Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    Hey, I'm late to the party. Probably because I don't really post here that often anymore. Anyway, my comments on the balance part of the stream!

Ha ha ha. HA. HA. HA.

Sega has no idea how their own game works, how to balance it, how its meta is like, and doubles down on the stupid by listening to the majority opinion - which is a bad idea even when the game isn't explicitly aimed at the casual (read: doesn't know the mechanics very well) crowd.
    The issue is what plagues every multiplayer game, which is 90% of people bitching because their character does less damage than another one. You think this is bad, you should see the whining bitches on fighting game forums. Hell, a game called Divekick was created a while back to poke fun at the fighting game community.

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    The issue is what plagues every multiplayer game, which is 90% of people bitching because their character does less damage than another one. You think this is bad, you should see the whining bitches on fighting game forums. Hell, a game called Divekick was created a while back to poke fun at the fighting game community.
    Spoiler!

No one but the good bo's have issues with Bo's damage output So it's actually the opposite right now.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    Divekick was tongue in cheek, yes. But it still ended up becoming what it was poking fun at. And your post implies the game was primarily poking fun at the community when that's not the case; it was poking fun at the genre as a whole; the most prominent trait being that dive kicks in fighting games tend to be fucking ridiculous and really really fucking good to the point that almost every character that had a dive kick was a top tier in their respective game. The only character with a dive kick that wasn't top tier that I can remember is Saki from Arcana Heart and it's only like that because not only was her character painfully average but they neutered her dive kick in so many ways that it could only be considered an average move, but despite that; it was still one of her best moves because no matter how you restrict it,a move that can be tiger knee'd and changes your vertical direction instantly while also leading into combos or set ups, is going to be good no matter what.
    Please, the only people that bitch about aerial attacks are the people who can't be bothered raising their neck a bit to see what's happening, has nothing to do with being overpowered, any special move makes heavy damage if you don't block it. People were just bitching about aerial attacks cause they sucked too much at blocking them and with that whining came Divekick.

Please, the only people that bitch about aerial attacks are the people who can't be bothered raising their neck a bit to see what's happening, has nothing to do with being overpowered, any special move makes heavy damage if you don't block it. People were just bitching about aerial attacks cause they sucked too much at blocking them and with that whining came Divekick.
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by GHNeko; May 13, 2018 at 11:26 PM.

Oh no, I know that. It's been an ancient joke that you know when a MMO is balanced when every class subforum has the equal amount of whining.

Which is why the devs, while they shouldn't completely cut off contact with the playerbase, should take player feedback with a pinch of salt. They should have a good idea of what a class is supposed to be like, and if players complain about a lack of balance, to judge why is that - did the players not figure out how to play their own class correctly? Was there an oversight which causes the class to work in an unexpectedly strong way that becomes the new top meta?

Many MMO developers are bad with this. The FF XIV team balances out classes assuming they're in vacuum, with little thought given to synergy. But Sega is even worse than that. They can't even get their own classes' basic playstyle right. Their descriptions about class roles and what parts are weaker than their should are absolutely hilarious. So disattached from reality of how the game is actually being played.

This isn't new for PSO2, I mean for example Gunner was almost always either OP or shit, with little middle ground. But what's going on right now is worse than I ever remember.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    Spoiler!
    Hey "bruh", you're the one who elaborated on this in the first place after I just slipped in an example. Second, hell yea "bruh", been playing fighters since 1994. Name me a game that I boot on MAME, DC, PS1, PS2, Saturn, OG XB, NGC or Wii that has a divekick and I'll show you that it's no big deal to block, avoid or counter something like this.

The main reason Sega cannot balance the classes is because every class is brokenly OP. It's just that some are more broken than others. All classes can be invulnerable, all classes can solo all non-EQ content.

"Expert" players do not actually care about balancing. They just want to be even more OP so that they clear content even quicklier, so that they have more time to go on forums and complain that the game is "2 ez and 2 casulol". I mean, if an enemy dies quickly then it's easy, but it it needs time to die then it's just sponge. If an enemy doesn't deal enough damage or it's easily avoidable it's an easy enemy, but if it deals lots of damage or it's hard to avoid then it's "bad design".

Sega needs to go back to the drawing board and rebalance player HP, player damage output, enemy HP, enemy damage output, and recovery availability and potency. The "best" way to do that now (ie. the way that will cause the minimal possible player outrage), is to give new level ups very small power increases, but immense HP increases, so that the HP bar actually works like an HP bar and not as an on-off switch.
    Last edited by Dark Mits; May 14, 2018 at 01:39 AM.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by GHNeko; May 14, 2018 at 01:43 AM.

Ah yes of course its about the damage, not the stupid fucking ass feeling of being completely locked in animation and letting jesus take the wheel or the stupid ass simple math of farming rainbow being so fucking unrewarding i rather have average stance which has a lower multiplier than fucking shit trash element stance. And of course it feels orgasmic watching people hitting things while your shitty bitch ass has to take some time to buff yourself for 1 min so you can feel that you are playing your class alright because you sunk 10 sp into it. FeelsAmazingMan
    Last edited by AVO; May 14, 2018 at 03:01 AM.