Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default High Level Bonus Topic Predictions

While people are putting their focus on the new class skills, most of you seem to be ignoring the new High Level Bonus:

If you know anything about skill trees, you'll have noticed with time that icons that are the same will have a similar fonction. Looking at the icon for High Level Bonus, only 4 other skills have that same exact same one:

[Su] All Attack Bonus 1 & 2 (15% ATK bonus)
    [Su] & [Hr] All Attacks Up (50 ATK for all types)
    [Su] All Attacks High Up (150 ATK for all types)
    [Hr] Hero Boost (60% ATK bonus)

So, do you think High Level Bonus will be a % boost or simply add ATK? Also, how much % or ATK do you think we'll get?
    Last edited by the_importer_; Apr 15, 2018 at 11:24 AM.

Personal opinion is that it will mimic the current Rare Mastery <class> skill. So we will probably get X% bonus to all damage done. As to how much that X% will be, wild guess is 10%.

I'd say %, if only because giving level 85 to Basic classes is meant to help bridge the observed gap between Basic classes and Advanced classes. Giving a set amount of power instead of a proportional increase would go against the core concept, at this point.
    I'm well aware that many players believe their chosen class to be capable of matching up to Hero, and they wouldn't be wrong-- only, this'll help everyone to do so with their skill tree.
    Insert signature that details my numerous PSO2 characters and years of various PSO-related gaming experience here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Personal opinion is that it will mimic the current Rare Mastery <class> skill. So we will probably get X% bonus to all damage done. As to how much that X% will be, wild guess is 10%.
    Ya, but like I said before, icons tend to represent the same thing, so it would need to be "All Attack Bonus" at 10% instead of 15% for this to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Will_Nonheim View Post
    I'd say %, if only because giving level 85 to Basic classes is meant to help bridge the observed gap between Basic classes and Advanced classes. Giving a set amount of power instead of a proportional increase would go against the core concept, at this point.
    I'm well aware that many players believe their chosen class to be capable of matching up to Hero, and they wouldn't be wrong-- only, this'll help everyone to do so with their skill tree.
    I know, having capped all 10 classes, I can tell without a doubt that playing Hr was like playing with cheat codes. Never have I had such an easy time playing with a class that's out of my "natural" playing style.

Hero isn't getting anything for 85? Just more points to get more existing skills?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Hero isn't getting anything for 85? Just more points to get more existing skills?
    Hero doesn't get level cap increased at all.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Hero doesn't get level cap increased at all.
    Where did you read that, almost seems impossible. I know we didn't see a new skill, but no level increase, I don't think so.

This time only non hero classes get a cap increase, hero stars 80 for now.

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Where did you read that, almost seems impossible. I know we didn't see a new skill, but no level increase, I don't think so.
    Have you been misreading the news for the past months? Bumped always said "Regular/Standard Class level cap 85" regular class referring to everything but Hero since it's an advanced class. Even the new PSO2 station recap says this.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Have you been misreading the news for the past months? Bumped always said "Regular/Standard Class level cap 85" regular class referring to everything but Hero since it's an advanced class. Even the new PSO2 station recap says this.

More like never paid attention to it. I knew Hr was considered to be in a different class, but I never expected a class to be kept at a lower level, that's unheard of in any RPG that I've ever played.