Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zulastar View Post
    It don't have premium boosts.

Same enemy attack with same speed, when I dodge it I do same actions each time. But sometimes I lose HP right in a middle of a dodge. How can you explain this if it isn't a ping?

As for Phaleg I have a problem now with, her attack have a pretty high speed, so when I see it starting and try to dodge due to ping game engine decided that attack successful and dodge don't work at all, or don't even activate 'cause of incomig damage.
    What milranduil said and basically how it works.

Hero step counter has a specific amount of invulnerable frames, and when you hear the ting, you might already be near the end of said invul. If you press button a millisecond too late while standing in an active hitbox after an early step, you will inevitably be hit. It's the reason why you need to very carefully choose a direction to step into and time counter well to avoid finding yourself in this situation

A good example here is Deus Hunar forward whirlwind, which lasts forever and the attack itself actually hits later than what the visual indicates. This means you will tend to step too early, get a late Hero counter ting, and get hit anyway if you stepped forward or backward. Only way to reliably deal with it is to sidestep it to be sure to be outside of the hitbox when triggering counter. This kind of reasoning applies to pretty much every lingering/multi-hit attack, which are the hardest to deal with as Hero. If you do make the right decision and execute well, Hero Counter will always work properly.

For Phaleg, there is nothing you can do but grind the fight. Phaleg is indeed too fast to purely react to what she does. It's the reason why she has obvious tells on every attack, and your dodging should always be timed according to the tell, and not to when she actually moves

Finally game is client-side so ping doesn't have any say in this kind of matter. What could matter tho is computer lag, which can delay your inputs or make some windows less forgiving due to low FPS. If anything I'd look into that before looking into ping (I'm EU, and I have over 200ms to Japan, and it never prevented me from dodging properly)
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Mar 27, 2018 at 07:02 PM.

The only annoying part of Deus Hunar is when it jumps a bit and puts a root on the ground, the one that can lurk towards you 4 times. It can break the timing that I'd rather move away for a while.

The easiest stage is 2, then 4 (or 3 in 4-man's quest if you prefer not to fight phaleg).

In the end, the expert match will be filled with:
    really good players
    good players with their group
    ... players with huge HP, Def, Resist, and patience

I think it might be easier to play with a full party, too bad I am not willing to. But I am fine with 4 man's quest as a requirement for expert block. The XQ is challenging enough that it would force the people to form a party that learns together.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    The only annoying part of Deus Hunar is when it jumps a bit and puts a root on the ground, the one that can lurk towards you 4 times. It can break the timing that I'd rather move away for a while.

The easiest stage is 2, then 4 (or 3 in 4-man's quest if you prefer not to fight phaleg).

In the end, the expert match will be filled with:
    really good players
    good players with their group
    ... players with huge HP, Def, Resist, and patience

I think it might be easier to play with a full party, too bad I am not willing to. But I am fine with 4 man's quest as a requirement for expert block. The XQ is challenging enough that it would force the people to form a party that learns together.
    ... and with a bit of luck you might end up in a 12 player party for the next EQ

I passed Gu in 7mins but Hu in 21mins lolol,i really need better S-atk gear (Went full guard stance Hu/Su trying to pass the orders)
    Melee isnt really my forte for gear but the extra crests are nice.
    Im also not very good at phaleg,bweh.

Only 7 classes to go 【・ヘ・ 】
    Last edited by Moffen; Mar 27, 2018 at 10:23 PM.
    Spoiler!

Used my tryhard Te / Hu build and my group with a Ra / Hu, Hu / Fi, and Hr managed to get the expert clear. Only stage 5 was really a problem with our group, but even then no more than two people were dead on the ground at any time during that fight.

Goes to show even those of us in that weird line of not good enough to be considered pros but too good to be considered average can still meet the requirement with some team effort.
    Last edited by ZER0 DX; Mar 27, 2018 at 10:22 PM.
    PSO2 - Ian: Level 90/90 Human Bouncer/Hunter

WAAAAAAAHHHHH! THIS IS TOO DAMN HARD! NERF IT PLEASE LORD SEGA!
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by Great Pan View Post
    WAAAAAAAHHHHH! THIS IS TOO DAMN HARD! NERF IT PLEASE LORD SEGA!
    you get into expert by clearing the 4 man one, you basically get in scott free

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    you get into expert by clearing the 4 man one, you basically get in scott free
    isnt hero pan the person who literally just shitposts and never actually brings anything worthwhile to any of the threads they participate in?

I wanted to wait for the expert title change before wasting my time with this XQ but I couldn't wait.
    Terran Phantoms, Guard Stance Hu/Su with maxed Flash and Flash Tech Guard, no team buff and large HP drink for that sweet 2k HP and Chainsawd.
    Took me like 5 minutes for Stage 1 and another 5 for Stage 2, most stuff(except Deus, Hunar and Angel/Chrome big hits) hits like a wet noodle. But at the end Omega Hunar killed me with multihit and Automate couldn't keep up, I could parry but I wanted to tank it

Quote Originally Posted by ralf542 View Post
    I wanted to wait for the expert title change before wasting my time with this XQ but I couldn't wait.
    Terran Phantoms, Guard Stance Hu/Su with maxed Flash and Flash Tech Guard, no team buff and large HP drink for that sweet 2k HP and Chainsawd.
    Took me like 5 minutes for Stage 1 and another 5 for Stage 2, most stuff(except Deus, Hunar and Angel/Chrome big hits) hits like a wet noodle. But at the end Omega Hunar killed me with multihit and Automate couldn't keep up, I could parry but I wanted to tank it
    disgusting