Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default So the Hero Class, the First Advance Class, Just How Much More Powerful is it?

Ever since I came back to this game, it's been Hero this and Hero that, overpowered this, overpowered that. As someone who's capped that class to level 80, I can agree, playing with this class was a walk in the park, but just how much more powerful is it compared to the average main + sub class? Couple of updates ago, we got a 5% boost skill for every normal class, so that's a 10% combined, do you feel that this made it more fair? If not, how much more of a boost in terms of percentage damage to you think that regular classes should get?

I'm still using 10* units on one of my normal class alts and I don't feel particularly underpowered, it was kind of nice playing through Ultimate Nab for compounds the other day. As things stand right now, the class tier list doesn't matter to me. 12 people means thing die instantly more or less. I don't see a need to buff anything really. I find Fo fun to play, so I'll just stick with it. Between Ilzonde, compounds, and Ilgrants/Ragrants I don't feel like I'm inferior to Hero by any significant amount anyway.

Well I've said that already but it's not damage point difference between old classes and Hero. Old classes need smoother gameplay, each melee weapon should get same level gape closer, Attack and PA increased hitboxes, smoother and faster PA activation and execution without that nasty after-PAs delay.

It's hard to tell tbh. Most clear speed Record holders still either haven't got the level cap to 85/85 or haven't managed to beat their best time but one thing is for sure: Fo/Te is super powerful now. Can't wait for the new Compounds to make it even stronger.

Here are some Solo PD times I got from YT:
    Best Fo/Te (3:42)
    Best Fi/Hu (4:01) (Pre-Level 85)
    Best Hr (3:49)

Every other class sits at around 4:12~4:40 with Te and Su being the exceptions

Obviously every class performs differently in different environments but imo solo Raid bosses (that are meant to be beaten solo) like PD are the fairest to measure it. There are still some buffs waiting on the regular classes, judging by the survey results. Te/Hu will definitely see a spike in DPS with the Wand PA, finally being able to prepare a powerful attack when the enemy weakpoint is out of reach. Su is a unpopular class but if played correctly it can dish out stupid amount of damage. Now that Rykros is easy to access I'd love to see some of the Incredible Su players return. The best Su run is still from back when Maron Chains were broken (4 minutes flat).

Edit: Also I fully agree with Zulastar

Hero barely have any downtime in almost any situation (arguably all situations in all places), and that's what it is always been so far. Weapon like Demonia is crucial to quickly close one of its weaknesses (Hero boost reset or slow power increase rate early game), makes them even more reliable when they have it.

Standard classes are still updated in a good way, cause even if you add more damage, they are still stuck with their own limitations. So nothing is overwritten (either Hero or other classes) at least in my book.
    Last edited by SteveCZ; May 23, 2018 at 12:19 PM.

Brightness End 360 degree high power AOE which covers area 3 times of it's animation. And no comments about BNS.
    So at MPA with several Heroes some classes can't even touch a weak trash mobs 'cause when they/their attack reach them, these mobs already dead with these two.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Controversial opinion but I think Hero just has been uncrowned with the update we got (and probably was even before)

In no particular order
    - Force has received buff after buff, and new compounds are coming soon. Force in its current state is arguably already stronger than Hero, with more versatile and practical burst, more range, and good firepower
    - Fighter never was far behind Hero in terms of damage, and I think the double 5% buff just makes the sheer volume of damage it outputs go toe-to-toe or even above Hero in a lot of scenarios. It has some extra pluses compared to Hero, notably the sheer power of its stationary damage, infinitely better PP sustain and LB still being overall less punishing thant Hero Boost imo
    - Gunner : Another S-roll new skill on top of extra damage on top of already insane burst. Current Gunner can now mob very efficiently while putting HTF to shame with chain alone.

When all is said and done, I think the one thing still keeping Hero at the top is ease of play, straightforwardness and the sheer versatility that allows it to be good everywhere, while aforementioned classes will shine or struggle depending on content. But I can say with certainty the days of Hero being the best everywhere are definitely gone for a while
    It's not controversial, it's fact. Even before the level cap increase, Fi and Fo were about as powerful as Hero, while Gunner left it in the dust. The increase only skews the difference further.

Hero remains a high tier class though, and it's easy to play but hard to master which is good game design. What isn't good game design is how sword is so much more useful than the other two weapons, so much so that for all intents and purposes it's an s-atk class, not an all atk one.

Every class is now an advanced class now, prepare for subclass system deletion to reflect that in the future, dummies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintama View Post
    Every class is now an advanced class now, prepare for subclass system deletion to reflect that in the future, dummies.
    Right, pretty sure 1/3 of the player base would leave if that were to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Right, pretty sure 1/3 of the player base would leave if that were to happen.
    I wonder how powerful an advanced base class would need to be to make up for the inability to use a subclass.