Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Do you have to manually go into your Equip to swap weapons? Because i read sometimes as though some people Macro it somehow so they can switch weapons?

Oh and i started using the WALS, and i have to say watching the Enemies in the Caves tear lumps out of each other is so god damn satisfying hahahaha i've literally just been sat at the door, confusing all the enemies in the room and just stood there, laughing like some kind of evil genius in Real Life hahah getting some funny looks off my Cat roflmao!!!

Fox

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxUK View Post
    Oh and Rapid, my expert Guide thus far, i have only managed to find a Charge Raygun and Charge Laser so far and they were random drops.
    I mean the Charge Mechs from the Shop! On ULT you can get them with 50hit sometimes(if lucky) also with 50% on some random attribute.

To be honest i don't use rifles that often, i sure did back then when i started with my RA/marl/caseal, it is a safe way to play if you are underleveled, but the progress is so slow plus the specials hit so random it is almost useless. Pretty much my standard gear on a RA is 50hit Charge Mechs, Baranz Launcher (50hit Charge Shoot can do the job too) and a Frozen Shooter/Yasminkov 3000R(mostly for online co-op)...for solo or hunting(depending on the quest and class) i add a S-rank Zalure Gun, S-rank Zalure/Demon's Needle, Spreed Needle, Snow Queen and 50hit Charge Rifle.

Do you have to manually go into your Equip to swap weapons? Because i read sometimes as though some people Macro it somehow so they can switch weapons?
    Yes you do, set them manually so you can easily access the ones you need.
    In my case, Mechs/Shoot/Rifle ect.

Oh and i started using the WALS, and i have to say watching the Enemies in the Caves tear lumps out of each other is so god damn satisfying hahahaha i've literally just been sat at the door, confusing all the enemies in the room and just stood there, laughing like some kind of evil genius in Real Life hahah getting some funny looks off my Cat roflmao!!!
    Try to hunt down Bringer's Right Arm, it is way better.

PS.
    Red Mechguns ain't a bad choice either for offline, but not as effective as Charge Mechs with hit.

Rapid99
    Last edited by Rapid99; Mar 29, 2018 at 09:39 AM.
    |  |
    |  |∧_∧
    |_|´・ω・`) そ~~・・・
    |塩|o旦 o
    | ̄|―u'
    """"""""""

I think i've maybe got used to just using one weapon type, prob why the pause after firing a Mechgun etc feels so long to me, but i will keep my eye out for a Charge Mechgun, one thing i've run into is that my Bank Meseta is now full at 999,999

Charge weapons use Gil to fire a "Powerful" attack right? Is it a certain amount of Meseta each time?

And sorry to sound probably really dumb but what do you mean Set weapons so you can access them easily? Do you mean as in how they appear in your Inventory? Like not sorting your items etc so they stay at the top of your Inventory list?

Fox
    Last edited by SlyFoxUK; Mar 29, 2018 at 04:56 PM.

Yes. It's generally 200 mesata per hit for charge special.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyleo View Post
    Yes. It's generally 200 mesata per hit for charge special.
    What sort of damage does this do then? is it very noticeable?

Fox

And sorry to sound probably really dumb but what do you mean Set weapons so you can access them easily? Do you mean as in how they appear in your Inventory? Like not sorting your items etc so they stay at the top of your Inventory list?
    You have the option to sort your inventory automatically or do it manually, sort them manually so you can put them in order of use for an easy access when you need a specific weapon.

What sort of damage does this do then? is it very noticeable?
    List of Specials and what they do.

Rapid99
    |  |
    |  |∧_∧
    |_|´・ω・`) そ~~・・・
    |塩|o旦 o
    | ̄|―u'
    """"""""""

Thanks Rapid, i kinda feel like you two should get the Forum Tag "Helper Mags" because considering the 60hrs plus on my Ranger i still know nothing really haha and you two have been a huge help.

I've made a list of these weapons and i'm going to have a look where they all come from and make note of it.

Edit- After getting midway through my research all the S Rank stuff is Online only, and i can't get Online

Edit 2 - I can see what some people have told me about why they don't play the GC version, some of these weapons, Spread Needle for example, needs you to kill a LOT of enemies for it to drop, Spread Needle says to kill Claws in Vhard Ruins over 100k times, slightly disheartened i must say lol..

Fox
    Last edited by SlyFoxUK; Mar 30, 2018 at 07:26 AM.

Edit- After getting midway through my research all the S Rank stuff is Online only, and i can't get Online
    Online only and you need at least one skilled player to finish the Challenge mode (2 players minimum) to get the S-rank weapon. You can only solo Offline Challenge mode if you play on 2 controllers (can be challenging and fun). Look at the Dolphin emulator forums there is probable a guide there how get online.

Edit 2 - I can see what some people have told me about why they don't play the GC version, some of these weapons, Spread Needle for example, needs you to kill a LOT of enemies for it to drop, Spread Needle says to kill Claws in Vhard Ruins over 100k times, slightly disheartened i must say lol..
    Your information is a bit off, those drop charts are for the Dreamcast version with ludicrous drop rates, for Lamecebe you need to look the first charts table!

Spread Needle, it is another story getting a needle with hit.

In your case Greennill:Ultimate:Ruins - Merlan - 1/901

Rapid99
    Last edited by Rapid99; Mar 30, 2018 at 10:02 AM.
    |  |
    |  |∧_∧
    |_|´・ω・`) そ~~・・・
    |塩|o旦 o
    | ̄|―u'
    """"""""""

Ah ok so won't be as bad as the charts i saw made it out to be, i went with your advice on using Charge weaponry tho (yes i know ya said Shooter or Mechgun :P) i took the Charge Laser out for a spin, and my god does it hit hard lol well not AMAZING one shot kill hard hahaha but still better than my Hard attack and i know i'm 74 now but its sped up my clear of Forest Ult for sure, things just die much much quicker.

I've attached a screen so you can see my current Equip for that as i tried to use as much HR as possible until i'm lucky with the shop.

Another good question for you Rapid, the Shop resets it's goods every time you leave and go back to Pioneer 2 right? Meaning i could (if i wanted to spam buy Teles) keep resetting the shop to find what i want?

Fox

GPOE8P-17.jpg

Another good question for you Rapid, the Shop resets it's goods every time you leave and go back to Pioneer 2 right? Meaning i could (if i wanted to spam buy Teles) keep resetting the shop to find what i want?
    Yes the Shop changes the items they sell, so every time you pipe back to the Ship (to Bank items or shop for mates ect.) check the weapon shop.

Also push your Redria up and try to find a God/Battle unit, it will make your life way easier with the 30% attack speed boost.

Rapid99
    |  |
    |  |∧_∧
    |_|´・ω・`) そ~~・・・
    |塩|o旦 o
    | ̄|―u'
    """"""""""