Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

You can still note how "one-note" wand whacking is even knowing about the other class setups and Tech usage. I guess I don't know how this survey was done but can't anyone comment on any of the classes? If it was just class main reactions they could be switching to one of the aforementioned sub-classes because they don't like the smacking. They just want more stuff like the Wand PA, you can't assume they are monotonously smacking and complaining about it like they are forced to unless they are saying that.

Of course i'm just assuming too but the notion that they don't know alternatives exist because they mention something is boring seems far-fetched to me.

I mean right before that they even mention:

"Players note its support capability and strong normal attacks, with good Subclass compatibility. "

Quote Originally Posted by Klubbah View Post
    You can still note how "one-note" wand whacking is even knowing about the other class setups and Tech usage. I guess I don't know how this survey was done but can't anyone comment on any of the classes? If it was just class main reactions they could be switching to one of the aforementioned sub-classes because they don't like the smacking. They just want more stuff like the Wand PA, you can't assume they are monotonously smacking and complaining about it like they are forced to unless they are saying that.

Of course i'm just assuming too but the notion that they don't know alternatives exist because they mention something is boring seems far-fetched to me.

I mean right before that they even mention:

"Players note its support capability and strong normal attacks, with good Subclass compatibility. "
    a large majority of people know about the subclasses for te, but they dont play them.

the tebr was a thing in EP2 and TeBo and TeGu was a thing in EP3, TeSu was the huuuuuuuuuuuuuugest thing due to how crazy zanverse was in EP4. then they killed zanverse and then they heavily nerfed chain on sub class and then they stopped their trend of giving a lot of JBs Te compatibility and then they nerfed banish, so the biggest gimmicks for all the other te builds went poof over night except for TeFi which only has gotten better over time, but has weaker wand smacks without chase than TeHu and the mobs melt to fast for TeFi to status so it stayed in the background for people only concerned about wand smacking.

the tech casting aspect of te has mostly gone over looked and the other te builds had singular aspects with big appeal that people where interested in. that went poof and so did those players.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    they dislike how monotonous it is, not that it's not enjoyable.
    That's just splitting hairs.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    and im saying, "you can do more than just wand wacks if you stopped playing the te class that is only capable of buffs and wand wacks"
    Being able to do other stuff doesn't change wand whacking though. Nothing about that quote implies that people think wand whacking is the only thing Te can do, just that it's boring. It's not about Te as a whole not having alternate playstyles, it's about one of the key gimmicks of the class's main weapon not being interesting.

Saying wand whacking doesn't need to be more interesting because Te has other builds is like saying Hu weapons didn't need a buff because Fury Stance and automate made it a good subclass.
    Last edited by Kondibon; May 12, 2018 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    That's just splitting hairs.

Being able to do other stuff doesn't change wand whacking though. Nothing about that quote implies that people think wand whacking is the only thing Te can do, just that it's boring. It's not about Te as a whole not having alternate playstyles, it's about one of the key gimmicks of the class's main weapon not being interesting.

Saying wand whacking doesn't need to be more interesting because Te has other builds is like saying Hu weapons didn't need a buff because Fury Stance and automate made it a good subclass.
    Fair enough. I'll concede that point.

Might just be way too irate right now at the choices PS Team keeps making so I keep seeing the worst in things which I normally don't default to.

With respect to Gunner, WTF are people complaining about? Grim Barrage being too difficult to use? Discover target locking, fucking noobs.

Pulled this bit from the blog...

"They are thinking of a way to address the Grim Barrage situation. They haven’t decided yet, but It might be something like an ON/OFF switch, or it performs tracking only when Locked-On."

-Just fucking hilarious! No hope for pso2 gamers. None.

To give the developers the benefit of the doubt, they are listening to player opinion, which is a good thing. The problem is that they're listening to the wrong players, since a solid chunk of their playerbase is casual. Therefore, they end up pandering to the lowest common denominator instead of the players who actually know what they're doing.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    a solid chunk of their playerbase is casual.
    Doesn't that mean they're listening to the right players then?

It's all down to who gives the most $ money $

no it doesnt

beacuse listening to the majority doesnt make you right and your product can suffer as a result.

you see this time and time again in dozens of games and it ends up costing the game in the long run.

there is a limit to the whole "you have to listen to the biggest group of players that brings in revenue" bullshit.

its important to a degree but for things that are as important as game balance, then they're not always the right choice because even if you pander to them there is no guarantee they'll stay around regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    As the old school, ranty and close-minded TE that I am...

Isn't TECHER supposed to huh...use techs ? I mean don't get me wrong, improving melee is all fine and dandy, but the tech aspect of the class (which still has half the masteries, access to compounds and innate T-ATK on its weapons) has been swept under the rug for the most part in EP5.
    Close range attacker might include close range techs like ragrants but I'm not holding out hope as it's sega after all.
    Te played as a simple 1 button machine with zanverse on autocast every 5 seconds and buffs every 3 min is the single most boring class to play in this game and 1 PA won't change that.