Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I really want a PS Vita!?

Ok so here we go. I really love the PS Vita. But were so close to the next gen games (or are we?) and I'm scared that it'll get outdated fast. Plus I don't have any money for it. I do have an xbox 360, and I'm wondering is it a good idea to sell my Xbox 360 for $250 on amazon or something? I love PS Vita and PS3 and the online is free (i still pay for xbox though) and it's getting Phantasy Star Online 2 for JP tomorrow! I wish I had chosen it instead of the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 for Christmas. I want to get the Black Ops Declassified game and PSO2. I really look forward to getting it whenever I can. My friend would play stuff together all the TIME! And she doesn't have an xbox. I have ps3 and she does too but I want a PS Vita so.

... Did I go back in time or something?

Nowadays the only reason to get a PS Vita is if you're interested in playing JRPGs or importing Japanese games. Other than that, I would put your money elsewhere.

The Vita port of PSO2 is really meh. It plays fine when playing solo, but the more players there are on screen, the more the framerate chugs, even going into single digit framerates during emergency quests. You also don't have access to the English patch with this version.

If you want to play PSO2, just download the PC version. It looks far nicer, plays far nicer, is free, and you get more control options. You also don't have to worry about spending an additional £60+ on a 32GB memory card.

Consider a PS4. F2P MMO's don't require PS+ for Online either.

Apparently it went over everyone else's head that he wants to get Black Ops: Declassified (released in Nov 2012), and got a Galaxy Tab 2.7.0 (released in Feb 2012) for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonickyle27 View Post
    Nowadays the only reason to get a PS Vita is if you're interested in playing JRPGs or importing Japanese games. Other than that, I would put your money elsewhere.

The Vita port of PSO2 is really meh. It plays fine when playing solo, but the more players there are on screen, the more the framerate chugs, even going into single digit framerates during emergency quests. You also don't have access to the English patch with this version.

If you want to play PSO2, just download the PC version. It looks far nicer, plays far nicer, is free, and you get more control options. You also don't have to worry about spending an additional £60+ on a 32GB memory card.
    I mean, CFW is a thing now, and with CFW you can spend like 5 bucks and get an adapter that allows you to use a normal SD card, similar to the flash carts of the old DS/3DS days.
    [Synthetica]
    |Rave Core|
    [HU:48|FI:1|RA:1|GU:1|FO:51|TE:46|BR:69|BO:25|SU:1]
    My Sound Cloud

Vita is a great platform with many great ports, but if you just want it for PSO2, you're gonna be disappointed. I own a Vita and only play PSO2 on it to do my featured quests during my lunch break at work. Like Sonickyle27, good enough for solo play, runs like shit during when you have other players. I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped supporting the game on that platform after EP5, especially if SONY announces a Vita 2 at E3 or TGS this year.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMettaurX View Post
    I mean, CFW is a thing now, and with CFW you can spend like 5 bucks and get an adapter that allows you to use a normal SD card, similar to the flash carts of the old DS/3DS days.
    Unfortunately for people like me, that isn't an option (for now) unless I replace the motherboard with one with an earlier firmware version, which I ain't touching just to use an SD card :^/

Quote Originally Posted by Sonickyle27 View Post
    Unfortunately for people like me, that isn't an option (for now) unless I replace the motherboard with one with an earlier firmware version, which I ain't touching just to use an SD card :^/
    Not that I support piracy or anything, but we should get Henkaku or whatever it's not release will be called for firmware 3.67 either by the end of the year or by the beginning of 2019. Basically, the person making Henkaku is basically waiting for all the major releases to be over so that almost every games will run before releasing it. If he were to release it now, SONY could make another firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMettaurX View Post
    From what I understand, PSO2 Updates force Firmware updates on you so the Adapter isn't really an option.The game updates every 2 weeks.

Not that I support piracy or anything, but we should get Henkaku or whatever it's not release will be called for firmware 3.67 either by the end of the year or by the beginning of 2019. Basically, the person making Henkaku is basically waiting for all the major releases to be over so that almost every games will run before releasing it. If he were to release it now, SONY could make another firmware.
    That's not the Issue. If you want Henkaku you NEED firmware 3.60. You can upgrade from 3.60 to 3.65 and keep Henkaku but you can't install Henkaku from 3.65 Firmware. And 3.65 still isn't the newest firmware.