Default Hero talent: Machine guns vs Talis

So sword wins of the three, but between Talis and guns for hero, what do you all think is better?

DPS and Utility wise.

You didn't have to make a whole new thread for this, there's a hero thread.

TMG is only the best if you can reliably hit a ranged only weakpoint, like a head, since they're usually higher than normal weakpoints. Otherwise TMG is just for pp recovery and lazily shooting at stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Salavtore View Post
    So sword wins of the three, but between Talis and guns for hero, what do you all think is better?

DPS and Utility wise.
    we've already discussed the weapon tier for HR in the past and its literally edited in on the first post in the HR thread I made ( and still being lazy to update other random common questions)

Sword>Talis>TMG naturally you'll utilize all 3 but using 2 way more than than the other (TMG)

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    You didn't have to make a whole new thread for this, there's a hero thread.

TMG is only the best if you can reliably hit a ranged only weakpoint, like a head, since they're usually higher than normal weakpoints. Otherwise TMG is just for pp recovery and lazily shooting at stuff.
    something to clarify regarding headshots is they are almost always weaker to hit than an actual universal weak point if its accessible. take any regular darker for example. ranged dmg to the darker's core will always be stronger than the headshot due to how the elemental weakness multipliers are factored in.

regular hitbox - 1.0 multiplier, typically 1.2 elemental weakness, 1.0 other element
    headshot - 2.0 multiplier, 1.2 elemental weakness, 1.0 other element
    darker core - 2.0 multiplier, 2.4 elemental weakness, 2.0 other element

even if you are not matching element, you still get more by hitting cores than headshots if there is one. obviously many mobs don't have a universal weakpoint in which case headshotting is still good, but it's something to keep in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    Spoiler!
    Good to know. I'm actually leveling Br BB (not very experienced with the class tbh) and was kind of clueless why I was getting lower dmg on Anga doing head shot than when aiming straight to it's core. Was just thinking I was missing head hit box or something but was dubious considering Angas one is quite easy to aim/shoot.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Masu View Post
    Good to know. I'm actually leveling Br BB (not very experienced with the class tbh) and was kind of clueless why I was getting lower dmg on Anga doing head shot than when aiming straight to it's core. Was just thinking I was missing head hit box or something but was dubious considering Angas one is quite easy to aim/shoot.
    Thank you.
    anga is a weird exception. you do more to headshot because the hitbox is a 1.7 ranged multiplier with 1.2 element weakness while core is 1.1475 ranged multiplier with 1.62 elemental weakness (2.04 vs. 1.86 total multiplier). you may have either been missing JA or not getting the headshot.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masu View Post
    Thank you.
    Hitbox problem maybe? AoE PAs sometimes making arm / body the main target .... kinda like cats boss, Gu's SatAim right in front of the face will only hit the face after both leg and crown is destroyed.

I remember doing more damage on headshots than exposed butt core
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    anga is a weird exception. you do more to headshot because the hitbox is a 1.7 ranged multiplier with 1.2 element weakness while core is 1.1475 ranged multiplier with 1.62 elemental weakness (2.04 vs. 1.86 total multiplier). you may have either been missing JA or not getting the headshot.
    Lol ok. Well I derp somewhere then and as final_attack is pointing, when I was doing solo xq with Gu I was spamming sat aim at Angas head too and it was working great so yeah there's definetely a problem with me x) Can't be AoE thing because I was using final nemesis.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

oh yeah and you gotta take the power of your weapons into account too, like I noticed it felt like spamming aura bullets from my nemesis calibur NT was dealing more damage than the basic attack from the bullet kunai I still had at the time.

anyway it seems to me like sword's the best single-target, TMGs are the best for handling crowds, and Talis is best for getting your hero gear charged faster.

there are exceptions to these ideas; like Counters fill your hero gear even faster than Talis does, and Counter Brand New Star is great for both high damage and it's i-frames