Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moffen View Post
    Really wish they would do that because the story BQ field looks incredible and would fix all the issues people had with the wasteland map :c
    I'd also love to see the recent story mode chapter's background/landscape used in some way for an EQ or some other content. It seems like it shouldn't be confined to just the story mode.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    It does take months to make completely new raid bosses, and they have one planned for summer during this roadmap. We also had dragon a few months ago. We all know Loser is more of a filler, like PD revamp was. But they actually dedicated decent resources to make the thing more fresh while preparing for other things. True lazy would have been put Omega Angel in the new story BQ field, make it an EQ with new DaB weapon CF and call a day. It would have certainly taken them less time and people would have bitched about it anyway.
    with the severe lack of content i still dont believe it takes them forever to push out stuff buts like i said already. also still inclined to believe theyre working on PSO3 too, only got 4yrs left on pso2

Huuuh we still got BQ LQ and Dragon, original maps for story mode (which usually happen a lot later), new solo XQ,new seasonal maps,(something they usually never do) and Omega Loser coming

comparatively EP4 only had old seasonal maps with Tokyo + Yamato and PD revamp at around the same date. EP3 gave us Shironia + its EQ and Magatsu at this time.

I'm not arguing on the fact EP5 and its content has been lackluster, but that has to do more with the lack of incentive and difficulty than the work put into the quests asset-wise. BQ was supposed to keep people busy and it failed at that because of the poor implementation (no variation whatsoever, going from stringent to irrelevant stamina system, buster medals dropping in main match 6 months after the fact). Dragon also failed because outside of miraculous SSA drop or miraculous *14, there is little to no incentive to run it. Forest LQ alone went without a real cinch imo (then again I loved Winged Border Breaker on its release while other people hated it so opinions) but it's gone now.

tl;dr there is not less content than before, It's just that current content has little to no incentive to be run

The problem is they shouldn't be working on these huge spectacle raid boss thingies that get boring after the second try in the first place. It was still fine when it was only elder and loser, but now that's where all the development time goes to in addition to shit blast. All they needed to do was to fix what they already have, make the content legitimately challenging and at the same time more rewarding instead of the cakewalk/one shot with 0 reward situation we're in. I know the chain of events that lead to this being impossible and the game being on life support as long as there are people paying for it. It's probably too much work to fix the game at this point so they keep stringing people along with shiny big raid bosses

Honestly I hope XH omega Loser matches up with the difficulty level of the new XQs considering its also a lvl 80 requirement, that XQ is the first time I had to actually focus on what I was doing in a long time of playing this game.

having a raid boss that could definitely keep players actually threatened without any gimmicks (cough laco sword cough) would honestly be a really neat challenge.

as long as OL drops crests I'll probably be running it fairly often regardless.

They were boasting nu Luther as a much harder quest, so theres that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    with the severe lack of content i still dont believe it takes them forever to push out stuff buts like i said already. also still inclined to believe theyre working on PSO3 too, only got 4yrs left on pso2
    Last year Sakai has said in dengeki interview that they are exclusively focusing on making PSO2, no time for other projects.
    Its not like theres not much that have been added, its just that they have been feature creeping for two years, while main progression is still stuck in ep3.

They constantly throw in more and more dead end systems, like riding quest or gathering, and then jump on to something else, now theres dark blast and buster and super special abilities and pvp and and and,
    but you still run XH, turn dio series into cubes and hope that Ult Amduscia time attack quest maybe gets free field modules before it turns two years old.
    Last edited by Golgotha; Apr 6, 2018 at 05:53 PM.

I wouldn't really compare gathering to riding quests.

I mean, it's bland as all hell, but it's still something that can have actual rewards, either by way of rings or Meseta via CO's.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugs View Post

I mean, it's bland as all hell, but it's still something that can have actual rewards, either by way of rings or Meseta via CO's.
    I thought your name was drugs not dugs lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    But if u take mpa with a lot boses in 1 time, and if FI have war cry lv10 ,FI win
    -----------------------Flashing-----------------------------------------------Tagami--------------------------
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugs View Post
    They are not equivalent of course, but it was confirmed to not get any traction, thats the point I was making. I wouldnt consider gambling in free fields for 100k item as significant enrichment of gameplay anyway, but regardless of that, they are extremely hesitant to add perturbations in general stuff, I think the best highlight was changing how ult fields work, and also maybe AQ fields.

Quote Originally Posted by Golgotha View Post
    They are not equivalent of course, but it was confirmed to not get any traction, thats the point I was making. I wouldnt consider gambling in free fields for 100k item as significant enrichment of gameplay anyway, but regardless of that, they are extremely hesitant to add perturbations in general stuff, I think the best highlight was changing how ult fields work, and also maybe AQ fields.
    The new AQ fields so far were literally useless. All they've done is provide a Quest that drops Pyroxenes you could already get from Free Fields which can be exchanged for extremely outdated 13* Weapons. Reducing Gathering just to the 100k DO is a little dishonest btw. Gathering is responsible for Rings and Cooking which further expanded character building and preparation for Quests (pretty much every Solo PD or Solo EQ video on Youtube has people eat some kind of dish). Besides Omega *is* getting a free field soon and the Material Storage will become more accessible once added to the SG shop so I wouldn't be surprised if we got more Rings in the future. Hero is still lacking interesting Ring options since launch.