Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Driving rain 2018,best way to get high score?

so i want that dang bow,but in all the times ive run is the trials dont show up enough for the MPA to reach higher than 6k points,is max score even possible?
    and if so,what is the strategy?
    Ive tried rushing ahead to try and trigger trials as well as just trying to kill everything as fast as possible,neither seemed to have much impact. Though if one of the other is detrimental to higher score id like to know so i dont screw my MPA out of potential score.

RNG is RNG man, you either get a high score or you dont. no amount of rushing is gonna solve it

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    RNG is RNG man, you either get a high score or you dont. no amount of rushing is gonna solve it
    Exactly. I've had runs where 3-4 mins passed without a single code being triggered nearly. 1 run I don't break 3k and the next I break nearly 5k in points.

I haven't tried running ahead so I can't give a good answer unfortunately, but one point I was considering trying it at least is once you get 500pts since the next E-Trial is always Umbra so maybe it is queued up or something. Whenever I do the featured quests level up quests whose names I don't remember, when I have enough points that I just need to spawn the last 2 bosses/nyau running ahead eventually works.

More often then not though I have had bosses spawn behind the group when the last E-trial finally says it is completed and sometimes people don't notice which might be a time running ahead would hurt (I don't think 2 can ever be going on at once in this).

It is a ton of RNG but would be nice to know for sure if it could be sped up by skipping a few enemies. At the very least you can probably run to the next quadrant and then back if a Trial doesn't start (Assuming keeping enemies alive by just never fighting them stops trials from happening).

I'll just enter by myself on the next scheduled one and run around so I am not assuming stuff, I missed enough of them just not logging in when I could.

Edit: Yeah, no real benefit for running ahead. Running too far you'll get no more spawns, if you run to the next quadrant and its a boss or not the group will still want to kill every enemy for drops. Kind of helps with Umbra/Umblla since he takes so long to float down but when he is 1 or 2 quadrants away from the trial that gives you 500 pts it takes long enough to say completed which I think it has to before he can spawn.
    Last edited by Klubbah; Jun 9, 2018 at 09:43 PM.

yeah figured its just down to RNG,just wanted to know if there were any method to the madness i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Arakasa View Post
    yeah figured its just down to RNG,just wanted to know if there were any method to the madness i guess
    ya its another one of those "hope the E trials spawn quick" ordeals, all you can really do is clear mobs and see if an E trial spawns in that area or spawn in another and keep rushing through as a group. Highest I've gotten so far is 8k and of course no drops but ya, its RNG

Japs in general usually insist on killing every single non-trial trash enemy that spawns so that's always a total time waster when you should be moving ahead once you've killed the majority of them. Also they work like ants so they need someone to take initiative and lead eeeverytime. Not as bad as in the forest since it seems like there's at least some people here who understand that only trials matter.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyHeaven View Post
    Japs in general usually insist on killing every single non-trial trash enemy that spawns so that's always a total time waster when you should be moving ahead once you've killed the majority of them. Also they work like ants so they need someone to take initiative and lead eeeverytime. Not as bad as in the forest since it seems like there's at least some people here who understand that only trials matter.
    if you used your head, killing as much as possible adds more chances for those 13/14* drops to the loot pool for you. i mean come on man

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    if you used your head, killing as much as possible adds more chances for those 13/14* drops to the loot pool for you. i mean come on man
    Sure as long as you're happy with your 4000 point runs be my quest, don't need people like you in my mpas though.

Quote Originally Posted by Masu View Post
    Indeed. Add to this people seems shy to use it
    I bet most people have their DB filled only at the end of the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyHeaven View Post
    Sure as long as you're happy with your 4000 point runs be my quest, don't need people like you in my mpas though.
    And what this score influence to? SEGA loves when diligent players get nothing and leisure slackers get stuff...

Well about killing much stuff I see my classes lvl up pretty quickly here.