playing shitty Fo. Te players have some amazing choices to make indeed.
    Again we agree here. TE players have choices. But every choice they make means that they become slightly better at one thing, and lose the option to be slightly better at some other thing.

snip to save space
    I have to apologize here because I didn't make my point clear.
    The point I was trying to make is that regular classes have to select before entering a quest what their strong points will be and at the same time where they will be middle of the pack or below optimal, or even outright bad. If a BR player decides to drop all points into Katana for example, he has to accept that during the entirety of the quest (actually at least until he resets his skilltree) he will be bad with Bow, and he will have to rely on gap-closer and melee. If a TE player selects skills that maximize personal dps, then for the entirety of the quest his support abilities will be below optimal. But if the TE player maxes support skills first, then his personal dps will be below optimal. It is mathematically impossible to have optimal support skills and optimal personal-dps at the same time.

Hero does not have to make this sacrifice. The moment a Hero enters the field, he will always have the option of performing at 100% if he decides to play only Sword, or 100% if he decides to play only TMG, or 100% if he decides to play 100% Talis, or 100% if he decides to weapon dance. He doesn't give up anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Hero does not have to make this sacrifice. The moment a Hero enters the field, he will always have the option of performing at 100% if he decides to play only Sword, or 100% if he decides to play only TMG, or 100% if he decides to play 100% Talis, or 100% if he decides to weapon dance. He doesn't give up anything.
    And why exactly is this a bad thing?
    You have literally the same with Bouncer being able to 100% DB or 100% JB or 100% both of them and Braver is almost there it just needs a SP cost reduction.
    Not to mention you do have to make compromises on Hr if you pick one thing over the other they're not not as big as on regular classes. Which is my point this entire time. On regular classes the compromises you have to make are just too insane. As a result certain Skills don't see any use at all. Remember when Adrenaline cost 5 SP and barely anyone used it? now it's 1 SP and people gladly take it if they have 1 SP they don't know what to do with. Or remember how SP intensive stance dancing on Fighter was just a Year ago and nowadays it's a viable option? They essentially cut the SP costs of Fighter Stance dancing in half from 60 to 30. Certain skills are only bad because they cost too many SP and cutting the cost would eliminate the wrong choices by making them actually good choices.