Hey all,

About 13 years ago, I saved up $50.00 for a brand-new copy of Phantasy Star Online: Episodes 1&2 Plus. I proceeded to spend an obscene amount of time item hunting, mag raising, and character re-creating across 3 or so years. The game spread to many of my friends, and we spent many hours huddled together around insufficient quarter-screens.

Fast forward 10 years later, I’ve basically forgotten about PSO and moved on to other games and hobbies. Last week, I randomly had a dream I obtained the famed “Sealed-J Sword”, an item I was obsessed with obtaining in my youth. I awoke with newfound determination: I was to fulfill my childhood mission of finding, arguably, PSO’s most powerful and scarce weapon.

The next day, I booted up my game to find my latest character still intact: a level 115 HUmar sporting a Skyly section ID and fully developed mag. I’m super happy to rediscover this amazing gem of a game, and I hope to have many fun interactions with fellow fans

That’s my PSO story! Feel free to post about your love for PSO, or how you managed to (re)discover this wonderful game.