Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    -By smoothness I mean the class is very streamlined and excels at all range, with very little chanelling skills and completely free cancelling of everything by everything which makes it a very free flow class....Honestly it shouldn't apply to all classes either. It gives Hero a unique sense of power but it would utterly kill diversity if everybody was like that. Ranger is meant to channel stuff because it's a sniper,

Also I completely disagree with other classes being stiff. The flow is not as fast as Hero, but Hero stands at the absolute ceiling within the boundaries of what the game allows. Damage is its only limiting factor, which is actually bad design from my standpoint, but hey, tastes
    While I agree that giving every class maximum smoothness(playability) is wrong, nevertheless every class should have "enough" smoothness both to not suck completely in some situations and to keep up with fast gameplay flow smoothly.

You should play more Ra, it a good example of class that almost completely lacks smoothness and number of people playing it says a lot about how players feel about it.
    The class is VERY stiff and clunky, you know that something is very wrong with it when you are unable to dodge almost any attack when releasing charged PA the moment you see the attack telegraphing. This is what smoothness is about - you are in control of your character and only punished by your mistakes not retarded mechanics/class design. It could be fine if you could use some slow PA for some tradeoff but atm you are not only vulnurable during startup/charge, you also are at (even greater) risk even after the attack is executed but because it can be negated by automeme sega thinks it's "fine" (and players think it's fine to not play Ra and pick Hr instead). Ra also has stupid movement freeze when using fast PAs in the air but not on the ground and those screw up standing snipe anyway as you fall down before you can JA next PA so it has no reason to exist. This makes it very very frustrating to fight with Ranger in close combat, even more so with increasing amount of staggering trash mobs.
    Btw, snipers aren't about killing shit at long range, mobility and concealment are as important, "rangers" too are supposed to be mobile all-terrain infantry and somehow mobility is one thing lacks Ra completely.

Sega said they are going to address "Hr-like amenities" for other classes, so will see what happens then, though the question is when...

Quote Originally Posted by wefwq View Post
    Just make every other classes that is not hero to be less stiff by making their weapon action/attack faster, make it's hitstop shorter and make animation faster/more brief. Bam, welcome to Gotta Terribly Fast Online 2.
    Which is probably the only solution, though I'd rather nerf Hr, but sega/KMR wont nerf their ep5 superstar. Range matters little now when everyone is so fast you can gapclose faster than some ranged attacks hit the enemy and this is exactly what KMR wants as a replacement to slower game where you had to use your brain a little, gay lizard EQ is a prime example of (a fucking retarded boss design) this.

You all can come up with 1 billion ways how to make the class feels smoother but it wouldn't matter if the Japanese player base say nothing about it in their survey feedback. Nor SEGA using the 'i cant read English' for the western player base. FeelsBouncerMan
    Last edited by AVO; May 25, 2018 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AVO View Post
    You all can come up with 1 billion ways how to make the class feels smoother but it wouldn't matter if the Japanese player base say nothing about it in their survey feedback. Nor SEGA using the 'i cant read English' for the western player base. FeelsBouncerMan
    The japanese players have said stuff, that's why all the classes got so many QoL buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    The way Standing Snipe works should also be overhauled to proc exactly after one second and break as soon as moment is involved, while being more lenient so that slight walking and recoils don't make you lose it. That + coming step jump charm and probably double jump change would be enough to fix most of RA's mobility issues and clunkiness.
    Also sharpshooter is there to tell you close combat isn't your field anyway, and even then between MH, armor SSAs and potentials, and PAs designed to let you escape like Cosmos Breaker, you can really get around it if you so want.
    Pretty sure those changes won't be enough, if you won't have mobile PAs and evasion shit it'll be back to parallel zero only memes in solo content.
    No, sharpshooter is there to tell me that I can do more damage at range, it isn't there to tell me I should completely suck in CQC which goes against the whole "smoothness" concept. And Ra already has CQC PAs, all that's left is to make them usable. Also the whole MH facetanking is lazy design and should never be considered the core element of Ra (or any other class) gameplay.

