Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Just a bouncer player reeee-ing. Nothing much

I might be cynical, but let's be real, if you even play BO, TE or HU actively, you pretty much know that your class will forever get changed in a way that doesn't reflect their goals or playstyles. I'm overall ok with HU becoming a tank rather than taking to the DPS race since this race is bound to have losers, and a class with Ignition Parry, Volg Graptor and Holding Current as their staple DPS options will forever be laughable no matter how hard you push them. I'd rather they give HU unique skills that helps everybody, like a skill that partially absorbs the damage received by people within a certain range from you to help the "actual" damaging classes like FO, GU, FI or Hero.

I'm pretty much thinking similarly for BO. I'm ok with it becoming more support-oriented, but you better give them something actually impactful and rework these damn fields to be good enough that people don't straight ignore them because they don't bring anything relevant on the table. the rainbow issues and all that jazz were mentioned so no need to beat a very dead horse. TE I also already said how I felt about in previous posts so no need to add more complaints on top

Now for the HU rant in particular I'm still kind of irked about the fact that with all weapons reworks/changes we had, Sword and WL are still suffering from the same issues up to this day. When you see Braver just got Braver combination which fixes gear loss and gear Management for Katana aaand meanwhile Sword STILL loses all its gear when not used and Akatsuki STILL needs to be manually unsheathed through JG everytime you switch...double standards much ?

WL is in an even more hilarious place. It looks like in the rush to make every weapon feel "whoa" to play, they forgot WL have half of their PAs fully uncancellable by either Weapon Action or step, still features the horrible mash mechanic on one of its staple PAs, and is just overall wonky and clunky. But hey hopefully people trying out their Quelle Glitter will notice these issues

Despite all of the ranty aspect I'm still happy that SEGA even has the intention of actually giving game balance a good look. Because for all we complain, the dark times of banning people for using game mechanics (ahem ahem Magatsu) or notoriously broken stuff to stay around for more than one year (SU/GU Marron and Shunka yeeee) aren't a thing anymore. Meanwhile EP5 reacted relatively fast after Hero's bumpy introduction and is at least trying to be upfront about the direction they want to give classes. Not perfect, but any improvement regarding this matter should be credited still
    Last edited by Zephyrion; May 14, 2018 at 08:28 AM.

Well despite of how they explicitly think about Bo, I look forward for the balance. Just like when they introduced buffed PD, support Techers somehow got a better spotlight until today, so that gives a little rainbow in the game.

i gonna say a few points

1 the summoner all it needs is simply a free skill that allow us to recall our pet when we want ( no cooldown).
    2 the bouncer really ocupy a lot of of space in subpallete , i use 2 subpalletes actually XD ( 1 for skills and another one for change the JB element ) also the jet boots really lacks of PA the dual blades are fine.
    3 looks like techer can be build in 3 ways , specialiced in melee , full support or full magic ofensive .
    4 hunter really needs something that allow them to fight in the air more easy , magatsu is the best example how hard is fighting in the air

the rest is fine

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Despite all of the ranty aspect I'm still happy that SEGA even has the intention of actually giving game balance a good look.
    I feel the same, although I don't know where we will ultimately end up. The last few months haven't been the greatest in PSO2's history in my opinion. Game development isn't easy of course, but I still get the feeling that Sega has been slow and a little careless.

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    4 hunter really needs something that allow them to fight in the air more easy , magatsu is the best example how hard is fighting in the air
    Strongly agree with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Sega needs to go back to the drawing board and rebalance player HP, player damage output, enemy HP, enemy damage output, and recovery availability and potency. The "best" way to do that now (ie. the way that will cause the minimal possible player outrage), is to give new level ups very small power increases, but immense HP increases, so that the HP bar actually works like an HP bar and not as an on-off switch.
    I don't agree with the other points but I fully agree about the stats needing a rebalance. It's been so long since I first started playing and the average unaffixed survivability of a class is basically the exact same as it was back then because level ups only matter for SP (You can't tell me that People would've had problems with Deimurge or Omega Loser if these quests were 75/75). Then Sega releases content that actually hurts (Dragon Rematch and XQ) and people start complaining because they're used to being hit by wet noodles and automate taking care of the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    I don't agree with the other points but I fully agree about the stats needing a rebalance. It's been so long since I first started playing and the average unaffixed survivability of a class is basically the exact same as it was back then because level ups only matter for SP (You can't tell me that People would've had problems with Deimurge or Omega Loser if these quests were 75/75). Then Sega releases content that actually hurts (Dragon Rematch and XQ) and people start complaining because they're used to being hit by wet noodles and automate taking care of the rest.
    Indeed. And it's not like Sega didn't give us tools and ways to actually make the hard-hitting bosses hit like wet noodles. But we players (the majority) refuse to spec for anything other than optimal damage.

And we can't really blame the majority for doing that. Each point in atk increases multiplicatively with every modifier. On the other hand, each point in defense/hp has diminishing returns on added survivability. A full-tank character has like 5 or 6 times the survivability of a glass cannon, but less than 1% of the dps potential. Not only that, but if something can kill a glass cannon, most likely it will also kill a full-tank as well (Deus sword split, Loser time-stop blades, Erythron Dragon's final charge before his death, seeing another party member get the 14* you seek etc.) which further diminishes any appeal a tank build may have.

If the HP bar acted more like a soft sponge that told you "Ok, you can do about 8-10 mistakes before having to spend some time and resources to recover" instead of today's "Ok, I'll allow 1 mistake and that's it, after that it's Moon", and recovery abilities had a measurable opportunity cost that gave players an incentive to avoid incoming damage despite inherit tankiness, then we would find builds that are not 100% damage go-go-go to be interesting and appealing.

Idk man.

Why are you using things designed to oneshot you as a reference to how bad tanky build is??

To give you an example, GSA hu main build on aggressive monsters gives you tankiness and damage the same time.

Ppl have been affixing stuff to tank in LB with atra lifesteal(just lookup ponthi fi vid).

In fact, a shitton of fote vids have more than 1k hp despite only getting grazed once.

I would say in this day and age of sega randomly boosting the damage of mobs for a very exciting "boost event" and you still refuse to affix a single drop of hp, its on you to get good.

Seriously, compared to the start of ep4 to now, we actually have decent alternatives for affixing hp like deus factor, omega reverie and ares the soul. There no excuses for 'why hp affix when you can have attack xddd'.

Quote Originally Posted by AVO View Post
    There no excuses for 'why hp affix when you can have attack xddd'.
    This but unironically.