Default PSO2ES Story Discussion

So since no one ever really made a summary or discuss anything about ES's story, how much connection does this game has to the main game and how would you guys rate the story? I feel like ES's story has a darker tone than the main game itself for some reason with the whole Void Facility's legacy still messing things up in which ES's story unravels through it. Character death seems more apparent in ES than the main game ever did as far as I heard.
    test

3/10

Not enough Lolis weaponoids transforming into recolored Bosses.

For real tho I doubt most of us can even comment on the story since the translation of that isn't going as fast as main game. Also the story was pretty trash before Season 1. "oh Dr. Cohen is here now, oh wait nope he is over here now lolz the city is under attack again" a literal Genesis weapon had to become an anime waifu to save this plot.

I can't comment on the story either because I did the entirety of it in Japanese, so my only clues were backgrounds, sprites and the music. But from those 3 alone it didn't really seem... engaging.

Also character deaths? Someone who isn't a bad guy has died in ES? Please make sure to put the answer in spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    I can't comment on the story either because I did the entirety of it in Japanese, so my only clues were backgrounds, sprites and the music. But from those 3 alone it didn't really seem... engaging.

Also character deaths? Someone who isn't a bad guy has died in ES? Please make sure to put the answer in spoilers
    Spoiler!

Also, I feel this is an obligatory post, since Season 3 was announced.

Yes, we're getting an actual Lillipan as a story character. It talks, too!
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

a lilipan that actually speaks a language just seems kinda wrong, considering what the lilipan "language" was all about

can't really speak for the rest of it because I would think any story would lose some impact by not being able to read what was going on, then looking up what it was all about later. stuff like advancing a text box or turning a page into some shocking reveal can get lost in transition pretty easily

Honestly...I wish this was the base story for EP4

"The Erzimaruts are an ancient civilization based on a distant planet who are responsible for the creation of Lillipa's technological society. Long ago, the Erzimarut's home planet was assaulted by a Dark Falz, who is now bound to the planet; the Erzimaruts, seeking refuge from the Dark Falz, escaped to a space station orbiting the planet. In order to survive, the race created android bodies known as "Dark Nix" and transferred their consciousness into them; the Dark Nix, due to the circumstances surrounding their creation, rely on Darker Factor to maintain themselves and naturally repel Photons. A chance encounter by the Darker Busters with a select few Erizimaruts begin to lead them both on a mission to save the race and defeat the Dark Falz once and for all."

Found it on tvtrope tho if anyone has more information about PSO2es story please do share.
    test

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    Honestly...I wish this was the base story for EP4

"The Erzimaruts are an ancient civilization based on a distant planet who are responsible for the creation of Lillipa's technological society. Long ago, the Erzimarut's home planet was assaulted by a Dark Falz, who is now bound to the planet; the Erzimaruts, seeking refuge from the Dark Falz, escaped to a space station orbiting the planet. In order to survive, the race created android bodies known as "Dark Nix" and transferred their consciousness into them; the Dark Nix, due to the circumstances surrounding their creation, rely on Darker Factor to maintain themselves and naturally repel Photons. A chance encounter by the Darker Busters with a select few Erizimaruts begin to lead them both on a mission to save the race and defeat the Dark Falz once and for all."

Found it on tvtrope tho if anyone has more information about PSO2es story please do share.
    I sure wish they would finally make PSO2es relevant to the main story. Especially when you consider THAT.
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    Honestly...I wish this was the base story for EP4.
    once again i wonder why in EP4 they took very stupid decisions , but yeah the ezimaruts are very interesting im still wonder if they will get into EP6 because common they learn how to control the darkers , maybe they can even hack the luminmechs and create a civilwar who knows

also another topic to discuss its about the dark falz that fought the ezimaruth whats the deal with it , its gonna be a clone of Elder (from aesthetic view) just like Lord was of Loser

i wonder because as far as i know Lord was created from Loser essence (well they said it was from any dark falz but thats my theory) but this new dark falz we dont know absolutly nothing so far .

edit: something that came into my mind its : why are we fighting the Kuronites in this game? season 3 happen at the same time or after EP3?
    Last edited by silo1991; Nov 22, 2019 at 12:19 PM.