Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Masu View Post
    Well technically JB double jump uniqueness got backstabbed with Hr one. To me Hr double jump should be the JB one and current JB jump should be the one available for everyone. Still this change won't prevent me to play Bo x)
    I guess the bare hand part could mayyyyyyyybe be handy for challenge quest. If it's not for this purpose then am clueless and it's not like the now not so new solo xq could be cleared with bare hand like some did with H&H So Idon't see any hurt if it's available for it or not
    Yeah when Hr was here first, jb took the first hit and that's what I thought when it first came out. Now that everyone could, JB isn't so special anymore. It's just another weapon like any other, just different arts and one more jump ability (that even Hr has it as well, sigh).

Of course that doesn't mean it's not unplayable, it's still JB as a class. But I do remember people go crazy digging in PvP not only because it was good, but also because it can do double jump, which was useful in some maps. Like in forest, taunting people from the top of the blocks. Now that everyone will be able to, it's just not so special anymore isn't it.

Why I said bare hand is even more silly is more of its existence. At least Hr has "advanced" word backed up for it, even though that doesn't make up for stabbing over JB. I was at least expecting Hr has a point to spend for it. Then suddenly bare hand will get a double jump.

If it's for challenge quest, I'd rather have double jump as a ring (or whatever means) that you could buy at the shop or boxes than getting that out of nowhere. I mean, it gives more meaning to get it. It's called challenge quest for a reason I think.

I've seen people support 2x Austere + 12* leg in other threads too; what is the benefit over 3 12*s? As far as attack stats go, and if you have been lucky with drops, 12*s are marginally higher, and they also provide 2 extra ring slots (regarless of how situational they can be).

Austere set effect from 2 pieces is 50 hp, 20 PP and 60 atk, while each piece gives 70 hp/5 pp by default(which you can craft for a specialized build). It may give slightly less atk than some 12* units, but they give way more hp/pp than any 12*. Double set is another good set too after crafting, with a higher hp/pp pool, but no atk boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    I've seen people support 2x Austere + 12* leg in other threads too; what is the benefit over 3 12*s? As far as attack stats go, and if you have been lucky with drops, 12*s are marginally higher, and they also provide 2 extra ring slots (regarless of how situational they can be).
    The stats combined with the set effect on Austere (60atk, 190hp, 30pp total) are generally stronger than individual 12* units that don't have any set effect. If you don't need 12* for QoL rings any more, you can take advantage of the extra stats. You will still have your leg unit for a utility ring. How many of them do you really need if things like Step JA and Step Jump are going to become class features?
    PSO2JP Ship 2 - ID: BlakLanner
    Main Character: Aenaenon (Techer of inconsistent ability)

Wellp, I'll definitely just reaffix my current Austere gear now rather keep hunting for that Hang Bode. There's not too much I'd want for L rings outside of Short Mirage for FO anyways. Got Atomizer Lovers on my only 12* equipped, I might swap that out for something else.

Quote Originally Posted by BlakLanner View Post
    The stats combined with the set effect on Austere (60atk, 190hp, 30pp total) are generally stronger than individual 12* units that don't have any set effect. If you don't need 12* for QoL rings any more, you can take advantage of the extra stats. You will still have your leg unit for a utility ring. How many of them do you really need if things like Step JA and Step Jump are going to become class features?
    What if 12* Austere happen now that Sega did throw a bone with Invade NT? I mean I get the idea here but if like me you sold your Austere set would it be legit to revert back to 11* and goes for another affixing round? Hell NO. There are plenty of QoL ring for most class now so replacing those 4 won't be much of a headache imho.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

What if Sega throws another wrench and decides to create some crafts for 12* units that are actually good? I realize this is Sega we're talking about, but something tells me they don't want people to go backwards with their units.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Quote Originally Posted by Masu View Post
    What if 12* Austere happen now that Sega did throw a bone with Invade NT? I mean I get the idea here but if like me you sold your Austere set would it be legit to revert back to 11* and goes for another affixing round? Hell NO. There are plenty of QoL ring for most class now so replacing those 4 won't be much of a headache imho.
    I used my Austere as fodder for my current set so I know how you feel about that. The changes won't be implemented for several months so a lot can happen between now and then. I am not going to go out of my way to make units that I would have to wait that long to use given that I just came back after a long time off and I need to get my weapons up to a usable level before I worry about making the over-the-top stuff.
    PSO2JP Ship 2 - ID: BlakLanner
    Main Character: Aenaenon (Techer of inconsistent ability)

Boo, a MHW Bow Charge Step rip-off. Where's the originality, SEGA?
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

I've been using Austere/Leg for a long while. Currently using Austere/Tag Bode but have many copies of Weila and Hang. Since the rings are gonna be skills, didn't really know what other rings to use on it so I was just gonna stay with Austere unless if there is some other ring combo to use.
    『Founder of the Church of Bah-Rehst』