Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Play too 11/12, that allow you to get 2 mid bosses instead of 3

Huh you do realize score in this is inconsequential guys right ?

Ideal scenario is getting 3 times max score, which requires luck and and godly mpa, for only a possible 4th run
    Add to that everything here is area drop...and you realize your goal is to kill as much stuff and as fast as possible. I'd rather have an aircraft crash and milk stuff to hell and beyond in exchange for losing score, than getting back to back boss e-trials that don't even give interesting stuff in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Huh you do realize score in this is inconsequential guys right ?

Ideal scenario is getting 3 times max score, which requires luck and and godly mpa, for only a possible 4th run
    Add to that everything here is area drop...and you realize your goal is to kill as much stuff and as fast as possible. I'd rather have an aircraft crash and milk stuff to hell and beyond in exchange for losing score, than getting back to back boss e-trials that don't even give interesting stuff in the first place.
    Ive been trying to tell people this.
    Just wipe out every mob you possibly see and if you get a trial,you get a trial.
    If anything,you get the guarenteed umblla at 500 so you definitely need that,but beyond that it just slowly shifts the bosses from free field darkers and bosses to abberations and more 85 enemies.
    Whoop de do,you now get a bayari rod in the drop pool = A=)
    Spoiler!

Wasn't there a point to the score? Like certain item drop only appearing if you score at least a certain amount, or a set rare drop bonus for reaching certain scores?
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

Quote Originally Posted by Saffran View Post
    Wasn't there a point to the score? Like certain item drop only appearing if you score at least a certain amount, or a set rare drop bonus for reaching certain scores?
    Same question. SEGA made it wrong not include trash into score counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Saffran View Post
    It looks like the score just effects what new E-Trials can show up; after the Mr. Umblla E-Trial you can get Change Overs that include EmpeRappy and Izane as well as lv85 bosses, and after 4000pts lv85 NA-Aberration bosses show up. The only things that effect drop rate are Umblla and Bowen, and the 14* weapons are area drops, while Dia weapons might be Titled boss drops.
    Last edited by Anduril; Jun 12, 2018 at 05:49 PM.

i was under the impression the score worked like Arkuma Land EQ, 100% RDR followed by 20% RDR increments

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    i was under the impression the score worked like Arkuma Land EQ, 100% RDR followed by 20% RDR increments
    It doesn't, seeing as the score isn't made a big, obvious thing; in the Dengeki EQ, and the upcoming Arkuma Land EQ, you have the Riding Quest-style score counter in the top center of the screen, while Driving Rain doesn't.

EDIT: Oh, also, it looks like the Quest doesn't actually end when you hit 9999 points, so four runs is not possible:
    9999ptに到達してもクエストクリアとはならず、到達後にEトライアルをクリアしても9999のままと なる。
    Last edited by Anduril; Jun 12, 2018 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    It doesn't, seeing as the score isn't made a big, obvious thing; in the Dengeki EQ, and the upcoming Arkuma Land EQ, you have the Riding Quest-style score counter in the top center of the screen, while Driving Rain doesn't.

EDIT: Oh, also, it looks like the Quest doesn't actually end when you hit 9999 points, so four runs is not possible:
    9999ptに到達してもクエストクリアとはならず、到達後にEトライアルをクリアしても9999のままと なる。
    huh good to know on the 9999 part

So much of this EQ feels... lazily done. Umblla at 500 seems to be absolutely useless as a set enemy, especially since his drop boost can totally expire while in mission, and even then, its RNG even for Mr. Boing to spawn and extend the drop boost. Enemies being nothing, but Natives/Darkers until you get to at least 4000 when Aberrations spawn, and even to that point it becomes a hard stretch to kill off bosses. What's even the point of scoring when its all controlled through RNG and not effort?

I had this on my mind for a while; I truly have never been so disappointed in Driving Rain, but this year's version is just terrible. A lot of old seasonal EQs that were really good have started becoming just plain terrible to play(I'm looking at you Trick or Treat 2017). Easter 2018 I will say came back strongly. Whoever is in charge of these EQ redesigns however, needs to have someone else do it, seriously.
    Last edited by Tyreek; Jun 12, 2018 at 10:36 PM.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!