Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    i hope there is a buster quest campaings when this update release , because i seriusly want to level up hunter class the soonest posible so i can get out of that hell
    I thought the "World Engulfed in Shadows" FQ was the the fashionable place to level nowadays (on SH in non-expert b7).
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

eh bouncer seems pretty good. maybe needs you to juggle more stuff like rings, stances, active skills, and subpallets; which can be a bit much for controller players to do to be honest.

the new skill means I can free up some subpallet slots, since it sounds like it doesn't put the field skills on cooldown when you do dodge an attack. might not be terribly important on bouncer itself since it doesn't have a critical-strike-like ability; but im sure nearby fighters and gunners would appreciate the extra crit. suppose those play more into the fact that bouncer is supposed to look like a fusion of fighter and techer

I'm kinda lukewarm about Juniper Tulis and Ghilles Wilhelm, mostly because I'm just not a huge fan of "does an extra attack during your attacks" abilities; but the dual blade from loser sounds like it can regenerate your blade gear during Kestral Rampage 0, which sounds pretty hilarious to me.

anyway I remembered that I was replying to people who's minds are already made up, so really this post was just one big waste of time. so I'll just whine about that we'll never see the force+gunner hybrid class, the closest thing being PSNova's Buster; piles sounded like a close-range gun while halos sounded like a tech weapon that had it's own PAs, even beyond their nova-exclusive gimmicks
    Last edited by Zorak000; May 4, 2018 at 02:06 PM.

So what's the point of braver conversion for someone who doesn't use katana nor criticals hits?

Quote Originally Posted by Kintama View Post
    So what's the point of braver conversion for someone who doesn't use katana nor criticals hits?
    If you don't use katana at all, there is none, and using a katana just for that skill with a few SP invested into katana gear will end up make you lose some DPS, since it seems intended for bullet bow users and using katana when your mag is R-atk and the skills you use are Bullet bow oriented will do pretty low dmg, or maybe decent when subbing HU, so you would like to have the gear rise maxed (takes 6 SP invested into katana skills for that). However this skill would still be pointless if you're using a single stance in BR tree and subbing HU, as you can get both the critical skills for +50% crit rate, and you can add a R-ring Critical Strike ranged for +20% more, ending up at 75% crit rate (base crit rate being 5% without any boost), and can be more with invade-NT potent (+10%) and SSA.
    If you dual stance BR tree and sub RA though, you may need that new skill to reach similar crit rates of single stance BR/HU, though the 5 more SP from lvl 85 will allow you to take one crit skill for one of the 2 BR stances lol. As a bow user, having a high crit rate is good especially for high dmg single hit PAs like Sharp boomer, Final Nemesis, Banish Arrow as it's often a +10% dmg, but it's really ironic that to do somewhat decent katana dmg it's better to sub HU, but if you sub HU, you get access to an additional crit rate boost skill, and if you go single stance on BR you get another, so i have some doubt this skill was really due to knowledge of class weakness and more due to "welp, bullet bow got some serious weakness to correct but katana has almost none yet we can't put a new skill benefitting only one weapon, oh wait, an old skill idea that was rejected but needs both BR weapons to work? let's put that for now" xD
    Last edited by Cyber Meteor; May 4, 2018 at 05:30 PM.

Also, uploading some PSO2 musics on Youtube when i got enough time to do it, i might have what you're looking for : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHr...C9cNXO0AjuItAA

The usefulness of the Br skill depends on the duration of Katana Gear release when stored in a Bow. If it's 12 seconds then it's gonna be tedious having to keep re-doing it all the time on a Bow only build. However if the duration is endless then you can still put 1 sp into Katana Gear, charge it up prior to quest starting and activate it with the Katana Guard Ring then swap into Bow and keep enjoying your free 50% Crit rate. Over all it feels more like a skill with the intention to make Hybrid Br more appealing even though Sega would just need to cut the SP cost on a few skills to do that.

On the Bouncer Skill I see a few Issues. If I'm not mistaken t's only going to be step activated so you can't use Jet boot's amazing Weapon action I-Frames to activate it (imagine dual bird would only work with Step and dive roll but not S-Roll, oof). But on Dual Blades it does feel more at home since there is no fancy weapon action I-frame shenanigans. The thing is Dual blades don't have Sub pallette management issues, that's more of an issue on Jet Boots which kinda makes this skill feel misplaced. Personally I'd have preferred something that makes going for Critical hit builds more desiderable. A Fi/Bo or Te/Bo won't be able to use it either because all the new skills are Main class only if im not mistaken.I can certainly see why Bouncer players wouldn't be super hot about this new Skill. Maybe there will be a skill ring in the future that makes the fields simply activate with the use of Weapon action similarly to how Katana has it Guard Ring that can force Gear activation.

