Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Interesting that you didn't go with the beast look.
    Spoiler!

@yoshiblue: Since officially in PSO2's story there are no Beasts (except for that one time Laia showed up in the lobby), I have a story reason as to why she doesn't look like one at this point in time.
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Anduril; May 9, 2018 at 12:49 AM.

So Bored
    Spoiler!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Just some notes:
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Anduril; May 18, 2018 at 04:39 PM.

Spoiler!

@yoshiblue
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Anduril; May 19, 2018 at 04:51 PM.

So no actual short story today, but I have updated the intro post with some new information and backstories that I wanted to get written down, including:
    • A slight title change
    • Surnames
    • Expansion and rewriting of major character bios
    • Bios for minor characters that have been referenced in some of the stories
    • A relationship chart showing the connections between my characters in a bright, visual fashion

I admit, I made some kinda lame references to other media in the new bios and surnames, but they seemed like good ideas to my cold medicine riddled brain.

Oh, also a couple of days ago, I added an audio reading of the script "We Both Have Pretty Bad Vision" to give an idea of what I was going for with it; both voices are mine, but they are heavily modified (and I was already starting to lose my voice when I recorded them).

Sounds good. Kinda surprised Stukasa hasn't done the same. Though I would understand if it was due to it being hard to contain spoilers, or having to update it often, haha. Gives people an idea of what they are somewhat imagining, so that's cool.

I think front loading something like this only really works with disjointed stories that don't follow a direct narrative since it fills in gaps that may not actually be included in the main works (like "Fynn and the Outrageous Quest to Fillet Bal Rodos!" will never be anything more than a background thing Kayla or Noland mention offhand, but by reading his bio, you know it is related to food prep rather than actually going out to kill a Bal Rodos, or like by knowing that Trudy and Summer are cousins, realizing that Ophelia was most likely also at the same wedding Kayla wore that black dress to).
    For plot heavy and continuous works, like stukasa's, profiles and/or relationship charts would probably work better as appendices or interspersed as supplementary material since it could be spoiler heavy (more of a "it's been a few chapters, so here is a basic roundup of what you should know going forward from this point" kinda thing).
    Last edited by Anduril; May 24, 2018 at 01:30 PM.

The whole "children and parents" thing screams Rugrats for some reason...
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymek View Post
    The whole "children and parents" thing screams Rugrats for some reason...
    Darn it! You discovered my secret plan all along: to remake All Growed Up! but set in the PSO2 universe.
    Joking aside, I would love for you to elaborate; aside from the fact that I am adding information about parents (which is something, I admit, isn't usually done by people in fan fiction unless they are doing a whole generational story thing), I'm not seeing how you are making that connection.