Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    I mean the dual blades get a pass; still technically different enough from the partisan. clearly part of an atheistic set.
    the daggers are what the 13* jet boot that elder/loser drop was based on originally, but yeah still that doesnt get a pass.
    the other two dont get passes either. I knew there were 2 recolors of the 4000F, but seeing one used like this seems wrong.

would have rather seen omega loser be loser's AI for a higher difficulty, but I guess this also means they get to cut out Apos Dorios from this ordeal; which I'll admit while it's also a fun fight, the "spam the minion boss" phase thing got old real fast
    Well the whole thing is a Loser revamp, but still many more changes than what they did with PD Rework
    - Brand new pattern(s). I'm fairly certain there will be at least one or two changes that hasn't been showcased
    - The whole time change deal definitely changes the dynamics of the fight. Since Loser is Light/Dark weak. I also suspect some tweaks to the puzzle aspect of the fight ( even if it's just changed from mirage to Poison, it would change a lot since Zanverse wouldn't be a free way to open clock anymore).
    - Lazy or not, the fight still comes with a reworked theme, arena ,model and visual effects, which takes a lot more time than one would think. The fight also ties to the story.

So yeah it's kind of silly to brand it as a "new" EQ but at the same time, It would be even more so to be the same EQ except it's visually and mechanically changed.
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Mar 31, 2018 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Well the whole thing is a Loser revamp, but still many more changes than what they did with PD Rework
    - Brand new pattern(s). I'm fairly certain there will be at least one or two changes that hasn't been showcased
    - The whole time change deal definitely changes the dynamics of the fight. Since Loser is Light/Dark weak. I also suspect some tweaks to the puzzle aspect of the fight ( even if it's just changed from mirage to Poison, it would change a lot since Zanverse wouldn't be a free way to open clock anymore).
    - Lazy or not, the fight still comes with a reworked theme, arena ,model and visual effects, which takes a lot more time than one would think. The fight also ties to the story.

So yeah it's kind of silly to brand it as a "new" EQ but at the same time, It would be even more so to be the same EQ except it's visually and mechanically changed.
    Light and Dark weakness, what a strange combo.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

I think it'd be cool to have different difficulties have different narratives for why you are there and why things are different this time; but that would kind of need to be something they would have had to plan out more from the beginning. that or they could have reworked the original Loser EQ to consolidate Apos Dorios into the main fight, like Double is to PD (same with falz arms and elder, heck even make it so you can kill an individual arm and have elder replace it and shrink in the process, then maybe when there's 2 arms left he decides to enter the fight himself!)

but also I guess they would want to keep to their design philosophy of making almost everything available for normal, so eh maybe like normal-vh/sh could share the same story for the sake of simplicity; but that could really just be something they gotta do due to the nature of the EQ system so idk

point is, they aren't gonna do it; either because they didnt think of that before it was too late in the development cycle, somebody upsatairs told them no, or somebody upstairs isnt managing the money right, which between the three of these things covers like 99% of the things they mess up in this game

Emilia costume and new DF loser. Good enough for me.

they make a lot of money and have a good enough sized team (even if they are hiring but of course i dont doubt the company downsized the team over time and allocated others to other projects not pso2 related) that theres no way this would takes months (much since the beginning of Ep5) for them to do with already existing assets and slight tweaks to music etc to push out as "new" content. Almost like Destiny content but we arent going there

So yeah it's kind of silly to brand it as a "new" EQ
    yes it is

Omega Loser was probably planned since Esca Falz Mother came out i think, based on the time people datamined new data on Loser
    test

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    they make a lot of money and have a good enough sized team (even if they are hiring but of course i dont doubt the company downsized the team over time and allocated others to other projects not pso2 related) that theres no way this would takes months (much since the beginning of Ep5) for them to do with already existing assets and slight tweaks to music etc to push out as "new" content. Almost like Destiny content but we arent going there
    It does take months to make completely new raid bosses, and they have one planned for summer during this roadmap. We also had dragon a few months ago. We all know Loser is more of a filler, like PD revamp was. But they actually dedicated decent resources to make the thing more fresh while preparing for other things. True lazy would have been put Omega Angel in the new story BQ field, make it an EQ with new DaB weapon CF and call a day. It would have certainly taken them less time and people would have bitched about it anyway.
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Apr 4, 2018 at 04:31 AM.

I'm expecting that anyway. Maybe not the EQ, but some more things showing up in BQs, sure.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

a lot of it seems more like issues with management to me really

True lazy would have been put Omega Angel in the new story BQ field, make it an EQ with new DaB weapon CF and call a day. It would have certainly taken them less time and people would have bitched about it anyway.
    Really wish they would do that because the story BQ field looks incredible and would fix all the issues people had with the wasteland map :c
    Spoiler!