We talk about the usefulness (or not) of the new skills depending on one's playstyle, but for those whose playstyle is not... compatible with these new skills, what new builds could their be? For example for Br/Hu, where would the extra 5 skill points go if the player is a Bow user who doesn't want to Katana/Bow dance?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    We talk about the usefulness (or not) of the new skills depending on one's playstyle, but for those whose playstyle is not... compatible with these new skills, what new builds could their be? For example for Br/Hu, where would the extra 5 skill points go if the player is a Bow user who doesn't want to Katana/Bow dance?
    Well not really because as far as we know the "High level class boost" might cost SP and the new individual skills are free anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    eh bouncer seems pretty good. maybe needs you to juggle more stuff like rings, stances, active skills, and subpallets; which can be a bit much for controller players to do to be honest.

the new skill means I can free up some subpallet slots, since it sounds like it doesn't put the field skills on cooldown when you do dodge an attack. might not be terribly important on bouncer itself since it doesn't have a critical-strike-like ability; but im sure nearby fighters and gunners would appreciate the extra crit. suppose those play more into the fact that bouncer is supposed to look like a fusion of fighter and techer

I'm kinda lukewarm about Juniper Tulis and Ghilles Wilhelm, mostly because I'm just not a huge fan of "does an extra attack during your attacks" abilities; but the dual blade from loser sounds like it can regenerate your blade gear during Kestral Rampage 0, which sounds pretty hilarious to me.
    So that Bouncer skill is going to be really inopportune for Bouncer since step more times that less can't be spammed enough even with Step JA Ring to maintain combinations. Imagine an ideal situation where you would us it in tandem with Step JA you have to ask yourself: How often are you even going to stop your rotations to fit this say over snatch or jet boot WA? It's honestly a meme because it suggests an interruption to begin with. There's also the matter Bouncer PP regen per hit is pretty damn healthy for JBs and only stands out for DBs outside PBF which in any case how rare it is for the meta combo to even spam PAs enough to put your pp in a bad position with a good base amount (around 170ish) is rare on a seasoned Bouncer.

As far as controller play goes with ring swaps it's not that bad once you're used to it since it's fairly easy to know which rings to swap at what time with shortcuts and whatnot. As far as Reaver DBs versus Jupiter Tullus it's fairly obvious which one wins because it takes one look on anyone who knows how to play dual blades that the chance and position of you being able to spam a 192 frame PA is a ridiculous notion seeing as you'll have a hell of a time getting the blade rain in. What's more than snatch/step cancelling it still puts Kestrel Rampage-0 at around 160F which is still long as the gods and will fuck over your meme potential anyways. JT wins because does normal DB rotations and doesn't force you to meme to get its extra damage when you PA rotate. Don't forget Thundering Blades home as well. Reaver at best is the best DB you can have on hand for a dual weapon BoHu build or a 'I don't have JT so I got this instead' solo DB BoHu. Hardly will contest with JT ever. Gilles Weihen is a BoFi player's wet dream and does its job very well adding enough damage to it's rotations that it's like getting a free PA per shift action. There's not a JB player alive that wouldn't want this. Atra Exocet does its job and does it damn well with ridiculous power and utility behind it.

Passing up the pre-Loser Bouncer 14*s is like choosing a plastic fork in a knife fight. Just when I think SEGA is starting to understand Bouncer as they release these 14*s that open players to a non-BoHu playstyle I get this meme of a Dual Blade crammed into Loser and double down on disappointment with a skill that does about as much for the class impact as 0 gear Photon Blades.

What's a Bouncer to do tbh.
    Last edited by Ryutensei; May 5, 2018 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryutensei View Post
    It's honestly a meme because it suggests an interruption to begin with. There's also the matter Bouncer PP regen per hit is pretty damn healthy for JBs and only stands out for DBs outside PBF which in any case how rare it is for the meta combo to even spam PAs enough to put your pp in a bad position with a good base amount (around 170ish) is rare on a seasoned Bouncer.
    Touching on a tangential point, but I honestly think this is pretty much the new skill issue : you need to kill your flow only to get mostly inconsequential fields. The problem actually lies more in the fields themselves, as they just don't give enough to you, or even people around you to warrant stepping out. Because let's face it, if a field gave you something like 10% critical damage or whatever, I'm preeetty sure everybody would start stepping and not mind it.

Also while Reaver is clearly not as good as Tullus, Its value certainly doesn't lie in kestrel thing. Said weapon gives you gear for as long as you're being in the air, which actually means Distraction > Blades becomes fully reliable outside of PBF. No more need to do extra PAs, and you can just abuse snatch as you'd do in PBF.
    Last edited by Zephyrion; May 5, 2018 at 04:24 AM.