Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    ... just like dark souls...
    So you're saying Terran Phantoms is the Dark Souls of Extreme Quests?

solo pd srank expert unlock would have been better

Quote Originally Posted by NightlightPro View Post
    solo pd srank expert unlock would have been better
    PD's been powercreeped so hard that its not much of a challenge anymore.
    Its like a time attack,but for cubes instead of meseta.
    Spoiler!

Solo Deus when? (well with our luck it's gonna be Solo Omega PD)

Wow Deus in the 4-player XQ definitely hits harder than in Solo. I take 1100-1200 damage from Deus's big stab in Solo. In 4-player, it hits for 1500 at least.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

I wonder how many will meet the reqs. Being in party does lessen the skill demand, but the quest is also harder to brute force compared to old ones. Deus can take a lot of moons from parties that faceroll because of its 1hko capabilities, and it will get even worse on the last stage because of the damaging floor. Enemies arent as squishy either and they also scale based in party number, so if the DPS isnt high enough the mpa can lose all resources before finishing.

At the very least it should keep away those who never met the old XQ prereq. Doubt 4 of them in the same party would be able to finish the new req anytime soon unless they got a carry. But if the community indeed asked for this change, then there shouldnt be many people willing to carry

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Just tried it 10 times, just can't get past the first stage. Yggdrasil has way too much HP and outlast my reflexes, keep getting 1 hit killed. Even if I could survive, the next stage would be too hard because I would have failed the stage order. And if by some miracle I would make it to stage 3, Phaleg would kick my ass like she keep doing when I tried to challenge her in EP4. Maybe if this was 20 years ago and I still had the sort of reflexes that allowed me to finish cruel and cheap games, but not today when I'm getting close to my 40'
    fo solo clear is about learning enemy attack patterns, using a good strategy, and most importantly of all being patient.

1) deus has 5 types of attack patterns besides his phase change: 1 slash (upgraded to 3 in phase2), AoE explosions, roots from the ground, forward whirlwind slam, and jumping slam which sends a moving root out for 4-5 seconds. during phase1, slash, ground root, forward whirlwind, and the jump can be tech parried, no need to mirage with the exception of the moving root, i'd jump and mirage spam until that's gone to be completely safe after blocking the jump. ilgrants spam deus from 100 to 0 for safe completion, no compounds. during the explosions just stay outside the visual radius and spam. when he phase changes, just run away and let the attack play out til he's done trying to stun you. the key to killing deus is let the visual of his next attack start, then charge your ilgrants, don't try to spam as much as possible.

2) passing stage1 makes this one very, very easy for force. zondeel zandion the 3 wolgas. this almost always shocks all 3 and can kill them if you're strong enough. aratron is straightforward, just spam grants til his hammer is broken and then zanverse ilgrants or zonde0.

3) best strateg for phaleg based on my own run and watching a few others is phase1: ilbarta phase2: zanverse zandion then ilgrants. make sure to use talis during phase2 (don't worry about throwing your talis, not necessary). phase1 attacks can all be tech parried safely enough without falling victim to multihit. phase2 however, there are only a few that can be tech parried, so i'd always mirage to be safe. definitely learn her verbal cues in EP4 storyboard before seriously attempting this in XQ3 because it's crucial to fighting her efficiently.

4) cut a wide path at the start and go to angel (apprentice and chrome will aggro each other). kill angel with light techs or baran, just be mindful of occasional chrome laser or ground spikes. chrome air spikes will aggro apprentice, not you. after angel, rod ilgrants apprentice and zanverse + zandion her if she's close to chrome. she has quite a lot of hp, so don't underestimate how long she'll last. once chrome is left, grants or ilgrants are both fine on his head. i would avoid tech parry on him because he has many multi-set attacks, so mirage is safer.

5) hunar is definitely the most dangerous due to his high atk values. however, talis + light techs do a load of damage to him. assuming you passed 4, you can do 30k ilgrants hits to his body and over 200k grants hits to sword once he draws it. i'd mirage everything he does to be absolutely safe. only a few attacks can be tech parried safely. one specific strategy i've noticed is to fight him along the edge of the arena, not in the middle. this will keep him close to a wall, so that when he does ground pound and sends out his circling energy beams, they'll dissipate quickly into the walls. a barantsion at the start is safe, after that i'd only do zandion to not kill yourself on accident. hunar already one shots you, so don't be scared to PPC. you may as well to avoid running out of pp.

deus, phaleg, and hunar are turn based bosses meaning they will attack you and you have a short time to cast whatever tech (usually ilgrants in this case) before miraging/blocking the next attack.

hero can just fly high and spam vapor bullet to finish those XQ without much effort -_-

I have a question, do you think 'western players generally not playing as good as Japanese players' (which I've heard ALOT in the past) has more to do with latency & lag than actual raw skill?

Quote Originally Posted by Electrochemist View Post
    I have a question, do you think 'western players generally not playing as good as Japanese players' (which I've heard ALOT in the past) has more to do with latency & lag than actual raw skill?
    ping does very little to affect typical gameplay until it's 300+. even then you can still perform very well, only small things are significantly affected (e.g. lobby action dash cancelling)