Let's compare Hr and Ra (though gotta say that Hr TMGs are more CQC oriented).
    Let's take Hr first - it can move around with monkey business above enemy heads to score free headshots and evade attacks, it can cancel PAs with quick dash that doesn't require wasting time to get JA that can be turned into normal counters or BNS counterattack which gives him complete invulnerability for the duration. Outside of counters BNS is a long range PA that is supposed to be used outside of melee range. In addition to BNS being usable when enemies are close, Hr also has 2nd of Edge to gapclose for melee (including TMG) PAs thus allowing Hr to both move (and evade shots), do frontal aoe and change engagement distance. The last PA, without mobility, is a long range single target PA so it doesn't matter. Also Hr normals allow it to move, jump AND shoot, including double-triple etc jumping on locked enemy heads for (almost) free unlimited headshots. All those actions are seamless, you spend 0 frames on useless shit, you either shoot, move jump and shoot (even when evading) or reload hueg amount of PP.
    Now take Ra, it can only move on the ground with shotgun, if it jumps it stays in one spot and then falls down which makes it worse than just walking plus you lose DPS on jumping/evasion, there are no other good PAs for CQC. With lawnchair it's somewhat better but PAs are very slow, stagger won't help against most enemies and you need JA from normals unlike FREE JA HERO (that means spending 1 second in one spot, at least it can(should) be done in the air) because Hu is the the only Ra sub thanks KMR, and the only thing that gives Ra above zero chance to not get hit in CQC is ability to walk and jump during divine lawnchair zero charge. As a Ra you spend quite a lot of time trying to not get hit (or just go hurrdurr MH) using slow dive roll because getting hit means stagger thus losing JA anyway thus wasting time on JA again, and while dive roll attacks with rifle aren't that bad (losing altitude sucks but so is rifle air combat so it doesn't matter), lawnchair roll attacks are bad they are useless tier making rolling and jumping (and wasting more time) the only option.

p.s. I do hope those charms to save pleb normal classes won't require to carry the rings.

Quote Originally Posted by AVO View Post
    It's probably the same with majority of english playerbase too, most people vote what they think no matter if they main class or just play it occasionally thus you get results where Te players are OK with butchered class (people just buff, that's enough "contribution" for most), Bo has no problems with JB or techs (tech Bo's don't exist so they get no votes), Ra is "good" WB dispenser (WB and occasional PAs make them feel "useful") and other stupid shit.

as a Fi, i need to careful watch my hp under limit break so i'm not losing dps

as a Gu, i need to careful with my chain, when it must end, when the boss fly, so i can get good dps.

as a Fo, i need to careful with my dodge or i'm a dead person in mpa

as a Te, i need to watch my teammates to not die in the dragon rematch.

as a Hero, i can play with eating, chatting with friends, chatting with my real life friends, checking my phones, change my mp3 in winamp, and still get good or great dps.
    yeah, my engrish is bad

as a fi, i can faceroll my controller and let ds and td armor frames and knux iframes let me do 999999 dps while abusing IW and LBI and lifesteal weapons

as a gu, i can spam another sroll over and over and over and i can also get hit and continue my chain and as long as i finish it i only have to wait 1s to spam more chain

as a fo i just need to press photon flare and then double my dps and block with charging techs and spam mirage that has enough iframes that i dont even get hit by mother's dps wipe attack

as a te, i literally just press one button

as a hero, i cant be hit because if i do i lose 60% damage and then my dps will fall a lot

see i can do it too

Quote Originally Posted by Youmu Konpaku View Post
    as a Fi, i need to careful watch my hp under limit break so i'm not losing dps

as a Gu, i need to careful with my chain, when it must end, when the boss fly, so i can get good dps.

as a Fo, i need to careful with my dodge or i'm a dead person in mpa

as a Te, i need to watch my teammates to not die in the dragon rematch.

as a Hero, i can play with eating, chatting with friends, chatting with my real life friends, checking my phones, change my mp3 in winamp, and still get good or great dps.
    truly the definition of casual

Now when they've made the best class possible in players opinion, i.e. threw out everything that made the class system to have a point at all, subs, stats, skill trees. After five waves of balancing, it turns out that class that is easy to play still requires at least some effort to outperform other classes. Hero time boosting is kinda emulated via weapon and PA cycling, a shadow of what other classes have to put up with to at least survive.
    Its kinda ironic seeing complaints about weak hero now. Maybe they will buff it at 90 cap to let it easily hop over other classes once again.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    as a hero, i cant be hit because if i do i lose 60% damage and then my dps will fall a lot
    case in point.
    I sure do like blindly mashing step to dish out hundreds of kilodamage on everything involved.
    Last edited by Golgotha; May 26, 2018 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    see i can do it too
    too much work fam ..

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    truly the definition of casual
    do you know its a joke?
    yeah, my engrish is bad

Quote Originally Posted by Golgotha View Post
    case in point.
    I sure do like blindly mashing step to dish out hundreds of kilodamage on everything involved.
    s-roll isn't called step bruh

edit:

Last edited by jooozek; May 26, 2018 at 08:37 AM.
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget