Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Questions for Hero Build, weapons, rings, and steps (?)

To get some things answered quick, I am a level 80 hero, I do not have the end game units yet, but i am currently grinding for them.

Now, so far through my hero game-play, i've been mainly using the sword and thats about it.
    I never actually tried the techs that combo you into other weapons because they felt slippery when activating them, But i'm curious on if i'm actually missing out on some sick DPS by ignoring the other two weapons and the combo techs.

Is there some perks to using twin machine guns and/or tails instead of swords? Please let me know asap, any guides pointing towards it would be neat too.

Secondly, I still having figured out Step damage and step in general, are they a massive game changer for bonus damage? If anything on the skill tree is step related, should i go for it? Any explanation on it will be appreciated.

Now currently, i'm still figuring out the proper rings.
    I'm also trying to figure out putting rings on units and what ones are worth doing so, so to dumb down the questions below;
    1. What rings do you guys reconmend on units?
    2. What rings do you keep equipped?

So far i'm just using the Mate boost ring and some slayer ring that is pretty much the default.

Also sorry i call techs, "skills" because i'm extremely used to other mmo terms.

I would hesitate to put any rings on units just becuase SEGA is going to turn most of the usual utility rings that people would recommend (Step JA Combo, JA Reversal, Step Jump, and Air Reversal) into level-based innate Skills in October, and since Hero doesn't have any specialized L Rings, you usually won't need more than one or two at a time.
    Your other options for Hero L Rings would be:
    Party of Toughness: Can give up to a 5% damage reduction with a full party (even if they are just NPCs), but gives no reduction if solo.
    Tech Parry: Useful as insurance when casting Resta/Megiverse when using Talis.
    Atomizer Lovers: Useful for reviving others with a Moon.
    Mate Lovers: Good for using Mates, but as a Hero, Resta/Megiverse is the better option.
    Jumping Dodge: Useful for gaining height without using Talis' Weapon Action since you can still use your double jump after activating Jumping Dodge.
    Just Reversal Burst: On the off chance you get knocked over, this is a nice way to damage and blow back enemies when you Just Reversal.

For your Right Ring, R/ P Keeper Striking is the usual go-to.

As a Hero, you should be keeping an eye out for windows to Step and Counter since Hero Counter greatly increases the damage of your Step Attack.

Also, if you aren't using Vapor Bullet and Flash Trick, you are missing out on Sword's highest single-target DPS PA and its best mobility PA, respectively; to avoid switching to the other weapon types when using them, just tap the PA button, don't hold it.
    Last edited by Anduril; Jun 20, 2018 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    I would hesitate to put any rings on units just becuase SEGA is going to turn most of the usual utility rings that people would recommend (Step JA Combo, JA Reversal, Step Jump, and Air Reversal) into level-based innate Skills in October, and since Hero doesn't have any specialized L Rings, you usually won't need more than one or two at a time.
    Your other options for Hero L Rings would be:
    Party of Toughness: Can give up to a 5% damage reduction with a full party (even if they are just NPCs), but gives no reduction if solo.
    Tech Parry: Useful as insurance when casting Resta/Megiverse when using Talis.
    Atomizer Lovers: Useful for reviving others with a Moon.
    Mate Lovers: Good for using Mates, but as a Hero, Resta/Megiverse is the better option.
    Jumping Dodge: Useful for gaining height without using Talis' Weapon Action since you can still use your double jump after activating Jumping Dodge.
    Just Reversal Burst: On the off chance you get knocked over, this is a nice way to damage and blow back enemies when you Just Reversal.

For your Right Ring, R/ P Keeper Striking is the usual go-to.

As a Hero, you should be keeping an eye out for windows to Step and Counter since Hero Counter greatly increases the damage of your Step Attack.

Also, if you aren't using Vapor Bullet and Flash Trick, you are missing out on Sword's highest single-target DPS PA and its best mobility PA, respectively; to avoid switching to the other weapon types when using them, just tap the PA button, don't hold it.
    Sega loves to nerf the beloved, Thank you for the suggestions on that!
    Also yea thanks for the tips on steps, i guess i'll put things towards it now and get end gamed up.

Vapor bullet and flash trick, yea i barely touch those so i'll start throwing that in with my other stuff, any opinions on the other weapons though? Are they also damage savy or lacking compared to swords?

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Talis is great for building gears on bosses ...... cycle through all 4 PAs once (minus JetWheel if the boss is mobile), then switch back to main weapon (through weapon switching PA if you can).

People normally use Tmg for PP recovery ..... but if you can aim (manually if not lockable) for headshot / infection cores, the damage is good too (both normal attacks or MomentOfTrick).
    Edit : Oh, and you can also use BrandNewStar as counter option (doubled the damage done). Combine it with headshot / infection core as target, damage done is really good.
    Last edited by final_attack; Jun 20, 2018 at 09:18 PM.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

Just spam Brand New Star all day and the foes are melt.

Rings? Who needed those?
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by Great Pan View Post
    Just spam Brand New Star all day and the foes are melt.

Rings? Who needed those?
    its time to stop man, maybe youll stop when you realize Hero isnt top class anymore

Sword is pretty much all-purpose already, but having other 2 different weapon would benefit you on certain situation depending on how you want to use it.
    TMG can be used to quick-charge your PP during down phase, brand new star is also pretty good as counter-attack option where it's impossible to hit your attacker with sword step counter.
    Talis is great to fill your hero gear quickly. You can use talis weapon action to throw a teleport marker and quickly travel to it, the marker can stick into moving enemy parts as well so you can use it as gap closer.

Craft SaFoie-0 till 17PP cost.
    Safoie-0 -> Flash Trick -> Step Jump (with a ring) is a one of a fastest dash methods now.
    I sometimes got reported by Japanese noobs while using it lol >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Zulastar View Post
    no, you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulastar View Post
    Craft SaFoie-0 till 17PP cost.
    Safoie-0 -> Flash Trick -> Step Jump (with a ring) is a one of a fastest dash methods now.
    i'll take things that never happened for 10million meseta, alex!