Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Here's what I'd like to see. I know they only said they're gonna add new skills but I'm gonna throw in some buffs and reworks that need to happen anyway.

Hu:
    Just cut the SP on some Skills

Fi:
    A skill that inflicts a status ailment that doesn't harm the enemy and works on all bosses.

Ra/Gu:
    I dunno.

Fo:
    Photon Flare SP cut.
    Reduce Burn/Freeze/Shock boost to 1SP
    Ice Ignition Rework.

Te:
    Techtor Counter (similar to Hero counter) massively amplifies the damage of the Tech Explosion.
    A skill that prevents flinching if the damage is below a certain percentage of your Max HP
    A skill that makes it easier to keep the Party buffed up in huge arenas (Pet sympathy for Player character?),
    Te Mag boosting T-ATK by the amount of S-ATK and vice versa (Similar to Hero Mag).
    Reduce Mirage/Panic/Poison boost to 1SP
    Poison ignition rework.
    Wand Gear rework (what is even the point if Wand Lovers has it maxes out anyway).
    Reverser Field Buff

Br:
    A Skill that makes Dex useful for Crits

Bo:
    Crit Field Strike - increases Crit Damage of all players buffed by Crit Field.

Su:
    I dunno.
    for hunters i agree they should do that on JA bonus

rangers : definily launcher gear which could allow to attack faster along how fill is it

agree on force and techer , for bravers they could make DEX influence the critical damage (a lot for braver and a little for others)

for summoner a skill which allow us call our pet any time

and for fighter i could work some passive that makes enemies more vulnerable to status effects also the newest bosses are inmune to status effects ( i wonder if omega loser is gonna be vulnerable to poison and works the same way as mirage did in the original version)

Use Partizan then.
    Hu is very well capable of obliterating a single Target. And the crown of "worst single target Damage" still goes to the Wand.

Partizan or no Partizan the single target DPS still easily gets into lower than Bo area and all you're posting is videos that many other classes do faster. Thanks for crowning Hunter with at least it's not Wand crown though. Really helps having more than minute slower clear on solo XQ compared to Fighter which should totally get full chase procs on anything, which not only introduces a huge power boost, but also makes chase a mandatory part of the skill tree further reducing build variety.

Quote Originally Posted by vantpers View Post
    Partizan or no Partizan the single target DPS still easily gets into lower than Bo area and all you're posting is videos that many other classes do faster. Thanks for crowning Hunter with at least it's not Wand crown though. Really helps having more than minute slower clear on solo XQ compared to Fighter which should totally get full chase procs on anything, which not only introduces a huge power boost, but also makes chase a mandatory part of the skill tree further reducing build variety.
    Well I'm not a Hu player so I really wouldn't know how to buff Hu without making it any more OP as a subclass but I do know that the amount of SP on these skills is too excessive. Maybe make it so that War Brave gives you the full 15% if a Boss is targeted and lasts longer than 30s? But I still don't think lagging 2 seconds behind Bo is as bad as Wand taking twice as long at finishing the new XQ. Besides making Fi as a viable subclass for status ailment builds doesn't sound like making build variety smaller. I mean Sega could always make Jellen count as a status ailment and make Launchers more relevant in groups but that makes too much sense apparently.

All I want for christmas are some tank/survival skills for melee that doesn't require a Hu sub in the mix.

Well I'm not a Hu player so I really wouldn't know how to buff Hu without making it any more OP as a subclass but I do know that the amount of SP on these skills is too excessive. Maybe make it so that War Brave gives you the full 15% if a Boss is targeted and lasts longer than 30s? But I still don't think lagging 2 seconds behind Bo is as bad as Wand taking twice as long at finishing the new XQ. Besides making Fi as a viable subclass for status ailment builds doesn't sound like making build variety smaller. I mean Sega could always make Jellen count as a status ailment and make Launchers more relevant in groups but that makes too much sense apparently.
    Hunter needs more of a weapon rework than skill rework. The basic smart thing to do when cutting Hunter SP would be prioritizing main only skills, one points War Brave and similar. Having War Brave work on bosses better is kind of a bloat idea that looks the same as giving Sword 20% damage buff you had to refresh every 40 second with a PA whose only purpose on top of being bad was doing the thing, which is putting unnecessary hurdles that just piss players off. Hunter though it's definitely low in the fastest clearing meta and I have yet to find it in premades either, so it's kind of a balancing error not to do anything to something weak and buff something strong, which Fighter definitely is.

As for Chase, it's already a powerful skill. It's held back due to how you don't have status on mobs for 100% of the time yet for mobbing builds it's still worth taking. It's just too powerful to be put as another single target modifier unless you make status effect on bosses last very short, like freezing Vol legs, except this time your damage is increased.

As for Chase, it's already a powerful skill. It's held back due to how you don't have status on mobs for 100% of the time yet for mobbing builds it's still worth taking. It's just too powerful to be put as another single target modifier unless you make status effect on bosses last very short, like freezing Vol legs, except this time your damage is increased.
    I'm pretty sure Sega would nerf chase once it'd become more accessible. How it is now I don't even see it as a buff for mobbing since enemies rarely survive long enough to even be inflicted with status ailments. Except maybe for UQ's about which I couldn't care less. Making all these non-status ailments trigger chase would be a good change too but a lot of Bosses nowadays don't even have that much.

