Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

all I remember was that they initially intended this kind of "advanced class" to be something players would more permanently move to; but through a bewildering sheer lack of judgement and foresight, they only made one of them to last an entire episode. they were going to focus on expanding hero for a while, but the intense pushback from the playerbase caused them to seemingly throw most of their plans for episode 5 out the window. However due to the slow process of bureaucracy, I assume most of the content up to Dragon was their inital plans, just with a focus on buffing all of the other classes instead of the expansions on hero.

as it stands now, hero has a very low skill floor and a very high skill ceiling. The weapons are easy to use; even the "bad" things like holding rising slash forever, using only basic attacks (of all three weapon types tbh) can at least get the job done at a relatively decent rate. meanwhile a highly skilled hero is scary powerful; avoiding damage to maintain hero boost, landing loads of counters, and possibly even getting hero gear maxed out before the hero time cooldown ends can make a well played hero tear through content at breakneck speeds.

however now the other classes are in much better places than they were back at the start of episode 5, with a little more power coming to force, techer, and summoner coming up in a couple updates. as it currently stands, the old classes have been scaled up to hero's place generally.

Ranger never meant to perform well when being targeted or in dangerous area. The "clunkiness" and lack of super armor PA pretty much says about it.
    End Attract and Satellite Cannon PA mainly are Ranger's source of damage. As long they requires charge time, Ranger will always remain "clunky".
    While most of Rifle PA allow Ranger to become more smooth & flexible, the damage it dealt still easily being outperformed by Hero's sword normal attack spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Solo XQ only show how good a class is at duelling very agressive things, and yes RA is bad at that due to its very nature... but its one of its few weaknesses. It has more than enough tools to solo despite being a party-oriented class (WB and faring better without aggro than with) but that's something people seem to dislike since it seems every class should be able to solo everything even if their kit relies more around supporting. Still didn't prevent RA from getting amongst the best times for both Dragon and Omega Loser solo.

Yes I'm being agressive, but that's only because the only thing I've been seeing is senseless complaints about how RA should be without even considering how changing some parts of RA could potentially kill its uniqueness while also being very condescending about it : of course, saying RA is not as bad or clunky as how you perceive means people can't be playing the class and only judging from outside. I've already stated it needs some changes, but most of the things I saw are completely unrealistic desires, that will hopefully be fulfilled with whatever advanced class using a rifle comes next. Given how Hero TMG turned out, I'm not holding my breath here
    Reminder, that sega has already stated they going to address "Hr-like amenities" for other classes, but it's in the future, for now Hr is the top dog of most non-boss content.

The PSO2 actually is about people being able to perform solo, even in MPAs it's about you being useful by doing damage not some holy trinity shit like in other MMOs - everyone can heal and everyone can do damage with Te being the only (exception) true support class even though it was raped in ep5.
    The whole reason shitstorm with Hr started was because how fast and smooth (and allmighty) it was completely dominating ALL non-boss content (well, boss content too), only after sega introduced crutches for other classes it went to more or less acceptable levels, but still, Hero CHANGED the game(dynamics), crutch wasn't Hr nerf, it was making all other classes stronger (mainly via normals and PP gen) and faster but it was done hastily thus sega is yet to fix Hr shit with promised "amenities", saying that clunkiness is uniqueness that should remain is being overly conservative, especially when mobs are becoming more and more aggressive (which I like) - you can always compare monkey that barely attacks or some other trash mob with ep5 guys that attack more frequently and faster, and have wider attack aoe with some shit clientsided or targetting multiple players.

p.s. Ra support starts and ends at wb, Te can sub Ra and remove all the "uniqueness" without losing anything which is what most Te do. Also, not sucking completely is not the same as being good at, rather than letting something stay so bad that it's never used it's much much better to make it not optimal but usable so it at least provides some gameplay value for the players.

Steered off topic but you gotta have the last word, heh. You can just stop you know. I at least try to stay close to topic as in the end it's about Hr broken levels of seamless smooth and FAST gameplay that make all classes and not just Ra feel bad, you just go making up wrong implications for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Thread title : "So the Hero class, the first advance class, how much more powerful is it"

My answer : the strongest at floor level, but difference is largely closed in by the other classes at higher levels of plays, with the specific case of RA not being that far from it, and straight up being a better choice in some quests if you can leverage its kit, while only being limited by its conditionals and chanelling skills which I consider to be part of the class identity"

Your disagreement from this is mostly what started it, and yes I'm an annoying old class bitch that likes taking care of the poor grandpas, deal with it, and please stop being so butthurt about this...be a gentleman, close it in with a "I respect your opinion but I disagree" which is exactly what I did for you to be able to close this discussion in an elegant way.
    Nah, just let me say that for amount of text and thought you put into this your memory and/or reading comprehension skills suck.

I've seen the ways of my horrible pagan and outdated thoughts, the light shone through and I can see a brand new world, all hail Hero !!!
    Last edited by Zephyrion; May 28, 2018 at 01:44 PM.

Hero is garbage when you actually know how to play the other classes lel. Fite me.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post
    Hero is garbage when you actually know how to play the other classes lel. Fite me.
    What are you saying, lol DPS charts, buffs, solo times of other classes, another S-roll, all these things are just lies to blind you from the absolute and undisputable truth : Hero is the best class that was ever designed, and can't possibly lose in any field, and true enjoyment can't be experienced until you finally get to play it ! Not playing it is an heresy that I just can't fathom hence why I demand all other classes should be erased and Hero Boost should become fully unconditional ! Embrace the Great Pan cause, and let us all sing happily under the reign of the true advancement, the natural evolution !
    Last edited by Zephyrion; May 28, 2018 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post
    Well try to do a Dragon EQ with DS FiHu. I bet you'll spend 95% of the time chasing it movings not DPS while Hero can maintain at least 80% contact with the target any time except when it fully invulnerable. And there's nothing to do how well can you play Fi itself.
    Last edited by Zulastar; May 28, 2018 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulastar View Post
    Well try to do a Dragon EQ with DS FiHu. I bet you'll spend 95% of the time chasing it movings not DPS while Hero can maintain at least 80% contact with the target any time except when it fully invulnerable. And there's nothing to do how well can you play Fi itself.
    FI/HU doesn't exist on Dragon, nothing does, except Hero, and maybe TE/RA, but only because it brings Hero's brilliance to its peak ! Let the ignorant people wallow in despair as they are left completely powerless against Dragon, while Hero destroys it and show those idiots their true place.