Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    Also the fuck you mean b @ that's what sega wants you to do. they absolutely want you to take that shit and not "think about it" that's why they're gimmies that work with the meta combos to apologize for hero.
    I mean what I said. You can read the Dengeki Article and translate it for yourself. If you don't like the Penalty then don't level this skill. It doesn't cost SP so you have the option to do so at any time. This is also the exact same thing people will say when you bring up that the new Su skill makes Deadline strats slower.

But lets say the Insurance skill wouldn't have the penalty. GGwp Fighter is now basically immortal. Not only you have some of the best damage multipliers to work with, you also have Hero Will that isn't once per quest any time you activate Limit Break. Might as well spend the 10 SP of IW on HP ups to make Death even less likely or go full cookie cutter because LBI would take the Risk out of the Risk & Reward class that is Fighter without reducing the reward too much.

Ultimately I find it a little ridiculous to call a skill bad just because it has a penalty that prevents it from being OP on any build possible. You have to play carefully and not die with or without it or affix accordingly & party with a Te to make death as unlikely as possible. Also I think you're extremely overselling the "Dying because of random BS". We aren't playing Phantasy Star Nova.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    I mean what I said. You can read the Dengeki Article and translate it for yourself. If you don't like the Penalty then don't level this skill. It doesn't cost SP so you have the option to do so at any time. This is also the exact same thing people will say when you bring up that the new Su skill makes Deadline strats slower.

But lets say the Insurance skill wouldn't have the penalty. GGwp Fighter is now basically immortal. Not only you have some of the best damage multipliers to work with, you also have Hero Will that isn't once per quest any time you activate Limit Break. Might as well spend the 10 SP of IW on HP ups to make Death even less likely or go full cookie cutter because LBI would take the Risk out of the Risk & Reward class that is Fighter without reducing the reward too much.

Ultimately I find it a little ridiculous to call a skill bad just because it has a penalty that prevents it from being OP on any build possible. You have to play carefully and not die with or without it or affix accordingly & party with a Te to make death as unlikely as possible. Also I think you're extremely overselling the "Dying because of random BS". We aren't playing Phantasy Star Nova.
    Man I'm not saying it shouldnt have a penalty.

I'm saying that 15s or 20s or w/e i've been seeing is fairly hefty and ultimately loses value compared to IW.I was fine with it being 5-10s and taking priority over IW because at least then it becomes an ACTUAL choice on whether to take LBI with IW or opt for a different build, or leave LBI altogether.

And that goes for a lot of the new skills. They add very little value when PS Team themselves said they were trying to address the weaknesses of each class. Fo's skill isnt even addressing a weakness with the class, its addressing the weakness with ROD which is "its generally nothing but a compound stick." And even then, Rod saw its own use over talis due to convenience, speed and misc QoL skills attached to the weapon, so it's not even like Rod saw 0 use outside of compounds. Bo's skills doesnt even address a weakness period UNLESS its x/Bo in which sure, but then the skills are main class. Which is ??? as not all these skills need to be main class lmao.

The skills in a vacuum aren't good and arguably aren't worth the cons or even the pros if it wasnt for the fact its 0 SP. Why bother adding skills that generally give a lukewarm response at best from the general populace, especially after hearing complaint after complaint from your intended playerbase on how much it sucks that Hero is that much stronger than the rest of the standard classes? They could have done a lot of things, and this is all they could come up with.

And homie, im not overselling everything. There are dozens among dozens of instances where off-screen hitboxes and mismatched hitboxes will kill me and players in generally shrug the same attacks off and do not commit them to memory because they tank/survive that shit just fine. EP1-4 LQ is vividly burned in my mind due to the excessive range and size of the hitboxes from several of the enemies in the quest when running that shit as FiBr.
    Last edited by GHNeko; May 9, 2018 at 08:35 AM.

LB insurance penalty is bad for a single and very simple reason : its consequences are actually worse than death even on first death (barring quests with a death count like rematch Dragon). Remember, when you die with LB you already get a penalty, aside from eating the ground and doing nothing, which is the remaining duration of LB turning into additional cooldown time..

The time you spend without access to LB is actually a huge thing, since you lose 20% damage + crazy heart + crazy beat + HP/PP regen whenever you're not waltzing with death. LB pushes FI strengths (top notch damage and sustain) above other classes because without it, it's actually weaker than other melee classes. 20 seconds on top of a possibly lengthy cooldown if you died early in LB is basically a penalty that is far worse than even Hero Boost loss. On the other hand, dying, while being inconvenient and punishing enough, doesn't lock one of your core abilities with a lengthy cooldown. Sure the skill is completely optional so it's nothing to be overly sad about but it actually makes FI's main shortcoming (a.k.a overreliance on LB to do anything decent) more apparent rather than alleviating it
    Last edited by Zephyrion; May 9, 2018 at 01:51 PM.

So to trade for a Lumiere you need to have a +35 Schevelle of the same type, which requires dumb luck or grinding some of the worst quests in the game for CFs that end in 2 months (because nobody actually went out of their way for a Schevelle ages ago). Then you need to buy a demon weapon, get that to +35 and upgrade it. Then you need to be lucky enough to get not just the Jutus you want, but enough copies to +35 it as well. And all that for a 14* which doesn't have an S4 slot and has the lowest 14* stats.

Yeah, I can't see there will be too many people bothering with these.
    Last edited by Azure Falcon; May 9, 2018 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    So to trade for a Lumiere you need to have a +35 Schevelle of the same type, which requires dumb luck or grinding some of the worst quests in the game for CFs that end in 2 months (because nobody actually went out of their way for a Schevelle ages ago). Then you need to buy a demon weapon, get that to +35 and upgrade it. Then you need to be lucky enough to get not just the Jutus you want, but enough copies to +35 it as well. And all that for a 14* which doesn't have an S4 slot and has the lowest 14* stats.

Eh, I got enough materials to actually go and get Jutis & Upgrade it but Lumiere is just like 2% stronger (1 affix slot not occupied by S4 should even out the lower ATK compared to Atra) and has one of the least popular S4 abilities attached as the potential. It's just not worth it imo.

What worries me is the Pot of the Demon weapons. It looks identical to the Solo PD one if that mean we're gonna get a Solo Dragon Rematch Trigger then count me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post

It is indeed too much effort for so little gain. I actually got 6 copies of all weapons I favor by doing dragon and buster EQs just in case they were needed in the future, but I am not wasting my meseta for this.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    What worries me is the Pot of the Demon weapons. It looks identical to the Solo PD one if that mean we're gonna get a Solo Dragon Rematch Trigger then count me out.
    To me, it looks like the potential you are referring to actually applies to the 4-man Dragon Rematch that we already have.

The potential halves all incoming damage for that quest (or specifically from the dragon?). That's a pretty large effect. Is it worth the effort? Meh IMO.
    Last edited by Loveless62; May 9, 2018 at 03:48 PM.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

LBI: the skill that kills your DPS!

Lumiere is actually a teeny bit stronger than Atra before SSAs, and you can theoretically get as many of them as you want as long as you get the right Jutus weapons and have enough resources to throw at it. Its Pot even gives you an extra bonus via a pseudo-Hero Will and ladles HP regen on top if you use the Hero Will effect. Lumiere could make solid sub weapons given the right investment.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

I wonder if each Lumiere weapon has its own hero will proc...