Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

That te skill is the most retarded thing ever. First you design the class such that it needs to be up in the enemy's face to do damage and then you give it this ultimate hidden skill that implies the complete opposite. Even on the off chance that someone happens to play in a party this will see 0 use.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    I'm going to give Bo shit forever at this rate. Bo looked nice with 14*s but SEGA just has to remind me their skill tree design is a steaming pile of cow crap.
    ah you to see how much Sega has forgotten about this turd of class in this day in age. The whole class almost needs a full rework at this point, least skill wise.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyHeaven View Post
    That te skill is the most retarded thing ever. First you design the class such that it needs to be up in the enemy's face to do damage and then you give it this ultimate hidden skill that implies the complete opposite. Even on the off chance that someone happens to play in a party this will see 0 use.
    TE has talis for damage (of course varying on your Sub class) and not only that, it already has a super far reaching buff AoE. Having the TE in your party is a plus but with how most EQ's are, you are genuiely 90% of the time in range of the TE's buffs. It's not like you need a TE to actually play the game either

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyHeaven View Post
    Because long range classes like Ranger, Bow Braver and Force aren't a thing. Or how about BQ/ Dragon where everyone is constantly running around and/or hitting a different Leg? Not to mention Te/Fi and Te/Br are still a thing but what ever. The only people who think the new Te skill is retarded are the ones who haven't played that class since EP5 launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    TE has talis for damage (of course varying on your Sub class)
    Talis on Te are garbage for damage.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Because long range classes like Ranger, Bow Braver and Force aren't a thing. Or how about BQ/ Dragon where everyone is constantly running around and/or hitting a different Leg? Not to mention Te/Fi and Te/Br are still a thing but what ever. The only people who think the new Te skill is retarded are the ones who haven't played that class since EP5 launch.
    You shouldn't make that kind of statement because it's wrong.

Anyways, the TE skill is trash. It brings nothing. Addresses nothing. And it truly is badly designed in itself.
    - A good techer can place itself well to already buff most/all a MPA at once.
    - Buffs last a full 3 minutes and there are always events where everyone gathers to hit a weak point or is forced to go through which creates an opportunity for buffs. Even on the Dragon. It's less true on a Buster Quest but that content is easy anyway so embracing a skill for 1 set of mission doesn't make it good.
    - It works on the party only. Not the MPA, the party. At best, this covers 3 other people. Even when you party a lot, the non-MPA quests don't present any difficulty for buffing at all and in the MPAs, two thirds of the players (at best) are not covered anyway. And it boils down to my first and second points where there is actually no need for the skill at all any way because of player skills.
    Arada - PSO2: Ship 10 - Techer - Team master of Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by Arada View Post
    You shouldn't make that kind of statement because it's wrong.

Anyways, the TE skill is trash. It brings nothing. Addresses nothing. And it truly is badly designed in itself.
    - A good techer can place itself well to already buff most/all a MPA at once.
    - Buffs last a full 3 minutes and there are always events where everyone gathers to hit a weak point or is forced to go through which creates an opportunity for buffs. Even on the Dragon. It's less true on a Buster Quest but that content is easy anyway so embracing a skill for 1 set of mission doesn't make it good.
    - It works on the party only. Not the MPA, the party. At best, this covers 3 other people. Even when you party a lot, the non-MPA quests don't present any difficulty for buffing at all and in the MPAs, two thirds of the players (at best) are not covered anyway. And it boils down to my first and second points where there is actually no need for the skill at all any way because of player skills.
    I'm still middle ground about this skill, it doesn't bring a lot for sure, but it's still extra QoL in a few quests. Sure I wouldn't take it if it cost any SP, but it doesn't cost anything, so it's pretty much a lil freebie bonus (which most of these skills are, aside from FO, but we all know FO is a spoiled class balance-wise, so lol).

Incidentally this skill probably will help a lot in pretty much all the 4/4 content SEGA has been introducing as of late, since well, there is no mpa. Definitely not the skill I hoped for, but hey BO has it worse xD
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Apr 28, 2018 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arada View Post
    the TE skill is trash. It brings nothing. Addresses nothing. And it truly is badly designed in itself.
    Good for you but this skill fixes an issue that EP5 introduced and generaly speeds up the process of buffing / refreshing.

Not every class is melee and Dragon rematch brought some content where it's actually easy to die, while having an awfully large Arena to fight in (I wouldn't be surprised if the Trigger Version of Omega Loser hit harder as well). BQ's did the same thing and the suggestion of wasting Weak Point uptimes just to buff up the Party is ridiculous. You can't have both Zanverse and Shifta / Deband out at the same time so you're sacrificing so much DPS (even MPA DPS) just to do something you're going to be able to do at any time and any range with this new skill. Not to mention the new Wand PA might boost Techtors DPS into a more relevant territory where wasting time chasing after Party members to buff them up is even worse of an Idea. If you don't party at all then yeah it is a pretty useless skill but I find ignoring party makers pretty idiotic anyway.
    Last edited by XrosBlader821; Apr 28, 2018 at 11:36 AM.

Im happy the Te skill exists so my friend can shifta/deband me when im chaining Dragon Head/Omega Loser head.

Something that wasnt possible before without me dropping out the air.
    Spoiler!

New TE skill is both bad and good. The good parts:

- Easier to buff "person" party (up to 3 other members) without the requirement to get close to them.
    - It means that you don't need to get the Shifta/Deband crafts that extend their range by +2.00m
    - It is 3 times better in 4man content than in 12-man content
    - It also means that during phases where the 4-man group gathers up, the TE will not have to spend the first few seconds buffing up, since he can do it preemptively during "out-of-enemy-range" phases.

The bad parts:
    - 8 other mpa members still don't automatically get buffed
    - It's a buff that on average should find use every 2 and a half mins, less only if people die.
    - It nullifies the need for the +2.00m crafts...
    - While every other class gets a talent that increases their own performance in every content, for TE it is extremely situational. The only time it increases TE's direct performance, is when the TE player can take advantage to buff the mpa before a gather-up burst phase.

Now IF it also extended Anti, it would be somewhat better.

Quote Originally Posted by Moffen View Post
    Im happy the Te skill exists so my friend can shifta/deband me when im chaining Dragon Head/Omega Loser head.

Something that wasnt possible before without me dropping out the air.
    I think I mentioned airborne Heroes in the Livestream thread but yeah airborne Gunners would benefit from this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    - It nullifies the need for the +2.00m crafts...
    For me it's the reverse to be honest. Prior to this skill Multi Shifta had the faster ticks so it was more likely to apply a few of them before people would run out of range while also increasing the range by 1.00m. With this skill however your Party (the only 3 people you can actually track) is guaranteed to receive all 4 ticks so I'd say getting Concentrated versions now might be better just to make it more likely people from other Parties get buffed as well due to higher range. The half second shorter charge time is the cherry on top of the cake. In the end it'll probably just come down to personal preference.

To add to the Te buff thing being able to buff airborne players, the Te himself/herself also has the option to just use uncharged, 1.5-min (2.5 min to main/sub Fighters) buff bursts in the air when chasing something with Safoie T0 in order not to lose altitude.

Or, like what I initially thought of for the skill, buffing for your 4-man party will no longer waste 3~5 secs every 3 minutes (with them within range and with you just standing still), but will be just another alternative button tap to JA something next.

So yes, it's still very meh for us dedicated Te, but this skill is still technically a tempo "boost", albeit a very, very subtle, almost negligible, one.