Hunter needs more of a weapon rework than skill rework. The basic smart thing to do when cutting Hunter SP would be prioritizing main only skills, one points War Brave and similar. Having War Brave work on bosses better is kind of a bloat idea that looks the same as giving Sword 20% damage buff you had to refresh every 40 second with a PA whose only purpose on top of being bad was doing the thing, which is putting unnecessary hurdles that just piss players off. Hunter though it's definitely low in the fastest clearing meta and I have yet to find it in premades either, so it's kind of a balancing error not to do anything to something weak and buff something strong, which Fighter definitely is.

While I agree HU damage is on the low end compared to the rest (and while being lackluster it's not that incredibly far behind either), it's still probably the safest and most survivable class thanks to All Guard + Charge Parrying, on top of Just Guards and Ignition Parry. It definitely needs a few PA buffs or something like that but I don't think it needs something as extreme as a rework. HU is supposed to feel somewhat clunky and hit hard, it's just that HU hitting for far less than other classes that are easier to leverage (hello Hero and Braver) is a bit preposterous for all the things it has to do to reach a decently high damage output. So yeah I'm all for buffs, but I find HU to be fun in its current state, and I don't really want the conditionals to be dumbed down too much.

I'm pretty sure Sega would nerf chase once it'd become more accessible. How it is now I don't even see it as a buff for mobbing since enemies rarely survive long enough to even be inflicted with status ailments. Except maybe for UQ's about which I couldn't care less. Making all these non-status ailments trigger chase would be a good change too but a lot of Bosses nowadays don't even have that much.
    ...And thus nerfing the few builds that mainly use FI sub for the additional chase multipliers to further consolidate the mainstream subs, yay. I'd rather work something around LB that rewards you for not dying during it (or I guess have IW devil's luck) or something like that.
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Apr 10, 2018 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    ...And thus nerfing all the builds that mainly use FI for the additional chase multipliers. I'd rather work something around LB that rewards you for not dying during it (or I guess have IW devil's luck) or something like that.
    How would that be a nerf? Currently Chase skills only work on Mobs that don't need it. Making it work on Mobs that do need it, like every Emergency quest Boss ever, would be a buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    While I agree HU damage is on the low end compared to the rest (and while being lackluster it's not that incredibly far behind either), it's still probably the safest and most survivable class thanks to All Guard + Charge Parrying, on top of Just Guards and Ignition Parry. It definitely needs a few PA buffs or something like that but I don't think it needs something as extreme as a rework. HU is supposed to feel somewhat clunky and hit hard, it's just that HU hitting for far less than other classes that are easier to leverage (hello Hero and Braver) is a bit preposterous for all the things it has to do to reach a decently high damage output. So yeah I'm all for buffs, but I find HU to be fun in its current state, and I don't really want the conditionals to be dumbed down too much.

...And thus nerfing all the builds that mainly use FI for the additional chase multipliers. I'd rather work something around LB that rewards you for not dying during it (or I guess have IW devil's luck) or something like that.
    Hunter safety is overrated, it has 4th successful XQ clearing rate for example, mostly due to the fact that the cheesiest things are all available to any of the classes subclassing it. You can even see some of Ponthi videos where he runs a decent HP stack and shrugs off hits due to life leech in LB. Summoner all in all can be tankier than Hu/Fi, on top of things like free resta and megiverse. Sega has also recently or not so recently given 1.5 second tier invincibility windows to pretty much any class, like Hero. Poor WL has only access to JG and Heavenly Fall anyway, if you want to talk about powerful defensive. I would say WL still needs a rework. Sword is fine except just hits low, mechanically wise it would need a big upgrade to Nova so it can be cancelled and doesn't hold you place, because honestly Nova just can't keep up especially if you don't roll a beefy Hunter, and other AoE options have various problems too like Rising Edge AoE not being able to compare with other classes, Ride Slasher spreading ticks of damage and reversing stances, or Over End that takes too long to get the final bit of damage out. Partizan needed a rework and it was given one, but I can't really say much about it now.

It would be preferable to tone down the defensive options on Hunter while buffing damage output, but Sega.

How would that be a nerf? Currently Chase skills only work on Mobs that don't need it. Making it work on Mobs that do need it, like every Emergency quest Boss ever, would be a buff.
    FO/FI and TE/FI's niche are mobbing due to elemental mismatch for FO (bless light weakness on nearly every raid) and TE being overall terrible at bossing in general. It's the very reason you play FO/TE and TE/any other viable sub for raids. Making chase weaker but applicable to bosses would dowright kill the combos further for the more mainstream builds. It would be a straight buff for SU and HU ( along with GU or BO if you're willing to go that path), but said classes are already heavy on skill management, and god knows adding SE management on top would feel clunky. Not that the idea is bad, but it would need tons of adjustements to either not be a gimmick or be OP.
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Apr 10, 2018 at 03:57 PM.