Default Text Size Stopped Working in PSO2

When playing in fullscreen in 1920 x 1080, you can configured the text size (the entire hud) to be at 1.5, which is way easier for people playing on a TV like myself. After the game crashed today, that feature stopped working. I fiddled around with the settings, tried the official launcher, reset the settings, but nothing seems to be working.

Besides uninstalling and reinstalling the game, any ideas of how I can fix this?

Try deleting the user.pso2 file located in "Documents/SEGA/PHANTASYSTARONLINE2" (the same location where screenshots are saved). Odds are it got corrupted and isn't allowing proper read/write of the settings. Also, this is one of the files that doesn't get deleted when you uninstall, so a full re-installation would not help if it is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Try deleting the user.pso2 file located in "Documents/SEGA/PHANTASYSTARONLINE2" (the same location where screenshots are saved). Odds are it got corrupted and isn't allowing proper read/write of the settings. Also, this is one of the files that doesn't get deleted when you uninstall, so a full re-installation would not help if it is the problem.
    I already tried renaming it and start from scratch, didn't change anything

Well I uninstalled and reinstalled, everything was fixed. I Logged off, went into the settings using the tweaker to make the textures better, and the problem happened again, fuck!!

EDIT: It's a bug with the Tweaker. As soon as you hit Save in the settings (regardless of any changes or not), it does something in the user.pso2 file (besides removing a lot of commas):

Before:

Screen = {
    InterfaceSize = 2,
    MaxScale = 1,
    PreferredScale = 1,
    ReferenceResolution = {
    Y = 720,
    X = 1280,

After:

Screen = {
    InterfaceSize = 2,
    MaxScale = 1,
    PreferredScale = 1,
    ReferenceResolution = {
    Y = 1080,
    X = 1920

Putting these back manually or resetting the PSO2 settings via the official launcher will fix the issue until you hit save inside the settings via the Tweaker again.
    Last edited by the_importer_; May 18, 2018 at 10:11 PM.